Should GRRM write a Robert's Rebellion book

The Black Hawk

• 4 weeks later...

I've thought of this but I doubt a book will come out, However I do think that Robert's Rebellion may be made into a feature film. It could be short enough to make into one or two films provided George doesn't actually start writing the book making it extremely long.

Nah, it's all there in the books already.

What would be really cool is a book about the Bleeding Years (or Century of Blood): the attempt by Volantis to recreate the Valyrian empire by conquering all the Free Cities. It would have a World War II feel (the first easy/quick conquests, everyone allying against the aggressor, the final defeat), it would have Aegon the Conqueror (when he was not the Conqueror yet), and lots and lots of Essosi characters (and finally Essosi POVs). Because Essos deserves some love too !

After ASOIAF is finished, of course.

We already know everything there is to know about Robert's Rebellion. It's all there. A prequel while being interesting would add nothing.

But we can get major perspectives of the war from Rhaegar, Robert, hell even the Mad King. I would buy that book faster than I would TWoW.

He was asked the very same question at Comic Con this year and he said he won't be doing it.

The reason is because by the time the entire series is finished everything we need to know about Robert's Rebellion will have been fed to us. Howland Reed anyone?

Archived