Is Satin a spy?

diremitar

I think people give LF too much credit, even he's not smart enough or had the foresight or aware of AA, tptwp or rhaegars bastards or whatever else is at the wall.

Lyanna may have gotten a boat to Dorne from looking very pregnant. LF had a big job there, master If customs, and it would be his job to know the comings and goings of the ships. He may know about Jon because Ned would suddenly have a bastard and he knows Ned was honorable beyond the point of making sense as he would research his arch rival.

Satin is one of my favorite but frustrating enigmas. There are not enough hours in the days to reread as I wish! There is more to this person than we are aware. I see the clues there about Mully's potential complicity in the mutiny. But Satin is an entirely different player.

I think Littlefinger brought Satin to the Vale for the purpose of bribing Lyn. Lyn probably got tired of Satin (or maybe some other reason forced Lyn to get rid of him). Either way, Satin became loose end who got sent to the dungeon. Satin may have been a spy when he was with Lyn, but I doubt Littlefinger gave him instructions to spy at the Wall. I doubt Littlefinger is very concerned about Satin; he may not even know Satin went to the Wall. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Satin knew more than Littlefinger realized. And since I expect the NW, North, Vale, and Riverlands storylines to consolidate, I wouldn't be surprised if whatever dirt Satin has comes back to haunt Littlefinger.

I thought I was the only one who questioned Stations background.

What is a male painted whore doing in the dunegons of a Vale lord from Oldtown?

Then there is his appeance and age which make his the perfect candidate to be a Martell bastard, presumably the white knights bastard which would make him being born in a brothel not a lie but the truth spiced with a lie. Then how is it a whore can read and write? Chatyas daughter was only able to learn to read because of the extra time when gained by being tyrions beard.

• 2 months later...

I think Littlefinger brought Satin to the Vale for the purpose of bribing Lyn.  Lyn probably got tired of Satin (or maybe some other reason forced Lyn to get rid of him).  Either way, Satin became loose end who got sent to the dungeon.  Satin may have been a spy when he was with Lyn, but I doubt Littlefinger gave him instructions to spy at the Wall.  I doubt Littlefinger is very concerned about Satin; he may not even know Satin went to the Wall.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if Satin knew more than Littlefinger realized.  And since I expect the NW, North, Vale, and Riverlands storylines to consolidate, I wouldn't be surprised if whatever dirt Satin has comes back to haunt Littlefinger.  

I think the same. I like Satin so much, I don't want him to be a spy. I had the same ideas about him as you. If there is someone who hears and knows important and dangerous informations  via gossips - it is the whores. Especially a male prostitute who knows the gay lords in multiple area (Oldtown, Gulltown). I think Satin is going to be a dangerous aspect in the future.

Hell, for all I care everyone can die if Satin and Ghost can survive live a happy life.  :bowdown: 
I have two rules:
1. You kill the animals, your books are not worthy to read. (I stopped Harry Potter, the minute JKR killed Hedvig! That was the end.)  :devil: 
2. The miserable need to stop being miserable. Means: Satin.  :crying:

Edit: spelling

I have two rules:
1. You kill the animals, your books are not worthy to read. (I stopped Harry Potter, the minute JKR killed Hedvig! That was the end.)  :devil: 
2. The miserable need to stop being miserable. Means: Satin.  :crying:

Edit: spelling

Lady? Grey wind?

Lady? Grey wind?

They died at the start, and we couldn't really connect with them. Thought I was crying wen Lady died. (I dont remember a Sansa POV from that time. There was no description on Sansa's feeling from when Lady was killed, was there?

But Robb didn't even had a POV. Furthermore I read a theory somewhere that Gray Wind could be alive - which I thought to be funny first, but after 5 books you learn to be skeptic at every death. Especially after UnCat, UnBeric and UnGregor. It starts to become a comedy now.

So no MORE wolf death. It would be soo unbalanced. The dragons are alive, happy, now free and the wolfs just keep dieing. No.

I am working on a theory that Satin was sent to the wall by Marwyn to keep an eye on events at the Wall and beyond, perhaps to get information on Maester Aemon or Jon Snow too.

Perhaps Marwyn wanted Satin to find out information in the books and scrolls at Castle Black. Sam had said the library was a treasure, even having some scrolls from old Valyria. Satin can read and write; maybe his lack in taking care of some of his steward's duties was because he was in the tunnels looking for things for Marwyn.

I think Littlefinger brought Satin to the Vale for the purpose of bribing Lyn.  Lyn probably got tired of Satin (or maybe some other reason forced Lyn to get rid of him).  Either way, Satin became loose end who got sent to the dungeon.  Satin may have been a spy when he was with Lyn, but I doubt Littlefinger gave him instructions to spy at the Wall.  I doubt Littlefinger is very concerned about Satin; he may not even know Satin went to the Wall.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if Satin knew more than Littlefinger realized.  And since I expect the NW, North, Vale, and Riverlands storylines to consolidate, I wouldn't be surprised if whatever dirt Satin has comes back to haunt Littlefinger.  

Plausible explanation.

Perhaps Marwyn wanted Satin to find out information in the books and scrolls at Castle Black. Sam had said the library was a treasure, even having some scrolls from old Valyria. Satin can read and write; maybe his lack in taking care of some of his steward's duties was because he was in the tunnels looking for things for Marwyn.

Could he be Marwyn's bastard?

I am afraid in the end we will find out Satin is simply Satin. Could you imagine a more surprising identity then himself?
Really, we suspect him to be a Faceless Man, Varys spy, LF'S Spy, Hightower bastard, Martell bastard, Merwyn's spy, Marwyn's bastard, Brandon Stark's Bastard, Mormont's bastard, Parfumed SH, and everything in between and more.
Is there another character who is more suspicious? He has to be simply Satin. 

I am afraid in the end we will find out Satin is simply Satin. Could you imagine a more surprising identity then himself?
Really, we suspect him to be a Faceless Man, Varys spy, LF'S Spy, Hightower bastard, Martell bastard, Merwyn's spy, Marwyn's bastard, Brandon Stark's Bastard, Mormont's bastard, Parfumed SH, and everything in between and more.

This is probably the case but speculating on everyone's hidden identities is what we do to pass the time till Winds gets here.  I hope it's here soon.

He's everyone except Howland Reed.

This is probably the case but speculating on everyone's hidden identities is what we do to pass the time till Winds gets here.  I hope it's here soon.

I know. I want to read the next book so much, too. I want to know what will happen, but from the books, and not from the TV show. Now, I am not praying to get the book, but to have enough strength not to see the show first for spilers (is I can not have the book before the next season) There is no way that in the world of the Internet I could avoid the news. It makes me so sad. 
But, am am off topic again.

Archived