Which House has the best words?

"Hear me roar" of House Lannister reminds me of the old feminist anthem by Helen Reddy. They are strong. They are invincible. They are woman!

"Ours is the fury" of House Baratheon reminds me of the old car by Plymouth. So it sounds like something you might say to a parking lot attendant, "Our car is that Plymouth Fury over there. No, not the Cadillac. The Fury right next to it. That's right, ours is the Fury."

"Our blades are sharp" of House Bolton brings to mind the old Ginsu knife commercials: "Order now, and get a free flailing knife, a $29 value!"

"Hear me roar" of House Lannister reminds me of the old feminist anthem by Helen Reddy. They are strong. They are invincible. They are woman!

:lol: I always imagine the same.

My favorites are tied between Baratheon and Greyjoy. Both are incredibly bad ass.

"Ours is the fury" of House Baratheon reminds me of the old car by Plymouth. So it sounds like something you might say to a parking lot attendant, "Our car is that Plymouth Fury over there. No, not the Cadillac. The Fury right next to it. That's right, ours is the Fury."

This always make me want to substitute some other car. "Ours is the Crown Vic" or some such.

I love "Winter Is Coming". It's just so ominous and isn't really a boast or anything, just a reminder. It perfectly represents the Starks, I think. I also like "Family, Duty, Honor" although that may be more because of my love for the Tullys than anything else.

My favorite words of anyone though is the Drowned God's creed of "What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger". It just sounds so badass!

I've always liked the saying "words are wind", although not the words of any House, it was in the OP so i figure it's fair game.

"Winter is Coming" is my favorite actual House saying, because it's not boastful like practically every other House of Westeros.

"Here we stand" is great. Says basically the same as "Unbowed, unbent, unbroken" in a much more succinct way. The same goes for "No foe may pass" or "We guard the way", "Here we stand" says the same and more.

It also trumps all the threats. "Ours the fury", "Winter is coming" or "Fire and blood" - so what? "Here we stand"!

I also like "When all is darkest", "Brave and beautiful" and "The choice is yours" as well as "Growing strong".

I like the least "Above the rest" (Deutschland, Deutschland über alles..) and "As high as honor" (high on honor, I say).

Archived