That POV character you could care less about

jeffklm

Ironic, no?

I couldn't get enough of those despite Theon's POV were never amongst my favorites.

Agreed on Theon, I hated those. But Reek was fantastic. "Reek, Reek, it rhymes with freak!" :laugh:

The rhymes were definitely the best part!

Not even Patchface's had the same punch as Reek's.

POV characters that I couldn't care less about include Areo Hotah, Arys Oakheart, Aeron Greyjoy, Victarion Greyjoy, Jon Connington, and, most especially, Arianne Martell.

I remember going to GRRM's site and being so excited to see a sample chapter out there for WOW, only to find that it was an Arianne chapter. I thought my head was going to explode. Of all the POV's, we get Arianne??? Really??? Then I took a deep breath, calmed my blood pressure, and got on with my day.

Considering all the great main, secondary, and tertiary characters of the POV and non stripe that George has given us, it's really not such a big deal that I don't care about this handful, particularly since there haven't been a huge number of chapters devoted to any of them up to this point.

Still, I have to admit that I would be more than a little pleased if Arianne ends up being a prologue or epilogue character in WOW :devil: .

I'm guessing you just don't like her character? To me, her chapter's in the first 3 books are great, especially AGOT.

Same i dont why she has so many haters, i understand a little with ADWD but i still liked her in Dance as well, she makes my top 5 of fav characters.

Daenerys (all books)

I can understand being frustrated that she's not in Westeros yet or that she's taking too long in Mereen; I know that's how I feel about her. IMO, her POV's are insightful in their own way.

Her POV's to me, especially after she becomes mother, provide another perspective on how to rule. It's a great way to compare and contrast between her way and Jon's way of ruling. Some justify or condemn her actions which spark great debates in this forum.

Sansa, her chapters are a chore, the only reason I don't skip them is to if she sees or hears anything interesting or provide insight into characters she's around, but I don't know how much of that to even trust her memory of events is inaccurate.

I don't care about the iron born at all don't care if a huge wave hits and kills them all.

Daenerys. She's bored me to tears from the outset. She has some good chapters spread throughout the series, but that's mostly because of her interactions with the interesting and likeable characters around her.

Her existence is a constant source of annoyance; she breaks the flow of the books with just about every chapter she has. The sooner she gets to Westeros the better. I think even if you put my favourite characters in some far away land for 5 books that I'd feel exactly the same way about them.

Jon Snow, I cared a tiny bit for him at the start of AGOT but by ASOS my indifference for him became outright hatred. thank god for ADWD, it made Jon interesting.

Arys Oakheart! not a bad chapter but what was the point?

Aero Hotah, it doesn't feel like his pov is going anywhere. no real point in making him a pov.

Sansa (UNTIL AFFC, when I started to enjoy her chapters).

Aeron.

Dany (in ADWD, though I still like her character. Her lovesickness, Daario, and the fact that I was desperately wanting to know what happened in Westeros rather than Essos at that point, ruined it a bit for me).

Archived