Filming in Iceland

Westeros

A picis floating around on Tumblr of Jack Gleeson and Lena Headey onset in Croatia (with Rory McCann). Lena's wearing her Cersei wig, and Jack's in costume: Jack's wearing some fancypants purple/red outfit, I'm just saying...

Not sure what Rory McCann's doing there, but he was in Croatia when the KL stuff was filming for Season 3, as well.

A picis floating around on Tumblr of Jack Gleeson and Lena Headey onset in Croatia (with Rory McCann). Lena's wearing her Cersei wig, and Jack's in costume: Jack's wearing some fancypants purple/red outfit, I'm just saying...

Don't think you need to convince anyone that the PW is happening this season!

Don't mean to criticize Iceland, I loved the beauty and alien feel of it, but it also kind of hindered Jon Snow's storyline. A national park full of large mountains and deep valleys would have been far more appropriate for the Land Beyond the Wall. North American or Canadian national parks match up much better than Iceland does. A big part of Jon Snow's Clash of Kings storyline was the feel of the chase and the feel of the mountainous terrain. Climbing, aiming from a high position, running as birds are flying overhead. That tension was completely absent (that story arc in general was absent) and it has kind of irrevocably damaged Jon Snow's storyline in the television show.

Archived