Filming in Iceland

Westeros

Apparently one of the locations they're using has a lot of geothermal activity. Maybe we'll be seeing the Valley of Thenn early into the season as an introduction to the Magnar?

Wait and see if they have to show Hardhome one day, then there's the perfect location for it. ("What's Hardhome" you ask? Oh .... nothing. Book spoilers, that's all.)

If Sophie and Aidan are doing exterior filming then it seems like they probably are keeping the portion of that story set at the Fingers. I was half-expecting them to just set the whole thing at the Eyrie, which would have annoyed me, because seeing the Fingers tells you a lot about Baelish, and he has a ton of great lines in that chapter.

Yeah I was really expecting them to skip the fingers too. Makes you wonder how much Lysa we are actually going to see

Sansa has two post-escape chapters. While some of this hinges on how they choose to pace the season, I tend to think that the first one will probably be three episodes: (1) shipboard conversation about her new identity and the details of Littlefinger's plan, etc., (2) arriving at the Fingers, and (3) Lysa arrives and the wedding.

Sansa's last chapter will all be covered in one episode, I expect. I think they would include an "arrival at the Eyrie/meeting Robin" scene or two before that, stuff we didn't actually see in the book.

I guess they'll cut most of Brienne's storyline so that she meets the BWB right away. I bet on the Lady Stoneheart reveal in the finale.

Me too, except instead of Brienne seeing her, I think Black Walder could take the role of Merrett for the "epilogue" of Season 4.

There's rumours about Joseph Mawle in Reykjavik in the facebook of https://www.facebook.com/PetyrBaelishLittlefinger. Now, he seems to do know a bit what he's talking about since he's been giving casting clues without spoiling anything..but it could be just Joseph visiting the set or so, because there won't be flashbacks.

Yeah, I think the show would use Lothar as their "Merrett" for the end of Season 4, as he's been established as well.

I don't really think it's important that the hanging victim be "established". The Freys all look pretty much identical on the show, Black Walder and Lothar had like three-four lines each, and neither of their names were ever spoken aloud. Just cast a guy with a weaselly look, give him one of those stupid hats, and the audience will know about as much about Merrett Frey as they know about either of the junior Freys we've already seen.

There's rumours about Joseph Mawle in Reykjavik in the facebook of https://www.facebook...shLittlefinger. Now, he seems to do know a bit what he's talking about since he's been giving casting clues without spoiling anything..but it could be just Joseph visiting the set or so, because there won't be flashbacks.

WiC tweeted there was nothing to bass those rumours. Maybe Joseph was just visiting the set? That guy seems to have good info about the show (though not sure who are his sources), but I'll reserve my doubts about that post

WiC tweeted there was nothing to bass those rumours. Maybe Joseph was just visiting the set? That guy seems to have good info about the show (though not sure who are his sources), but I'll reserve my doubts about that post

Yeah, that was my thought too (visiting the set) yet there's a small super tiny chance for Josepth to return as Benjen (or like that theory says, CH) since it is weird to be visting the set in Iceland. If it was in Ireland I would think he was visiting for real.

I guess we'll see.

I'm hoping we see a bit more of Walder Frey, just to piss people off that he's alive and well. Him and Roose could have regular chats about how great they are.

David Bradley has said he is back filming for season 4.

The whole cast seems to be in Iceland. I don't think they're changing the storylines too much, it could just be that they decided to film it in Iceland, given that it's autumn in Westeros right now. I wonder how they'll film the KL scenes though. Are there any buildings similar to the ones in Croatia that they could use?

David Bradley has said he is back filming for season 4.

Do you have a source for this? He's so easily detestable in the role. That scene with Walder and Roose was pure gold, and I want MOAR.

As for the surrogate for Merrett Frey, Lothar would probably be my guess. He's already recognizable given that he killed Talisa, and thus gives LS even more reason to hang him.

I'm sure there are areas in Iceland that could serve as fields and meadows outside of KL. Maybe the far side of the Blackwater and the Kingswood. We know Sansa goes hawking and riding with Margaery in the novels, so an excursion on the show isn't out of the question as a change of venue.

hi i am a new game of thrones fan but i only read the book, and i was wondering if anyone can tell me how the show compares to the book?

Given this board was set up by lovers of the books, I imagine most people will say that the books are much better. :) Different to a degree but faithful compared to most adaptations.

Sophie Turner just tweeted a (presumably recent) picture of her and Sibel Kekilli in a club or restaurant. So I guess Sibel Kekilli's in Iceland, too?

Probably. We know Tyrion was there earlier, so they must be doing some King's Landing filming in Iceland.

I honestly don't get why. You would think it would be easier to do that in Croatia.

I'm sure there are areas in Iceland that could serve as fields and meadows outside of KL. Maybe the far side of the Blackwater and the Kingswood. We know Sansa goes hawking and riding with Margaery in the novels, so an excursion on the show isn't out of the question as a change of venue.

Is the summer weather better in Iceland than Northern Ireland?

No matter plenty of spectacular Green Scenery in Iceland.

Maybe Dave and Dan are back to avoiding using horse!

I don't see how one does hawking from foot, not that it wasn't done or could be done, but sure spoils a poetic image!

Archived