Should GRRM write a Robert's Rebellion book

The Black Hawk

It would be badass if GRRM could live to 200 years old, but he's human so he won't, same goes for these "should he write more book series" when he hasn't even finished ASOIAF or Dunk's.

Honestly, I think it's a piety that someone as talented as GRRM, has no close kin who could end the series (in case something happens, but lets not think of that ;( ) or at least pickup from GRRM's notes and expand the universe even further. At the end, Tywin was right after all. Legacy matters a lot.

It sure did help Tolkien.

It also happened with Herbert's Dune, but then the resulting books didn't do so well.

I think it's possible that N+A=Puddles.

Of course, there's a very good thread about H+A=M+J. Worth a read. Plus, if true, it's unlikely Ned would sleep with his pal's lady friend.

Imagine the shock if it actually turns out that way, or any other way besides R+L=J

I mean, I'm a believer of R+L=J, but I never like to be 100% about these things in case something else happens in the future

I still think Ned cheated on Catelyn no man is loyal to his woman every guy has some things they don't wont they girlfriends to know. I never cheated on my girl but let's just say staring at girl for a nanosecond earns you a asswhoopin

Still waiting for the south to rise again?

Would like a prequel as long as it's after this series is in the bag! I think I would almost rather have HBO do a miniseries of the rebellion. They could air it while they are waiting for GRRM to finish the series since they are on pace to catch him. They could do a 3-4 part 2 hours each series. It wouldn't even really require much from GRRM since the charactors and back stories have all been written.

For me the point of GRRM's appeal is that he doesn't feel the need to spell out every detail

would this forum exist if those questions were answered?

If you write a good book and keep half the mysteries to to yourself people will go on debating the meaning of the rest for 1600 years

For me the point of GRRM's appeal is that he doesn't feel the need to spell out every detail

would this forum exist if those questions were answered?

If you write a good book and keep half the mysteries to to yourself people will go on debating the meaning of the rest for 1600 years

The forums would still exist Tolkien answered nearly every damn question and there are about 6-7 very active forums I know of(Not an member of any of them though).

There will always be different interpretations to things,different scenarios to discuss.

GRRM has specifically ruled out ever doing a prequel series about Robert's Rebellion. He says it doesn't interest him and by the end of ASoIaF itself the reader will know everything about the rebellion that's worth knowing.

However, he has said he will write more D&E (most of them after ASoIaF, at this rate) and has tentative ideas about a first-person POV novel about Aegon IV, "the worst king in the history of Westeros".

He won't. I think in one of SSM you'll find that he said that RR is part of ASOIAF's main story, and there would be no reason to write prequel book for that.

Now don't break my heart.

Archived