That POV character you could care less about

jeffklm

I think it's hilarious how much hate has attached itself to Aeron Greyjoy. Out of the 344 chapters that make up the entire series thus far, only 2 of them are from the Damphair's POV. I will admit that his first chapter was extremely dull. And the phrase "A godless man cannot sit the Seastone Chair" was repeated more times in that one chapter than the phrase "wherever whores go" has appeared in the last 3 books combined. However, the 2nd Damphair chapter was the Kingsmoot and I happen to enjoy reading that. It gave us more detail into Ironborn culture, gave us a look at what Euron Crow's Eye has been up to, etc. Personally I find Brienne's chapters a lot more dull than those of the Damphair.

But I digress...as for the POV character I couldn't care less about, well, it has to be Dany. And not just because of her lollygagging around in DwD. I roll my eyes each time I get to a Dany chapter because she is so far removed from the Game that it feels like I'm being forced into a timeout whenever the flow of the story shifts to her neck of the woods.

Anything in essos just bores the hell out of me tbh

For me the only essosi POVs I didnt like were and Tyrion and Dany in ADWD.

I agree. Also, my computer moniter is covered in grape juice thanks to your avatar.

I think if he keeps it for a while, It will be the the image I see when I think of Stannis.

He is still one of my favorites, but his Essosi chapters have put a major dent in terms of me liking him.

I agree. I enjoyed his chapters in Westeros but the Essosi ones...ehhh not so much.

Also Arys Oakhearts one chapter, despite containing some cool info about the history of the Kingsguard, seemed pretty inconsequential considering it was his only one, and it literally only existed to show he actually struggled with breaking his vows.

I don't like tyrion at all, but i did like reading his povs because they were interesting, until he got to essos.

I'm curious, did anyone truly dislike Tyrion before the end of Storm? I personally haven't meet anyone who expressed a particular dislike of Tyrion before they read either the end of Storm or Dance.

Archived