Breaking Bad - Final Season. Spoilers...Tread lightly.

Mya Stone

I thought it was? I ran the S5A threads back then and most of us were convinced the cancer was back. The painting and the towel dispenser were the biggest clues.

I think that scene's there as a contrast to the one in s2. In one he was pissed off that he had to live longer with what he'd done, and in the second he seemed at ease, content with his fate. I'm sure he would've had a similar reaction in s2 if the news wasn't so good.

I really hated the way this latest episode ended. Jesse raging like the Hulk while waving around that gas container just makes me want to laugh. It's so ridiculously over the top, and like Rock said, it seems like a pretty artificial cliffhanger.

I really hated the way this latest episode ended. Jesse raging like the Hulk while waving around that gas container just makes me want to laugh. It's so ridiculously over the top, and like Rock said, it seems like a pretty artificial cliffhanger.

I'd say if we didn't see the house unburnt, it'd be fine. The problem is, as we have all said, we know Jesse doesn't light the match--on a side note, anyone else find it awesome Jesse uses matches instead of lighters?

I agree that it was over the top, but it isn't exactly an artificial cliffhanger. Yeah we know he doesn't light the house on fire, but we have no idea who or what stops him. That's the intriguing part for me.

This made me laugh.

Those comics look like they're done on MS paint, and the y get ragged on a lot, but I think some are hilarious. Like this one: http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1348250316598964.png

As for next week's episode, who could be the 'rabid dog'? If I remember correctly, Mike asked Walt 'what do you do to a rabid dog?' and 'put it down' was of course left unsaid. It seems as though Jesse is the 'rabid dog', but it's too early for him to bow out. It could also be Todd, who is a complete psychopath with a big mouth. I think he'll have his face blown off this episode, possibly in a lab explosion.

Those comics look like they're done on MS paint, and the y get ragged on a lot, but I think some are hilarious. Like this one: http://d2tq98mqfjyz2...50316598964.png

As for next week's episode, who could be the 'rabid dog'? If I remember correctly, Mike asked Walt 'what do you do to a rabid dog?' and 'put it down' was of course left unsaid. It seems as though Jesse is the 'rabid dog', but it's too early for him to bow out. It could also be Todd, who is a complete psychopath with a big mouth. I think he'll have his face blown off this episode, possibly in a lab explosion.

If i have my thinking cap on straight, and I don't, after a week of rushing around campus trying to find all my classes in an unfamiliar setting, doesn't it refer to Jesse's confession of his killing of the "Problem Dog," otherwise known as, Gale Boetticher, in his old NA meeting?

Now that Jesse is "Rabid," will Walter put him down right away, or will Hank or even someone else get to him first? I'm tempted to think the latter, especially after seeing the next week on where Jesse says "Mr. White, he's the devil." Who could he be speaking to, if not Hank? I hope it's someone else, because I personally don't want to see them team up, but it's rather likely at this point. I realize am going to be completely wrong about this prediction.

ETA: The rabid dog being Todd makes sense as well, being that he took over the entire goddamn New Mexican meth and Czech Republic markets, oh and Phoenix as well I guess, all under Walt's nose. He's a soft-spoken psychopath about to have his loyalties tested when old Uncle Jack and co. want the Heisenberg crystal, not Todd's product. Just my thoughts. But they always make their titles so ambiguous that you could apply them to anyone. Example, "Confessions," started with Jesse being interrogated and nearly cracking to Hank under pressure. Somehow through some sort of voodoo Hank confirms Jesse's "oh shit," face movement to mean that Walt is Heisenberg for certain, not that he already wasn't 99% sure. Walt's confession DVD. Saul confesses to Jesse that he had Huell lift the ricin cigarette from his pack to "protect" him. Todd confessed to having committed the train robbery as well, but not to shooting the boy obviously. This is a plot point which could have huge ramifications down the line. I think that's it.

