Epilogue of ADoS [Potential Spoilers]

skymans

So what do people think that the Epilogue of ADoS will be like? Personally I think it'll take place a few years in the future and be one of that characters reflecting upon what happened.

What do you guys think?

[MOD]

Folks please remember that fan fiction is not permitted on this forum under any circumstances, so please do not post any in this thread.

Thanks.

[/MOD]

And then the new king came down the hall, clad in great finery. He sat down on the newly carved throne that had replaced the Iron Throne, destroyed by the now dead dragons, then looked over at his subjects. In one hand was his wife's babe, and in the other was a goblet of wine. Tyrion squealed and tried to grab his father's beard, and the people cheered, the sellsword king's reign has started. Bronn smiled to himself, he had reached higher than any sellsword before him

Not my idea i dont take credit for this i can't remember who's said this so I'm gonna paraphrase.

And then Stannis took a seat on the Iron Throne which was rightfully his. Everyone had to die for him to get it but it didn't matter he didn't like other people anyway.

I posted part of this idea on another thread-

I think it will be Gendry's POV. It will take place like a decade later. Gendry will have been made Stannis' Heir, after he helps him win the war with the BWB and by getting Loras Tyrell on his side. (And Shireen died) It will begin with him learning Stannis has died in apparent accident (Perhaps seemingly killed by the Throne?) Gendry will be Alone with Stannis' body in the Throne Room. He'll reflect on the entire war. For a second, he will think he sees a mysterious young women from the corner of his eye, but when he turns she's gone.

Finally, he will decide to do something that Varys indirectly influenced him in: He will end the Feudal system in Westeros that consistently leads to wars that are bloody for the common people. He realizes this will likely lead to a War between the Lords and the Smallfolk, but he thinks it will ultimately be for the better. The last will describe the Iron Throne being burned to ashes by fire.

Would Gerald still be waiting with the horses?

Bill rose. Ser Taymar Boyce stood over him.

His fine clothes were a tatter, his face a ruin. A shard from his sword transfixed the blind white pupil of his left eye.

The right eye was open. The pupil burned blue. It saw.

The broken sword fell from nerveless fingers. Bill closed his eyes to pray to Stannis the All-Father. Word had to be spread to King Eddard Stark in Winterfell, and even to King Stannis Baratheon, the 43rd of his name, in King's Landing. The Others were back, after 8000 years, someone had to warn both kingdoms. Long, elegant hands brushed his chee, then tightened around his throat. They were gloved in the finest moleskin and sticky with blood, yet the touch was icy cold. The warning would have to come from another.

The scent of the Riverlands swelled in his nostrils as he galloped down the line of soldiers before him, emotions unfelt for years glaring on his face. "The North Remembers!" He shouts as signals his men to charge to towards the lingering shadow of The Twins. With his shaggy companion at his side he strode by his master, his shaggy black fur flowing in the breeze. Shaggydog let out a lingering howl as he began the charge.

How about a historical wrap up by a maester a generation or two in the future?

That would be amazing, but not really fitting with the tone and structure of the books. Maybe as part of the inevitable The World of Ice and Fire (version without inkblots covering spoilers)

This is the ending:

Epilogue

"And thats what happened kids"

"Really mom ?"

"Yea that was the song of ice and fire"

"That was the best story ever, better than the Bear and the Maiden fair"

"Of course the song of ice and fire is the greatest story of all time in westeros, next time I'll tell you the story of how a mans head got chopped off by a boy king"

"Thats scary"

"Shhh look Aegon...at the star"

And Aegon saw a red comet and collide with a blue comet and really did understand what Ice and fire meant.

Would Gerald still be waiting with the horses?

Bill rose. Ser Taymar Boyce stood over him.

His fine clothes were a tatter, his face a ruin. A shard from his sword transfixed the blind white pupil of his left eye.

The right eye was open. The pupil burned blue. It saw.

The broken sword fell from nerveless fingers. Bill closed his eyes to pray to Stannis the All-Father. Word had to be spread to King Eddard Stark in Winterfell, and even to King Stannis Baratheon, the 43rd of his name, in King's Landing. The Others were back, after 8000 years, someone had to warn both kingdoms. Long, elegant hands brushed his chee, then tightened around his throat. They were gloved in the finest moleskin and sticky with blood, yet the touch was icy cold. The warning would have to come from another.

Like this but with a new night's watchman on his first ranging/marshmallow roast, shouting "they're real" into a cellphone that isn't getting signal.

Archived