GOODKIND III

Werthead

People armed only with their hatred for moral clarity fell bloodied

:lol:

Every time I read a quote from a Goodkind book, I think he can sink no lower. But I'm always amazed at his ability to write so badly. This reads just like one of his interviews. Yes, peace protesters are "people armed only with their hatred for moral clarity".

Some of the people, screaming their contempt, used their fists to attack Richard's men

Ok, the peace protesters suddenly give up all their ideals. Well, in Goodkind's world....

Men behind Richard hit the line of evil's guardians with unrestrained violence

Weren't they innocent peace protesters a moment ago? Perhaps they admitted not liking Terry's work. Or they were the innocent peace protesters that weren't innocent peace protesters but evil incarnate.

This scene makes me think - did Goodkind support the Tiananmen square massacre? Or if it had been a US government doing exactly the same, would he support it. I feel he wouldn't support Tiananmen because it was done by a communist government, rather than because it was the murder of thousands of innocent protesters.

What worries me is that a lot of fans describe Naked Empire as Goodkind's best book. Do they seriously advocate the slaughter of unarmed civilians who disagree with their point of view? Would they have had the military shoot down everyone who went on the anti-war march in London against the war in Iraq?

Or they were the innocent peace protesters that weren't innocent peace protesters but evil incarnate.

Does Terry mention if the protestors are 8 year old girls in the passage?

:lol:

Ok, the peace protesters suddenly give up all their ideals. Well, in Goodkind's world....

Weren't they innocent peace protesters a moment ago? Perhaps they admitted not liking Terry's work. Or they were the innocent peace protesters that weren't innocent peace protesters but evil incarnate.

The men behind Richard are those who gave up everything they'd always believed in, in order to join Richard in violent rebellion against the Order. All it took was a couple of speeches. For the others, well, naturally if you don't accept Richards point of view then you are irredeemably evil and need to be hacked to bloody bits to make room for those who do.

Does Terry mention if the protestors are 8 year old girls in the passage?

He doesn't say, but as mentioned before, these people's leaders are children (purity and innocence and all that crap), so it wouldn't surprise me if there were some in the crowd. No doubt Richard, in his great benevolence, only kicked their teeth in.

I don't know if anyone has ever read the Iron Dream by Norman Spinrad. Basically it is him writing a pulp Sci-Fi novel as written by an Adolf Hitler who left Germany after WWI and became a pulp Sci-Fi novelist in the US. The whole thing is essentially the story of Adolf's Mary-Sue like Ubermench and his heroic struggle against the quasi humans from the East and the mind-controlling Doms who have infiltrated the pure land of the "true men".

It is way over the top and yet bizarrely this peace protesters segment from Goodkind (as well as assorted other bits) could have come straight out of Spinrad/Hitler's Sci-Fi tome.

Is there something we need to be told about Terry?

I don't know if anyone has ever read the Iron Dream by Norman Spinrad. Basically it is him writing a pulp Sci-Fi novel as written by an Adolf Hitler who left Germany after WWI and became a pulp Sci-Fi novelist in the US. The whole thing is essentially the story of Adolf's Mary-Sue like Ubermench and his heroic struggle against the quasi humans from the East and the mind-controlling Doms who have infiltrated the pure land of the "true men".

It is way over the top and yet bizarrely this peace protesters segment from Goodkind (as well as assorted other bits) could have come straight out of Spinrad/Hitler's Sci-Fi tome.

Is there something we need to be told about Terry?

Seig heil, mein Goodkind!

What the hell? I never even made the relation, surely these "evil guardians" were some other guys that were standing near the protest? I mean, the line comes just after Richard beheads an unarmed, non-violent woman and skewers a poor guy trying save his life and others by gripping a sword with bare hands... Surely this is an error, these poor victims can neither be evil nor guardians, right?

I mean, if I was an evil guardian, this would be the moment I'd chose to attack Richard's troops from behind with my fully armored, armed and trained legions of terror. I would not consider it efficient to guard anything from bloodthirsty savages with swords by being on their way and speaking about love and flower and stuff.

This passage, though offensive and repugnant to the extreme, is SO different from what I read in the first book. It looks like Goodkind definitely took his series into a different direction at some point.

Man, this guys really is a tool. Moral clarity indeed. It's apparently morally ambiguous to Goodkind whether killing unarmed civilians is a good or bad thing.

On his way past her, gritting his teeth as he screamed with the fury of the attack begun

I've spent the last 5 minutes trying to grit my teeth as I scream with fury but unable to pull it off. Maybe only noble creatures such as Richard can do this.

Also I need a bit of a clarification. This Order is a seperate entity that goes around raping and murdering people, and that is presumably raping and murdering these dirty hippies, so why are they getting in Richard's way? Wouldn't they just sit off to the side smoking peace pipes while Richard did whatever he was going to do?

Maybe I'm missing something here. They were going to attack the Order right? Or were they going to kill the child rulers of these people?

It's apparently morally ambiguous to Goodkind whether killing unarmed civilians is a good or bad thing.

No, its quite clear the if you are an angry hero its fine to slaughter unarmed treehuggers.... but if you are Evil Communist types who are young and ignorant you will get carved to pieces by said angry hero and his magical non-fantasy sword...

We are nearing the fateful 666 replies.

Should we start something like GOODKIND IV The Flood of the Fallen?

Or should we take destiny in our hands and charge valiantly, like Richard did against those evil peace protestors, and discover what wonders lie beyond reply #666?

What are our evil peace loving mods trying to hide from us?

I'm having a hard time thinking a Goodkind related title with mystar in it. So far my poorly inspired efforts have only produced:

"Mystar my Destination" Besterian style.

"MyStar Wars" Lucas style.

:lol: :lol: I totally missed that teeth gritting thing. I guess that is one ferocious nose scream!

I think the new title should be "Goodkind IV: Walking and chewing gum AT THE SAME TIME"

Archived