Tywin the Magnificent

Nephenee

Robert Baratheon never accomplished a tenth of what Tywin Lannister did.

(Should I stop going on about my dislike for Robert for today? :P It's the affect of reread.)

Anyways, yes, all the 'greatness coin' Targaryens accomplished a lot. But I do admire Tywin's accomplishments too. The man is just impressive. Cruel and evil, but impressive, so impressive I fail to even dislike him. Especially with Charles Dance. Lord Tywin is great.

Magnificent my friend is a heavy word, one that indeed should be reserved for the exalted company like Aegon the Conqueror, Daeron I, Daemon Blackfyre etc. Not Bob though.

Why would Daeron I or Daemon Blackfyre deserve the title Magnificent and Bob wouldn't?

One of the best about sneaky and cunning. Average battle commander. Good politician. With power of casterly rock, he did good.

But...

He was too lucky.

- Robert killed by pig when Ned is going to tell him incest

- Ned's foolish mercy make his daughter and grandson safe

- Balon the stupid choose to attack North

- Crazy Lysa choose to not help his sister and nephew

- Arya could say his name to Faceless Man at Harrenhal

- Edmure's stupidity turn out an Tyrell-Lannister alliance

- Tyrion's unexpected works at Blackwater

- Robb's stupidity about marriage

Not to mention that he was killed by his own son because of his sharp lesson.

none of the characters would be anything if they were lowborn...

Not true, take Davos for an example, or even Bronn. Plenty of people in Westeros who are lowborn become knights and some become lords. I can't see Tywin doing any of this. Also, he died shitting. And killed by his own son.

Robert finding out about incest has nothing to do with Tywin's accomplishments and his strategical acumen.

It was thanks to Littlefinger that he got captured, and not Ned's mercy. This has nothing to do with Tywin's accomplishments.

It would be end of him. Robert + Ned would destroy Tywin, he would lost even his casterly rock.

Then no one talk about his greatness, this way we can say he was lucky.

I know he has no fault about that twincest but, he was very lucky about that too.

It would be end of him. Robert + Ned would destroy Tywin, he would lost even his casterly rock.

Then no one talk about his greatness, this way we can say he was lucky.

I know he has no fault about that twincest but, he was very lucky about that too.

Impossible. Tywin's far too rich and the crown is in debt to him. He has a ridiculous amount of power.

Also, other Kingdoms are probably in debt to Tywin as well. I doubt Tywin would be alone in facing the rest of the Kingdoms (Dorne wouldn't join in). The Tyrells may support him.

Tywin could take advantage of the debt the crown has to the Iron Bank and hire a bunch of sellswords.

I want to make a thread on this later.

What did Tywin accomplish? Put down some rebellions, became Hand, joined a war at the end and had children murdered, saw his daughter become queen, was a terrible father, started a war, underestimated Robb, got beaten back by Edmure, got killed by his son whilst on the toilet. He's far from magnificent.

Not true, take Davos for an example, or even Bronn. Plenty of people in Westeros who are lowborn become knights and some become lords. I can't see Tywin doing any of this. Also, he died shitting. And killed by his own son.

Davos is one in a million, and Tywin was most definitely capable of moving up.

Impossible. Tywin's far too rich and the crown is in debt to him. He has a ridiculous amount of power.

Also, other Kingdoms are probably in debt to Tywin as well. I doubt Tywin would be alone in facing the rest of the Kingdoms (Dorne wouldn't join in). The Tyrells may support him.

Tywin could take advantage of the debt the crown has to the Iron Bank and hire a bunch of sellswords.

I want to make a thread on this later.

How do you pay your debts?

You get rid of the collector.

Archived