That POV character you could care less about

jeffklm

Sansa. I think people who doesn't count Sansa probably consider Littlefinger factor. I'm not a big fan of Littlefinger and his schemes to be honest. Maybe that's why I don't care Sansa.

Brienne. Her storyline in AFFC was soul-destroying. We all knew her goal was futile at the beginning.

I really can't work up any interest in Areo Hotah as a character, but as a window on Doran he's useful. Damphair is a fail as a character, IMHO. I think Martin tried to go somewhere with him but it didn't pan out. Can't say that I'm neutral on most of the other POVs. I Like 'em or dislike 'em but have some feelings.

Brienne. Her storyline in AFFC was soul-destroying.

So was Ned Stark's overall storyline, but the real reason I count them amongst my favorites is that Brienne's POVs gave me a new perspective on her feelings: for Jaime, for Renly, for knighthood in general and the bittersweet memories of Tarth contrast what she told Cat two books before this one.

Much like it happened with Ned Stark, I felt like I actually got to know her before her downfall. Made me invested in the characters because of their own perspective on things rather than other characters's perspectives on any of them.

I really can't work up any interest in Areo Hotah as a character, but as a window on Doran he's useful. Damphair is a fail as a character, IMHO. I think Martin tried to go somewhere with him but it didn't pan out. Can't say that I'm neutral on most of the other POVs. I Like 'em or dislike 'em but have some feelings.

I sometimes think Areo is about as close as we get to 3rd person omniscient in the series. I sometimes forget he even exists.

I sometimes think Areo is about as close as we get to 3rd person omniscient in the series.

Sometimes I literally confuse him with his axe. He doesn't sound human in more ways than one.

I mean, Connington was cynical as well but his love for his son and his other father was always palpable. Areo loves the Martell father and daughter, but it just ain't the same.

its funny, it seems like the small minority im a part of (dany fans) could really kinda give a shit about jon snow, and jon snow fans feel the same about dany....subconsciously predicting inevitable ultimate showdown in last book!?!

I hope not. I must be a rare person who loves them both.

Ironic, no?

I couldn't get enough of those despite Theon's POV were never amongst my favorites.

Agreed on Theon, I hated those. But Reek was fantastic. "Reek, Reek, it rhymes with freak!" :laugh:

Agreed most boring chapters in the whole series. IMO atleast her wanderings had almost no point.

Nah, I loved Brienne. Pwning the Bloody Mummers was great, and Pod is going to be a kickass knight.

"I should have used the magic sword. I should have used the bloody sword."

Agreed on Theon, I hated those. But Reek was fantastic. "Reek, Reek, it rhymes with freak!" :laugh:

Nah, I loved Brienne. Pwning the Bloody Mummers was great, and Pod is going to be a kickass knight.

"I should have used the magic sword. I should have used the bloody sword."

Thats why i said almost, her killing the Mummers was the best part. It was just a bit boring for me but i like Brienne as a character nothing against her.

Archived