any lesbian characters?

space

The only reason Cersei might be a lesbian is because she's completely in love with herself. :lol:

(Seriously, her "curiosity" with Taena lasted all of 10 minutes, and as someone said, was more about power.)

Taena seems the most likely actual lesbian around, and her husband may be just around for show & spawn purposes.

I have a strong feeling that despite her marriage to Stannis, Selyse Baratheon is a lesbian - and Melisandre is the person she's really in love with (in a warped, religious sort of way). She doesn't seem to give a damn about Mel seducing Stannis, but when mel seems to take an interest in Jon Snow, it coincides with Selyse getting very hostile with him.

Maybe Sarella Sand is doing the "DRAB" thing for more than just disguise purposes.

OP...Seems your long disclaimer about non traditional female roles NOT implying lesbianism wasn't taken seriously. Sorry, I read it at least.

Uh, that was edited into the OP over an hour after this thread was posted. So yes, I and many others read the OP before it was edited and that wasn't there.

That wasn't aimed at YOU or anybody else in particular. Stop looking for things to defend yourself against. Relax and enjoy the forum!

It's just that you seemed to be insinuating that we (people who attacked the stereotypes) did not read the OP properly and basically our arguments and discussion were for no reason.

Taena is the only female character explicitly seen enjoying sex with a woman, as she very clearly wanted Cersei to service her as reciprocation (not realizing who she was dealing with). You could argue she was just play-acting so as to get further into Cersei's good graces, but I'd say the request for Cersei's attention would imply she genuinely enjoys the feminine touch.

Her marriage to Orton Merryweather would theoretically classify her as bisexual, especially since they had to be sexually active enough to have a son. That being said, there's nothing in their interactions that implies passion (especially since we're told Orton has an ugly, lumpy nose), so Taena could have very well married him for the social gain and simply puts up with occasional sex as a means to an end.

I have a strong feeling that despite her marriage to Stannis, Selyse Baratheon is a lesbian - and Melisandre is the person she's really in love with (in a warped, religious sort of way). She doesn't seem to give a damn about Mel seducing Stannis, but when mel seems to take an interest in Jon Snow, it coincides with Selyse getting very hostile with him.

This is very interesting, but do you have any evidence? I don't remember the order of interactions between Jon and Selyse well enough to verify your point, but why would Selyse care about Mel showing interest in Jon but not in Stanns? Either way the woman she likes is into someone else, which should aggravate her equally (especially since Stannis actually reciprocates, while Jon does not).

Taena is the only female character explicitly seen enjoying sex with a woman, as she very clearly wanted Cersei to service her as reciprocation (not realizing who she was dealing with).

True, Taena was basically seducing her since they first met, I wouldn't say she had feelings for her but she clearly enjoyed having sex with Cersei.

That being said, there's nothing in their interactions that implies passion (especially since we're told Orton has an ugly, lumpy nose),

This is interesting and I'm curious to see links to studies that suggest ugly, lumpy noses indicates impotency. It probably must be mighty embarrassing to have an ugly, lumpy nose because it's like having a big neon advert on your face.

This is interesting and I'm curious to see links to studies that suggest ugly, lumpy noses indicates impotency. It probably must be mighty embarrassing to have an ugly, lumpy nose because it's like having a big neon advert on your face.

Geez Dr. P, you know to do your research. This is in the same study that shows people with bushy eyebrows are stupid.

I had only meant to say Orton isn't attractive, thus reducing the chances of Taena genuinely having the hots for him.

Geez Dr. P, you know to do your research. This is in the same study that shows people with bushy eyebrows are stupid.

Sigh. Sometimes I just don't want to click the google link. It's such hard work. Plus, I already spent so many hours tonight researching whether or not all lesbians wear lipstick since I know a lesbian who wears lipstick. I couldn't find any answers.

I had only meant to say Orton isn't attractive, thus reducing the chances of Taena genuinely having the hots for him.

I'm also not sure that we can conclude that unfortunate looking people are unlikely to generate passion in others.

Oberyn describes Ellaria as bisexual, but it may be that she just participated in his sexual adventures because he insisted.

The most likely lesbian/bisexual character is Lady Merryweather, although if she is a spy, she may have other reasons for trying to seduce Cersei. Although Cersei gets no pleasure from having sex with her, she does seem to be rather attracted to her.

Fair enough, but if I had to lay money on it, I'd say Taena doesn't find her husband very attractive. That, however, is not the crux of my argument that she is a lesbian.

Fair enough. I just think that the argument you were using is problematic, even if it was unintentional.

There are suggestions in the text that it's Orton who may not be attracted to Taena rather than the other way around. Taena talked about the scarred man she had sex with, so we can't determine if she finds no attraction towards those with unusual or unfortunate features.

Irri may be bi. Hopefully. I think Dany is bi. I hope Meera Reed doesn't turn out to crave the lady box or Bran will be so let down.

You need to read the first part of this thread. Dany and Irri have been explained already.

Archived