Mark Gatiss Cast

courtjezteruk

Personally, I still think it could be the High Sparrow with an expanded role. We could see him start in the North (the North remembers) as an itinerant preacher and make his way to KL by the end of S4. Cersei could have Tyrion's High Septon killed earlier, setting up his selection for the last episode. And hence the secrecy on his role.

However, Damphair's a great choice for Mark Gatiss, too. I really think Bloodraven is too far off for Season 4. But Jaime showed up before the PW in the series, so anything's possible.

Heck, have you seen his Joan Crawford? Maybe Lysa Arryn has been recast! ;-)

In regards to BR I think you're underestimating just how far along we are into the story. Bran's ASOS material is now finished which means we'll definitely be seeing Bran in the Haunted Forest in S4 and a good way to end that would be with Bran meeting BR and the COTF.

Personally, I still think it could be the High Sparrow with an expanded role. We could see him start in the North (the North remembers) as an itinerant preacher and make his way to KL by the end of S4. Cersei could have Tyrion's High Septon killed earlier, setting up his selection for the last episode. And hence the secrecy on his role.

However, Damphair's a great choice for Mark Gatiss, too. I really think Bloodraven is too far off for Season 4. But Jaime showed up before the PW in the series, so anything's possible.

Heck, have you seen his Joan Crawford? Maybe Lysa Arryn has been recast! ;-)

Yeah, I'm going with HS too, he can put on quite the cut glass accent pretty sinister in an inquisitor...

I do agree that Bran has to get to the Haunted Forest in S4 now. I know it's Hodor dragging him on a sled, but he can't go another whole season just going north. And the Bloodraven would also be a good reason to keep the casting secret.

I'm sticking with the High Sparrow as my first choice, though. Whatever they give Gatiss, he will be awesome.

If not Mace, than either Merrit Frey or Lothar Brune. He's too young to be Donnel Noye in my mind.

Gatiss looks kinda of like the guy who plays Loras and they did amazing casting with the Tyrell women looking related, perhaps it's a continuation of that.

I have to say the fact that they leaked who Pascale and Vermer were playing to Hibbert but told hibbert not to tell who Gatliss is playing makes me think it indeed really could be a secret character such as coldhands.

I was under the impression that they didn't tell him not to tell. They didn't tell him.

Is there a difference though. Either way they didn't supply the info when they did with other characters.

Yes there is a difference. The end result doesn't change if there is a difference between the two things. It also changes the understanding of just how secretive they are being. Willing to tell press insiders=/=not willing to tell anyone not involved in production. The amount of hush-hush influences speculation as well. Yes, either way we don't know. Falling, jumping, and being pushed off of a building could result in the same injury, but that doesn't make circumstances the same at all.

Yes there is a difference. The end result doesn't change if there is a difference between the two things. It also changes the understanding of just how secretive they are being. Willing to tell press insiders=/=not willing to tell anyone not involved in production. The amount of hush-hush influences speculation as well. Yes, either way we don't know. Falling, jumping, and being pushed off of a building could result in the same injury, but that doesn't make circumstances the same at all.

You are missing the point. The end result IS the same. Hibbard leaked that Gatliss was in GOT and then said, whether it was hush-hush or he just didn't know, that no info would be released on who he was playing. He would of asked producers to confirm. That they wouldn't confirm who he was playing, when they had confirmed two other people, strongly suggests secrecy.

I'm not missing the point at all. You are. I'm perfectly aware that either way, in the end they aren't telling. But not telling anyone and telling a select few are NOT the same thing and they can lead to slightly different paths of reasoning. Which means there is a difference between the two, and that is the statement I was responding to. You claiming that there isn't a difference. The original wording of the article is ambiguous as to if they told him who Gatiss was playing or not.

On Thrones he will play …

Well, that’s something we cannot reveal. The Thrones team is keeping Gatiss’ role quiet.

Which could mean they can't reveal because they were told not to, or they can't reveal because they don't know. Which one it is shapes speculation, because they are not the same thing. At the end of the day, no, we don't know. But the level of secrecy influences what we infer. Now, maybe he's said something since then to indicate that he was told who Gatiss was playing. If so, someone else feel free to clarify. This is a pretty stupid conversation that's trying my patience though so I don't plan on saying anything else about it. Because this is probably my last post on these forums due to the irritating level of negativity present in this fandom (this comment is unrelated to the current conversation).

And it's "would have." The mistake comes from the way "would've" is pronounced.

well he cant be mace if Roger Ashton-Griffiths is playing him, which GRRM just hinted at on his nonblog

i really doubt this is some big super secret...

so that leave Coldhands, Randyl Tarly, Hyle Hunt, Euron/Aerion Greyjoy (I dont see him as Vic), Merret Frey, any random frey actully, to many people to keep thinking

If you check mark gatiss's twitter, you would see that around 8-9 july , he posted that he was going to be going to belfast, which coincedintally happens to be the same time as filming starts for game of thrones. They shoot the north parts in belfast, primarily winterfell and the woods scenes...

so you can exclude euron from that.

Best guess is a northerner , probably wyman

or it can be some frey or something.

Still can be bloodraven.

Archived