Mark Gatiss Cast

courtjezteruk

The more I think about it, the more probable I think he could be the Damphair... not too much of a time-eating part so it could allow him to work on his other projects, but a recurring part nontheless, present for many seasons and an interesting part he can definitly pull of... and then, the hair, y'know...

Mace isn't impossible, if they frontloaded the KL filming this year. Mace is pretty much just at the wedding, the trial and the trial-by-combat. Maybe a couple of scenes inbetween with Olenna or Margaery or Tywin, or a small council scene of two.

11 days seems right tight to fit all of that in, so I'd say it's unlikely to be him.

Mace isn't impossible, if they frontloaded the KL filming this year. Mace is pretty much just at the wedding, the trial and the trial-by-combat. Maybe a couple of scenes inbetween with Olenna or Margaery or Tywin, or a small council scene of two.

11 days seems right tight to fit all of that in, so I'd say it's unlikely to be him.

Lena Headey said she filmed all of her stuff in like 2 weeks and she was seen quite a lot in season 3.

It's possible.

I love MG, and I agree with the poster who said he would make a great Jon Connington, unfortunately, since there are too many things yet to happen, to Tyrion and Dany and in Dorne, I think that will not be the case. He would be an excellent BR, imho, and it is possible that they will get Bran to BR earlier than in the book, since I don't see the point in having his sl dragging for nine episodes between the wall and the cave of tCotF forever, it would be unbearable...

I don't get how people think he's Mace. He is a stick in terms of physique, and I thought the general consensus about Mace was that he was a bit fat and meaty. He looks more like Randyll Tarly than Mace imo. Even crazier some people suggesting he's Doran Martell ._.

He could be some figure at the wall, Styr or perhaps Cotter Pyke or Bowen.

I don't get how people think he's Mace. He is a stick in terms of physique, and I thought the general consensus about Mace was that he was a bit fat and meaty. He looks more like Randyll Tarly than Mace imo. Even crazier some people suggesting he's Doran Martell ._.

He could be some figure at the wall, Styr or perhaps Cotter Pyke or Bowen.

People stopped suggesting Doran once we got more information, actually. Myself included.

Weight doesn't matter. As many have said, his weight is not an integral aspect of his character.

There are much better reasons to say he's not Mace than "oh he doesn't have the right body for it." Like the fact that he's already done shooting, and there's no way Mace would be done shooting so quickly, IMO.

Really hope its Aeron, simply because I'm super scared they might just get rid of him totally and I love the guy!

Don't worry my friend, there's no way they could oust Aeron from the show all together. I think he will be important for the storyline down the road and will certainly be necessary during the kings moot.

I don't see the directors removing any POV characters from the story, but if they did, it would probably be Arys Oakheart.

People stopped suggesting Doran once we got more information, actually. Myself included.

Weight doesn't matter. As many have said, his weight is not an integral aspect of his character.

There are much better reasons to say he's not Mace than "oh he doesn't have the right body for it." Like the fact that he's already done shooting, and there's no way Mace would be done shooting so quickly, IMO.

I don't see why people would think he is Doran in the first place. Doran is in his fifties probably sixties at this stage and this actor doesn't look really much older than the actor they're casting for Oberyn. Not to mention he's basically white and English. I guess weight isn't integral to his character I guess but I don't see why they couldn't hire a fat actor to fit the role better. Mace isn't that important in a Storm of Swords bar Tyrions Trial really. I do agree that it's too early for all Mace's scenes to be shot considering they're not even a month into filming. I don't think they would have shot the trial scene this early considering filming only started in NI on the 8th.

Here's something he had to say about acting in Game of Thrones:

"What's interesting is that it's such a huge, sprawling cast and people seem to be there for ages, but they actually shoot two or three days and that's it," he said. "Once it's put together it looks like everybody must be there for weeks and weeks and weeks."

source:http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/showbiz/comic-con-game-of-thrones/index.html

So I guess short filming time doesn't really mean he can't be Mace, unless they haven't filmed anyone else's King's Landing scenes

With the hair comment I think it's pretty much certain imo that he's either Aeron or Bloodraven. They're the only people who would fit that description with the possible addition of the High Sparrow who shouldn't be appearing right now. As the KM looks like it's been cut, Aeron should also be delayed until S5, if he makes the cut at all. So BR is the likeliest option imo.

The light/dark skin argument doesn't hold much water for the Dornish casting anymore, as the actor playing Red Viper doesn't look very dark at all in the pictures I've seen of him acting. He also doesn't appear to have much of a natural accent, though I admit I haven't seen him in much of anything. And Young Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy was one of the strangest things I've ever seen, re:altering the age appearance of an actor.

The only things I've seen him in is that vimeo video that has since been taken down, and this clip

Either he's really good at hiding his accent, or he doesn't have one. Sooooo, saying he might have been Doran wasn't such an outlandish thing when all we knew was that he'd been cast. That's what I'm getting at.

Archived