Football XLVIII - The Return to Normalcy.

Alex.

Now that is a good point which I hadn't considered at all. In that case, I suspect Americans would be more comfortable at the Emirates than, say, at Millwall, deep into bandit country in Bermondsey.

The only member of the 1906 Ultras I know works for NASA, but I have gotten the impression that a lot of them are working class. Haven't been super impressed by what I've heard about them, though.

Ramsey in particular is having a very good game. I've also got no idea what Fox Sports is doing with it's commentary, it sounds like they are commentating from the studio.

I was reading that Ramsey had an awesome game. I'm happy for him and that the guys bounced back after that ugly game last week.

Chelsea scraped past Aston Villa with a fair bit of luck - Ivanovic could have been sent off and Villa could have had a pen, for separate incidents. Neither was stonewall imo (though Ivanovic was very lucky not to get a second yellow) but neither could Chelsea have had many complaints if either one was given.

Villa look a totally different side to last year, in particular for their mental strength. Last year, whenever opposition scored they were crumbling, this year both times it was the cue to take the game on. They should do well.

Chelsea scraped past Aston Villa with a fair bit of luck - Ivanovic could have been sent off and Villa could have had a pen, for separate incidents. Neither was stonewall imo (though Ivanovic was very lucky not to get a second yellow) but neither could Chelsea have had many complaints if either one was given.
Ivanovic was unlucky to get the first yellow. And the second? More of Benteke's theatrics. But if the defender's leg is that high you have to take advantage of it I suppose.

Willian set to sign for Spurs which is unfortunate but in other news Football Manager legend and star of the England u21s Will Hughes is looking more likely to join Liverpool. If this happens i couldn't care less about who we miss out on the kid is a genius

Will Hughes is looking more likely to join Liverpool. If this happens i couldn't care less about who we miss out on the kid is a genius

Also he looks like a cross between Prince Harry and Electro.

If that goes through, selling Shelvey makes more sense, but presumably he won't be first-team ready straight away.

Spurs are also heavily rumoured to have all but wrapped up Lamela, which with everything else would for me put them at a stronger position than the end of last year even without Bale.

Yeah, assuming no Bale. Lamela-Soldado-Willian is a good front three.

Lennon from the bench isn't bad. Then Dembele-Sandro-Paulinho is a fucking sexy midfield if they go with that.

Scraped by Villa. A win is a win, though. Important no points were dropped. Villa to have a good season, don't actually think top half is beyond them but they'll not be in trouble IMO.

Yeah, assuming no Bale. Lamela-Soldado-Willian is a good front three.

Lennon from the bench isn't bad. Then Dembele-Sandro-Paulinho is a fucking sexy midfield if they go with that.

It'll probably depend on the game but I reckon it'll be Paulinho-Dembele-Chadli for a lot of them, or perhaps Chadli on the left with Willian in the middle (either way I see interchanging between the two).

The important thing is that although Willian doesn't score huge amounts, both Lamela and Chadli can (there's a few questions over Chadli as he's taking probably the biggest step up, but he looks pretty useful). Which covers the Bale goals they're losing.

And Coentrao looks to be coming the other way, as well, which apart from possibly another CB (though Capoue looks to be intended for that) pretty much deals with the last position there was any question mark about (though it's harsh on Rose in particular). Great window for them.

As far as I can see, the Hughes rumours come from Metro, so they're basically nonsense.

It wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool were done for the window.

Metro reported that a bid is about to be made and Sky Sports News have mentioned interest with Clough saying he has received no offers. What i have heard is that Liverpool will make a bid on Friday not 100% sure what will happen. Hope he comes though he is the English Xavi/Iniesta

Honestly, Metro is less reliable than Twitter, and Sky are prone to forwarding loose rumours too.

It would be nice if it happened, but I'd be surprised if it did.

I never trust anything other than Sky to be honest and even then i am careful

And yes it would be some coo if Liverpool are able to get him in

Archived