Did you forgive Jamie or still want him dead?

Barbossa

I don't know if I so much as forgave him, but I definitely seen him in a different light after reading his chapters. After he gets his hand chopped off, then he saves Brienne from being raped and also saves her from the bear, you have a different opinion on him. I did anyway. You don't see him as this arrogant, cocky, child harming, Kingslayer anymore.

Also hearing about his reasoning of killing the Mad King also gave me a different perspective of him, he was doing it save lives even though he had forsaken his vows. Protect and save a madman, or save thousands of lives. It would be an easy choice for most. He's definitely one of the more complex and interesting POV's. And once he starts seeing Cersei for what she really is, he started to gain my respect, it went up tenfold after... ''No.... put this in the fire.''

I love Jaime, but crippling a 9 year old boy is kind of unforgivable. I sympathize with him and I find his POV's to be a real treat, but it's a hard crime to forgive. I'm not a lawyer, but out of curiosity, what kind of punishment would Jaime get in a modern judicial system for this crime. Attempted murder to cover up an illicit affair that ends with the paralyzing of the victim?

Since he is an interesting character, and I personally find Bran to be as bland as a bowl of bran flakes, sure I forgive him. Of course, if these were real life events my feelings would be different, but I find it hard to hold grudges against fictional characters, especially when their morally questionable actions move the plot forward in interesting ways. Come to think of it, I've also forgiven Walder Frey, Roose Bolton and Tywin for the Red Wedding.

I'll forgive him as long as he remains funny...But seriously, i think that having to rethink his life after losing his hand has gone some of the way towards having killed half the guardsmen of Winterfell (yeah, i'm still pissed with him about Jory) as for throwing Bran out of the window, you could say in Jaime's defence that Bran didn't die, and he is living an...interesting...life because of it, he might never have realised that he could become a greenseer, he could have ended up at King's Landing with Sansa and Arya, he could have been killed by Ramsay anyway. Jaime's basically having to go through Bran had to go through, rethinking his life and his relationships because he's lost a hand (you might say that one hand doesn't equal two legs, but that hand was Jaime's livelihood and vocation, the impact is similar i think.) And he does feel badly about it these days (DWD/FFC). As for Ned's death, i blame his idiot offspring with minor help from Littlefinger (i have to blame Littlefinger for everything, or at least nearly everything, i can't actually accuse him of organising the Red Wedding but i don't think he would have wanted to have killed Catelyn.) and since Jaime had no input into Joff's upbringing i can't really blame him for that.

I haven't forgiven Jaime, but I don't want him dead at all. He has proved that he deserves another chance and he can only get that if he stays alive.

Besides, I only want very few characters dead. Mostly those I know I cannot and will not forgive. The world will just be better without them... And Jaime is definitely not one of them.

Since he is an interesting character, and I personally find Bran to be as bland as a bowl of bran flakes, sure I forgive him. Of course, if these were real life events my feelings would be different, but I find it hard to hold grudges against fictional characters, especially when their morally questionable actions move the plot forward in interesting ways. Come to think of it, I've also forgiven Walder Frey, Roose Bolton and Tywin for the Red Wedding.

SAY WHAT???

If he did not push Bran, Bran would've told his father and Ned would've told Robert. In other words, Jaime and Cersei and their childrens' heads would have been on spikes by next morning. I'm not defending the act, I'm just mentioning the fact that it was self defense and he acted rashly.

He faught Ned's men because his brother was kidnapped and falsely improsined by Catelyn. This one is completely justified.

So yes, after saving Brienne and doing whatever he could to find Sansa and Arya, I forgive him.

Edit: I forgot to say that he also saved the population of King's Landing.

Do i want him dead? He's not on my Arya-esque "to kill" list, but i don't foresee him lasting out the series or living to a ripe old age...To paraphrase Samuel L Jackson I don't mind Jaime Lannister dying, i just don't want him to go out like some punk. Jaime's gotta die with his sword in his hand, (i don't mind which hand) either taking out somebody more despicable (Cersei anybody?) or defending someone who deserves it (any of the surviving Starks, or any other kid). Pleeeeease

SAY WHAT???

Well, it moved the story forward in an interesting way and I've had nine years to get over it. The story is definitely better for having the Red Wedding happen, as it is better for having Bran become crippled, so I'm not going to hold them against the fictional characters that were the instruments to make fictional tragedies happen. Interesting villians are good for a story like this, as are interesting morally grey characters, and I personally don't root for (most of) them to die or be brought low, so much as I simply hope they continue to make the story interesting (I did have to make exceptions for a couple of extraordinarily vile characters, i.e. Gregor and Ramsay).

Well that, and I decided to join Team Stannis even before the Red Wedding. I honestly don't even really remember how I felt about the RW the first time I read it anymore. All these years later whatever it is that I felt then is long forgotten.

Archived