Football XLVIII - The Return to Normalcy.

Alex.

Well yeah the tongue in cheek part was quite obvious but you know what they say about sarcasm on the internet

Anyone attempting to read these football threads who cannot recognize sarcasm would be in for a deeply confusing read. At this stage we can no longer be expected to accommodate the adorable (but debilitating) earnestness and gullibility of most adult Americans. Maybe Google translator can help them.

He's just a fat Scott Sinclair.

A chocolate eclair?

ETA: I feel like that's racist and I don't know why. All I'm trying to get across is that Sinclair is quite a lot like a disappointing pastry. Full of promise and yet a let down.

Mourinho is looking for a revolutionary line-up it seems, opting for 1-1-8-1.

As is being mentioned everywhere, there is no club in the EPL that needs Willian less than Chelsea. And yet they gobble him up anyway, quite hideous. I could actually see Willian being reduced to a role player here, while he would be one of the main attractions pretty much everywhere else. Meanwhile, Chelsea's striker situation still looks odd. It could be funny if Lukaku follows in Torres' and Ba's footsteps and suddenly finds himself unable to show of the skills that made him so desirable elsewhere. OTOH with so many great attacking midfielders you might not need a successful striker.

What does Spurs do now? They wanted Willian and Lamela, will they still get the Argentinian I wonder? Roma must be keen to hang onto him.

Well, at least Chelsea is very active on the market. It's staggering to compare City and Chelsea to the lacklustre indecisiveness at United and Arsenal, and Liverpool as well really.

Anyone think Madrid will actually give up Benzema to Arsenal, which is rumoured? I could see Do Maria, but Benzema? Maybe with Bale taking Ronaldo's position and Ronaldo moving into a full on no.9 spot, but I wonder if Cronaldo would be ok with that.

In fairness to Liverpool their indecisiveness has been down to players either choosing clubs with European football or staying at their club which has European football. They were hardly indecisive when it came to Aspas Alberto Mignolet and Toure. It is time that Rodgers and the Americans especially acted decisively to get a big name player in and it's also time for Ian Ayre to do something worthwhile or feck off

I don't know why people seem so suddenly insistent that Ronaldo will be reluctant to move position. He'll never be a defender or midfielder quite obviously, but in forward terms he's pretty much done what he's asked throughout his career - he played number 9 for us on more than one occasion.

Whether he'd be any good at it is a different question - it tended to limit him for us, but it was only a few games so given time he could quite possibly be an outrageously good striker.

Alternatively Bale cold play up front. But the rumour is that if they sell Benzema they'll get someone else in, Suarez if they can.

He's amazing. It maks the Willian signing (if it goes through) very worthwhile! Anyway, Mazardscar looked out on their feet a lot last season. Having some genuine quality subs will be a big help. Still a bit worried about the defense. Want Ivanovic/Luiz to start as first choice centre backs, ideally. Luiz certainly improved last season, let's hope he keeps it up. Ramires/Lampard is adequate in midfield, I'd say (At the very least not bettered by United or Arsenal? Although City certainly outclass it) and hopefully Van Ginkel can step up or Essien can someone someway rediscover the form that made him one of the very best in the Premier League. Stupid injuries :(

Archived