If that's even what stops him. We have no idea what causes him to stop. Like the other person said, I think that's what makes it a good cliff-hanger. It's not just that he's doing it, but what the HELL stops someone that intent from doing what they want?

If that's even what stops him. We have no idea what causes him to stop. Like the other person said, I think that's what makes it a good cliff-hanger. It's not just that he's doing it, but what the HELL stops someone that intent from doing what they want?

It's very well established that Jesse is really big on the whole "don't hurt kids" thing, everytime they've been hurt it's fucked him up big time. I think it would be massively out of character, even in his current rage, for him to risk hurting children. Though I guess it's pretty debateable whether junior still counts as that.

Yeah I guess it's one or both of the kids that stops him, or will Jr walk in and Jesse goes all eye for an eye? :D

I've thought for a long time that Hank will bite the bullet, but seeing the noose tighten around him is still quite painful...

Maybe Hank rushes in and joins Jesse, dumping his neglected Schraderbraü, angry that no one ever gave it a chance. You tell em, Hank!

:rofl:

Those comics look like they're done on MS paint, and the y get ragged on a lot, but I think some are hilarious. Like this one: http://d2tq98mqfjyz2...50316598964.png

This reminds me of the espisode when Jesse discusses with his therapy group that he had to "put down a dog." That "dog" was Gale. A very innocuous dog, but in a powerful position, as a tool of Fring's, to destroy Walt and Jesse. Maybe Jesse is the "dog" this time.

Todd seems like the opposite of a rabid dog to me, like someone said earlier, the Weebay of the Aryan Brotherhood.

Anyway, I was thinking about what stays Jesse's hand, and I'm leaning towards Jesse exposing Walt to Jr. Seems only fitting after the extremes they went to this episode against Hank, using Jr as a justification for why Hank should stay his hand. It would be a nice next step in the unravelling of Walt's life, a last breeze before the storm.

:rofl:

This reminds me of the espisode when Jesse discusses with his therapy group that he had to "put down a dog." That "dog" was Gale. A very innocuous dog, but in a powerful position, as a tool of Fring's, to destroy Walt and Jesse. Maybe Jesse is the "dog" this time.

Oh yeah I forgot about that, the title of that episode was 'problem dog' too. But what if the whole 'dog' analogy is only from Jesse's point of view? Gale was the problem dog that needed to be taken care of, and Walt may be the damaging rabid dog that Jesse is having trouble dealing with.

Anyway, I was thinking about what stays Jesse's hand, and I'm leaning towards Jesse exposing Walt to Jr. Seems only fitting after the extremes they went to this episode against Hank, using Jr as a justification for why Hank should stay his hand. It would be a nice next step in the unravelling of Walt's life, a last breeze before the storm.

After having a few days to think about it, this is definitely what I'm putting my money on. Not only have Jesse and Walt Jr. never shared a scene together (and so it's fitting they'd finally get one now), but it really is the perfect opportunity for Jr. to learn the truth -- which, obviously, seems inevitable at this point. And as you say, it's also a great way to continue Walt's "downfall"...Jr.'s basically the only person remaining who isn't in the loop, and he's always held good old dad in such high regard. It would be both tragic and kind of cathartic to see all that come crashing down (at least on Walt's side, anyway).

Junior's an adult now, though, isn't he? Would he still qualify for Jesse's sympathy as a child? Junior could surprise Jesse, Jesse could blast him in a split second before having a chance to think and Walt could come home to dying Junior, Jesse regretting what he's done, etc.

I think that's what I really love about Breaking Bad--there are so many ways that things could play out that would seem "appropriate." It was Walt and Junior watching Scarface together; losing Walt Jr. could really damage Walter. In some ways Jr. is like the inner goodness that Walt used to carry with him; in the birthday episode it's Jr. that forces Skyler to fix the bacon into the 51. Walt makes his own 52 in the flash-forward, this could foreshadow that Junior bites the bullet before the end.

Carol is going to have to see something. Whatever is going to happen, Carol's going to see it. Or it is going to become a major public incident.

Archived