Mark Gatiss Cast

courtjezteruk

The light/dark skin argument doesn't hold much water for the Dornish casting anymore, as the actor playing Red Viper doesn't look very dark at all in the pictures I've seen of him acting. He also doesn't appear to have much of a natural accent, though I admit I haven't seen him in much of anything. And Young Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy was one of the strangest things I've ever seen, re:altering the age appearance of an actor.

The only things I've seen him in is that vimeo video that has since been taken down, and this clip

Either he's really good at hiding his accent, or he doesn't have one. Sooooo, saying he might have been Doran wasn't such an outlandish thing when all we knew was that he'd been cast. That's what I'm getting at.

I get that they probably aren't gonna cast the dornish as dark as what we had expected, but at least Pedro Pascal has some sort of colour about him, whereas this new guy is basically white. He should be at least somewhat similar in skin tone to Pedro if he was gonna be cast as Doran. I wasn't saying anyone was Doran. :P I don't see them introducing the AFFC Martell storyline this season.

I really doubt they'll remove all the stuff that a lot of people seem to think they'll remove. If they cut all the stuff I've seen people say they think will be cut, the season(s) for books four and five would be about half an hour total. :rolleyes:

This !!!!

I really think the Kingsmoot will be in at the beginning of season 5 !

Imo, on the Iron Islands, season 4 will see :

Introduction of Aeron (via Balon).

Balon's death.

Aeron spotting the Silence on the horizon.

A potential epic scene of Euron crowning himself.

Aeron calling the Kingsmoot.

So, if I'm right, strongly possible that Mark Gatiss is Aeron.

I really doubt they'll remove all the stuff that a lot of people seem to think they'll remove. If they cut all the stuff I've seen people say they think will be cut, the season(s) for books four and five would be about half an hour total. :rolleyes:

If you're talking about the KM it seems pretty certain to me seeing as they removed the central pillar of the plot (Yara) to the North.

They haven't removed her at all...? I don't understand your statement. She's currently going to get Theon, which could be them removing her or it could be a giant red herring to confuse book readers or any number of things. She's not removed, she was doing something different than she was at this point in the books. And may not even get that deep into that. For all we know, she'll be leaving and be hailed by her uncle's ship and while speaking to him, they are told Balon died. Really anything could happen. It's not like they've killed her or shown her way across the world at the end of last season.

To me, there has been very little indication that the fourth and fifth books will be chopped/trimmed as much as so many seem to think. I think this fandom overreacts to things and jumps to conclusions too much, in general... I don't doubt they'll cut stuff, but it probably won't be as much as I've seen speculated around the net.

Why bother sending Asha away from the Iron Islands if she has to go back straight away? That would just be incredibly bad storytelling. Then again, they did give us the Qarth mess which was even worse...

But if they're removing the Kingsmoot... what is the purpose of keeping Theon around? He's only needed in the books because Asha can use him to contest the Kingsmoot and rule through him.

So I'm watching this episode of the show Nikita, where Pedro Pascal has a small role that I mentioned above. He seems to be playing a character similar to Mike from Breaking Bad. In that he is the guy you call when you screw up and need to do some cleanup work. The episdoe is s3e8, if anyone wants to see him in something.

ETA: His character affects a spanish accent, but I can't tell if that's the actor affecting a spanish accent or an actor dropping out of his english accent in order to use his normal accent...

I don't think there's any chance they cut the KM. It's the defining moment of AFFC for me and the turning point for the Greyjoys. Having Asha 'save' Theon just seems like the show's way of implementing the Iron Islands into the story. Balon hasn't even died yet so there's plenty of time.

Why bother sending Asha away from the Iron Islands if she has to go back straight away? That would just be incredibly bad storytelling. Then again, they did give us the Qarth mess which was even worse...

But if they're removing the Kingsmoot... what is the purpose of keeping Theon around? He's only needed in the books because Asha can use him to contest the Kingsmoot and rule through him.

Not really. If the Kingsmoot is at the end of season 4 or at the beginning of season 5 that gives them a lot of episodes if they keep her involved to play out her trying to find Theon.

Say the Kingsmoot is in Episode 9 or 10. They could have her looking for Theon for 5-6 episodes, then she gets word that Aeron is calling a Kingsmoot and, having no idea where Theon is, decides to sail home to declare what she believes is rightfully hers.

It's also worth noting in the books she does leave Pyke to go look for Theon and returns shortly after. It just wasn't as big of a deal as they're making it out to be in the show (presumably to make the audience care about the Greyjoys/Yara).

I'm not sure where they are going to go with the Greyjoys but it does make a degree of sense to build up the entire family before having the kingsmoot. This is the season to really start laying the groundwork for any character/family we haven't heard much about since there should be more time available with the Robb storyline gone and the jon/sam storyline merged again.

I'd still go for Bloodraven,but possibly the Kindly Man.He tends to play urbane,intellectual characters-forget butch or macho.

Here's a link to League of Gentlemen clip,where he plays an accident prone vet.Warning,not for the faint hearted,no animals were harmed,and it's very funny,imo.

Why are people so hell-bent on the Kingsmoot being in Season 4 or being axed? Logically, it makes sense to have it in Season 5. Besides, we're already going to have plenty of "big" story arcs coming this season; and I'm very interested to see where Asha's story goes.

Come on, Magnar is a leader of a wildling tribe. In order to become one you have to be a real badass. And MG doesn't look strong enough to even lift a sword or spear, let alone climb the Wall. I always imagined Styr as a huge guy, like the Hound.

Archived