Dany's fate?

Hodor Blackfyre

I know right. If anything the dragons make wars shorter, because no one wants to fight against them.

But they have and they will fight again,Burning to death with your eye balls melting in their sockets and skin falling off at all odd places is just unpleasant,Think this times 5000,Fire also is a slow killer.

Fire is a cruel way to kill,Which is why I hate both Dany's and Stannis's killing methods.

You have to be very brave, or very stupid, to fight against an opposing army that has dragons. Thorren Stark understood that.

Dragon at this stage and no Balerion.

I get it that you like Dany but Drogon isn't as big an asset as people make him out to be.

@Mormont

Isn't it standard literary practice to to repeat a plot point in some manner, before it comes to fruition in a third occurrence?

You mean the rule of three? Yes, but the usual structure is for the hero to fail (or partially succeed) twice before finally succeeding on the third attempt. I can't think of any instance that would be comparable to what is being argued here: that the author has the protagonist fail twice to set up a third failure. There's no dramatic tension to that, no story progression: it just doesn't work.

Dragon at this stage and no Balerion.

I get it that you like Dany but Drogon isn't as big an asset as people make him out to be.

He's however effective GRRM chooses to make him, we have not seem him in battle. So its all speculation at this point. But I think we will see early on in WoW, just what he can do to an opposing army, if Khal Jhogo tries to mess with Dany.

Dany's plan of action for the rest of the series:

• She unites all the khalasars as the Stallion Who Mounts the World.
  • Crushes slavery across Essos and sacks some more cities.
  • Marches on Pentos and learns the truth of Aegon's birth from Illyrio.
  • Sails to Dragonstone and fights the second dance of the dragons against Aegon.
  • Takes the Iron Throne.
  • Kills all your faves.
  • The end.

If GRRM keeps writing at his DwD pace, each one of those events is going to take a whole book.

But they have and they will fight again,Burning to death with your eye balls melting in their sockets and skin falling off at all odd places is just unpleasant,Think this times 5000,Fire also is a slow killer.

Fire is a cruel way to kill,Which is why I hate both Dany's and Stannis's killing methods.

If they do it won't be because Dany started it, the last dance was others convicting Aegon II to take the throne from Rhaenyra. No one can dispute Dany is who she says she is Aegon will be joined not because people believe him to be Rhaegars son but because they wanna get in bed with the next king (look at Cercei's kids). I think Arianne will convince him Dany is mad because she killed her brother for the crown and once she hears of Quentyns death she'll say Aegon is next if he doesn't stop her.

He's however effective GRRM chooses to make him, we have not seem him in battle. So its all speculation at this point. But I think we will see early on in WoW, just what he can do to an opposing army, if Khal Jhogo tries to mess with Dany.

Drogon probably could take on 50 riders, particularly as their horses will bolt at dragon fire. I don't think he's big enough to take on hundreds of archers.

Drogon probably could take on 50 riders, particularly as their horses will bolt at dragon fire. I don't think he's big enough to take on hundreds of archers.

We shall see. Personally I wonder what would be the point of the dragons, if they won't be an effective weapon in battle.

We shall see. Personally I wonder what would be the point of the dragons, if they won't be an effective weapon in battle.

When he's the size of Balerion, I'm sure he could take on hundreds. But, not at this stage.

When he's the size of Balerion, I'm sure he could take on hundreds. But, not at this stage.

I don't think he will get anywhere near that size during the story. Wasnt Balerion like a 100 years old? IIRC, the Targs brought him from Valyria, and Aegon didn't conquer Westeros till 100 years later.

Archived