How far would Robert go if he knew....

~DarkHorse~

2- Ned and Jon would die. At the very least Jon would die as Bob is not exactly the calmest, clearest thinking man when angry. His love of his friend would be overshadowed by anger and he'd likely call for both their heads. Cat and kids would most likely live as long as they can convince Bob they knew nothing.

Somehow I very much doubt that. First, if he rose in war against his best friend for irrelevant (to the realm) reasons he wouldn't master much of a force and even if he did, Moat Cailin would stop his ass. As for Robert killing Ned himself, NEVER.

Somehow I very much doubt that. First, if he rose in war against his best friend for irrelevant (to the realm) reasons he wouldn't master much of a force and even if he did, Moat Cailin would stop his ass. As for Robert killing Ned himself, NEVER.

I think Ned might not get killed, but Robert would call for Jon's head without a doubt. He's the living incarnation of Rhaegar's rape of Lyanna, no way Bob is going to let him live. But no way Ned hands him over. It'll lead to war, so there's no way to tell who will win. But without a doubt Bob calls for Jon's head.

Cersei and Jaime are definitely dead . It's safe to say the kids as well are likely killed. All assuming Tywin doesn't step in beforehand and rescue his kin. No matter what, there is civil war between Baratheon and Lannister.

Jon Snow is tougher to speculate on. I think he would probably resent him. Likeliest from my POV is Robert ordering Jon to be handed over and Ned refusing, leading to a whole big thing.

The situation with Jon is more difficult than the Lannister problem. Jon is NW all past crimes and indiscretions are forgiven once the oath is given. Even in King Bob's rage he would think twice about killing a member of the NW.Master Aemon is a Targ and Bob must know it, yet he takes no vengeance.

who would answer the call to war though if it did come down to it between Robert and Ned over the fate of Jon Snow? No one that's who. Robert better let it go or he will find that the North is a perfect place for his bones to lie.

I think that in truth Robert only still holds so much hatred for Rhaegar because of the way his life turned out since ascending the throne. all his misery is because of Rhaegar stealing off with Lyanna. If he had had a perfectly happy marriage with beautiful black haired children running around he might have been happy but instead he got forced into a marriage he did not want with a woman who did not want him.

And besides could he really kill Jon who in truth looks so much like Lyanna and Ned. Robert loved both Ned and Lyanna could he really want to forever discard the bond him and Ned share over a something so insignificant?

Op

1- Cersie and Jamie would die- Tywin couldn't do shit because they're gulity of Treason. Probably the kids would die too, Bob had zero issue with killing kids after all. They might live, but would be illegitimized therefore be bastards and not a real threat.

2- Ned and Jon would die. At the very least Jon would die as Bob is not exactly the calmest, clearest thinking man when angry. His love of his friend would be overshadowed by anger and he'd likely call for both their heads. Cat and kids would most likely live as long as they can convince Bob they knew nothing.

1- That's what I was thinking but he puts his family legacy above all and technically he committed treason when sacking Kings Landing. Perhaps, Tywin wouldn't declare war on Robert without a high chance of victory but he could plot some accident for him ( he did orchestra the Red Wedding after all). I can't see him letting Robert get away with killing his legacy, regardless of their crimes.....he would spiral into madness having only a dwarf heir and twins who committed incest. Who knows what he would do? But I think this would turn him into even more of a dangerous man.

2- I think that's the problem- Robert would act rash in his anger and perhaps regret his decision later. I can't see him having the heart to kill Ned but in a fit of rage who knows? However, he wouldn't go so far as to wipe out all of the Starks even if they did know.

1- I thinks it's obvious what he would do.

2- Robert would be angry at Ned, and if 1, didn't occur than Cersei would likely tell Robert to have Ned beheaded as traitor along with Jon. Robert would be visibly mad at Ned, but when he learns the whole story surrounding Lyanna and Rhaegar, it would come as a great shock. Jon joined the NW, and Robert could possibly find it to forgive Ned but his trust in Ned would be shaken.

1- That's what I was thinking but he puts his family legacy above all and technically he committed treason when sacking Kings Landing. Perhaps, Tywin wouldn't declare war on Robert without a high chance of victory but he could plot some accident for him ( he did orchestra the Red Wedding after all). I can't see him letting Robert get away with killing his legacy, regardless of their crimes.....he would spiral into madness having only a dwarf heir and twins who committed incest. Who knows what he would do? But I think this would turn him into even more of a dangerous man.

2- I think that's the problem- Robert would act rash in his anger and perhaps regret his decision later. I can't see him having the heart to kill Ned but in a fit of rage who knows? However, he wouldn't go so far as to wipe out all of the Starks even if they did know.

1- Tywin wouldn't necessarily be safe from Robert. In his anger and with most of the 7 kingdoms backing him me may just go Rains of Castimer on the Lannisters of the Rock... he's pretty well know for being impulsive and as king could declare them as traitors to the crown and have them killed.

2- with the North so far away that may give him time to cool down in his anger twords Ned, and the other Starks, but I have no doubt he'd call for Jon's head, at least initially. He wanted Dany dead so badly, no way would he not try to have Jon killed. Whether or not he'd be successful is a whole other conversation that involves North vs South war, who's a better commander vs warrior (bob's gotten soft) and numerous other factors that I haven't fully flushed out to make a claim one way or the other at this time. Maybe I can give a better argument with some of reflection. There are just too many pieces to consider to make a quick assessment, other than it would be a sad, tragic fight.

We already know the answer nothing.

1) Ned says Robert remembers everything even when he passes out drunk

2) cercei said she waits till he's too drunk to do anything and does 'other' things to finish him of

3) his hatred for jaime and always wanting to humiliate him as he was humiliating him in private

4) always goes hunting when cercei is about to give him another bastard

5) he has being in contact with at least 2-3 of his bastards, maya, Edric and the whorehouse girl and they all look like him except cercei's children.

if Robert comes to know about Jon then first he would get angry on Ned for keeping it secret but his anger wont last long. he already saw Jon at winterfell so he knows Jon looks more like stark and lyanna. so he wont go after to kill him. since Jon is the son of lyanna and looks purely like stark it wuld remind him about lyanna and not white haired targaryens shits. since he is poor bastard and member of nights watch he would forget and would let him to live as courtesy to Neds friendship.

1) I think it was one of Catelyn's POVs or maybe Ned's where it's said that if the kids were indeed born of incest, no one in the realm would blame Robert for having the children killed, because incest is just THAT taboo. Also Robert's wroth is terrible, so it's safe to assume that Robert would kill Jaime, Cersei, and all three of the children (though in the case of the kids he might not do it himself)

2) The most likely scenario is Robert wants to kill Jon (he tried to have Viserys and Daenerys killed), but Ned wouldn't hand him over, and that would lead to war.

Archived