Suicide in ASoIaF..

Overlord of Skagos

Many a time,people get back into a cycle of depression and suicidal thoughts in a more dangerous way, just as they feel they are out of it.All it takes is a single event to trigger such feelings back again..and finding 'where whores go' might end up very badly for Tyrion.

Maybe and maybe not, we will see what Martin's intentions here are. But I believe a simple suicide would be a too anticlimactic ending for this hugely important character. And finding out about Tysha's fate may also lead to a sort of closure as in character growth. We do not know if Tysha will ever show up in person and then we do not know if the author would decide to give her a miserable fate or if by now she lives in peace at a remote place where she wants to be left alone.

As I said, this is pure speculation, we cannot know. But a simple suicide would render the story arc of one of the main three characters, Dany, Jon and Tyrion, somewhat "incomplete" and anticlimactic.

Suicide is killing oneself willingly. It's not risking one's life, even beyond any hope.

Nobody does it in Westeros. It's only considered for crippled or badly wonded people, and even then, they ask for "the gift of mercy". In fact, FM started like that.

I consider this as an argument to think that Ashara's suicide was a fake.

But a simple suicide would render the story arc of one of the main three characters, Dany, Jon and Tyrion, somewhat "incomplete" and anticlimactic.

We have Danerys repeatedly saying that if she looks back, she is lost. After the disasters at Slaver's Bay and based on how her conquest of Westeros goes..

even if she emerges as a victor,she looking back on the blood she has on her hands and commiting suicide dosent seem all that incomplete or anticlimatic.

Archived