Should GRRM write a Robert's Rebellion book

The Black Hawk

He won't. I think in one of SSM you'll find that he said that RR is part of ASOIAF's main story, and there would be no reason to write prequel book for that.

I think it would be badass if he did write it I want to see Stannis, Robert, Aerys, Rhaegar POVs. Lyanna would defiantly be one I want to see

The idea of a Robert's Rebellion novella makes me quite defiant. I just don't care for it. I want a book from Puddles' POV.

IMO, it would be better to finish the main story first, although I think GRRM should do what he wants. Sure, it would be cool, but it would be far more awesome if asoiaf would be finished.

I think I read somewhere that a spin-off of the rebellion is possible for the televison show, when it keeps up with the books.

Am I the only person who doesn't want to see this? I think a Robert's Rebellion novel would be boring since we already know what happens at the end.

Its not the ending its the journey

The idea of a Robert's Rebellion novella makes me quite defiant. I just don't care for it. I want a book from Puddles' POV.

:commie: Puddles! Puddles! PUDDLES!

Also this

He won't. I think in one of SSM you'll find that he said that RR is part of ASOIAF's main story, and there would be no reason to write prequel book for that.

....that'd basically be a male Dany. Noble, compassionate, and charismatic, but also utterly single-minded when it comes to getting what he wants.

Not quite. Not in my head. Hell no.

Har! Also Puddles for POV!

Am I the only person who doesn't want to see this? I think a Robert's Rebellion novel would be boring since we already know what happens at the end.

Not only in the end. We know (or we will most likely know by the end of ASOIAF) of how and why everything happened. I agree with you.

The psychological thrillel that will shorten your breath...

I think it would be badass if he did write it I want to see Stannis, Robert, Aerys, Rhaegar POVs. Lyanna would defiantly be one I want to see

Are you sure you want this? You do realize that these are the POVs that would prove R+L=J.

I'm less defiant about this. I kind of wouldn't mind seeing a Tywin POV to prove to the world that he's always been a shithead, even with that alleged 20 years of peace as Hand.

We know that HBO CANNOT do anything with Roberts Rebellion before the last book comes out. George had them put that in his contract. This means if they run out of books, they could do a prequel "Dunk and Egg" series but Robert's Rebellion is off the table.

This means he is PROBABLY planning to show us the Rebellion. He doesn't want D&D or anyone else telling that story before he's ready to have it told.

After the Dream of Spring comes out, with any luck, a prequel "Roberts Rebellion" book will be redundant.

Are you sure you want this? You do realize that these are the POVs that would prove R+L=J.

His gf already proved R+L=J for him, so he's set.

I'm less defiant about this. I kind of wouldn't mind seeing a Tywin POV to prove to the world that he's always been a shithead, even with that alleged 20 years of peace as Hand.

Puddles is better than Tywin. Anyone who thinks Tywin is all noble and peaceful and shit after the regular books aren't the type who will be convinced he's a shit when we have his POV. Reading comprehensions differ. I'd be very defiant if we had a Tywin novella before a Puddles novella. Grrr.

It would be badass if GRRM could live to 200 years old, but he's human so he won't, same goes for these "should he write more book series" when he hasn't even finished ASOIAF or Dunk's.

Honestly, I think it's a piety that someone as talented as GRRM, has no close kin who could end the series (in case something happens, but lets not think of that ;( ) or at least pickup from GRRM's notes and expand the universe even further. At the end, Tywin was right after all. Legacy matters a lot.

It sure did help Tolkien.

Archived