What needs to happen for you to support/root for (f)Aegon?

Jon of the Dead

Like Robb Stark?

Robb Stark was a natural and he was quite mature for his age, he also blunders things up politically due to young age and gets himself killed along with his mother. Yeah that was a good turn of events.

Maybe Aegon can get his brains smashed for good this time?

Robb Stark was a natural and he was quite mature for his age, he also blunders things up politically due to young age and gets himself killed along with his mother. Yeah that was a good turn of events.

Maybe Aegon can get his brains smashed for good this time?

All of that happened, yes, but Robb "The Natural" Stark's military ability is just as cliche as you allege Aegon would be if he portrayed similar ability at his age. Robb Stark was a natural because GRRM made him one. Why not do the same for Aegon?

I could see it happening for cyclical effect, and looping around the action that started Robert's Rebellion, which lead to Wot5K. Purely as an "that's interesting, a Targaryen running off with a Stark and shafting a Martell again" way, to see Dorne and then possibly the Vale finally getting involved with the current chaos. Seeing that entire cycle perhaps finally close this time around.

Oh god, that would be hilarious. Let it happen.

Do we then end up with Arry the Heir chasing after them with a warhammer in his hand, and then after being unable to get Sansa back spend his life in drunken misery?

Wouldn´t want the paralell to go that far. I only want to read about the look on the Martells faces when they get dumped for a Stark... again.

Do I think he is a fake? Of course. Do I believe he will turn out as a decent leader? Yes, I think he has had a decent upbringing. What will it take for me to pull for him?? Hmmm. Ill go with him taking the heads off, of three dragons.

Oh god, that would be hilarious. Let it happen.

Do we then end up with Arry the Heir chasing after them with a warhammer in his hand, and then after being unable to get Sansa back spend his life in drunken misery?

Wouldn´t want the paralell to go that far. I only want to read about the look on the Martells faces when they get dumped for a Stark... again.

Well, really, it's called the Song of Ice and Fire. Don't you know that means the lasting enmity that settles between House Stark of the North and House Dorne of the South? :P I bet the Tyrells love it though.

Arry the Heir might not win against Aegon though. I'd love to see a different outcome with the Targ's winning this time around, if we're indulging in this fantasy.

All of that happened, yes, but Robb "The Natural" Stark's military ability is just as cliche as you allege Aegon would be if he portrayed similar ability at his age. Robb Stark was a natural because GRRM made him one. Why not do the same for Aegon?

Of course, if Robb had won the war it would had been cliche as hell.

Also Robb didnt really grew up during the series, he was a natural, Aegon is shown as an eager kid that froze in fear against leprose people. That means that he will grow on the series.

It would just enforce my point, that something really awry has to come to Aegon, hopefully he drags Daenerys too.

Well that depends. Sansa will be used by little finger as the figure head for securing the Riverlands, Vale and the North.

If we see a Dorne - Highgarden war (one faction tied to fAegon one to Tommen), a marriage to Sansa would be very useful. But of course he may already have to be engaged to Arianne to secure Dorne.

What would make this scenario interesting is that it would put Varys' puppet in bed with Littlefinger's.... which would put Varys and Littlefingers interests in parallel.

I still maintain that a marriage to Sansa does not help Aegons cause strategically as things currently stand. I doubt that Aegon and Sansa will actually ever meet. Aegon is currently in the Stormlands and is in urgent need of allies. Forming an alliance with Dorne through a marriage with Arianne makes far more sense.

I wil root for him when at the moment he has taken the IT, he starts laughing at everyone saying he's a Blackfyre and haha finally a Blackfyre rebellion succeeded. Yes that would sway me, considering he knows it himself he isn't real. Does he?

Theres no evidence to suggest that Aegon knows he is not a Targ. In fact it appears that Aegon and Jon Connington truly believe that he is Rhaegars son. Vary's and Illyrio may be the only one's who know the truth of Aegons birth.

Theres no evidence to suggest that Aegon knows he is not a Targ. In fact it appears that Aegon and Jon Connington truly believe that he is Rhaegars son. Vary's and Illyrio may be the only one's who know the truth of Aegons birth.

But there also isn't evidence he doesn't know, right? I'm just hoping, a Blackfyre Rebellion where the contender doesn't actually know he's a Blackfyre, that's a stupid Blackfyre Rebellion.

But there also isn't evidence he doesn't know, right? I'm just hoping, a Blackfyre Rebellion where the contender doesn't actually know he's a Blackfyre, that's a stupid Blackfyre Rebellion.

Well theres no concrete evidence but the way its been presented in the books it appears that Aegon believes himself to be Rhaegars son and the true heir to the IT. Jon Connington believes this to be true as well. And where has the whole Blackfyre Rebellion come from? As far as I've understood it, Aegon and JC are fighting to restore the Targaryen dynasty.

Well theres no concrete evidence but the way its been presented in the books it appears that Aegon believes himself to be Rhaegars son and the true heir to the IT. Jon Connington believes this to be true as well. And where has the whole Blackfyre Rebellion come from? As far as I've understood it, Aegon and JC are fighting to restore the Targaryen dynasty.

One could argue that the former leader of the GC only agreed on the secret contract because he knew Aegon is actually a Blackfyre. We don't know, but you could read it that way. Which would make it kindof a Blackfyre Rebellion.

I need three things for this to work:

1. I need him to really BE Aegon. And for it not to be in question in the narrative. His whole claim to fame is being Rhaegar's son; if he's not I have no use for him.

2. Because he's introduced so late into the series, I need to see something interesting out of him QUICKLY. Some real personality. He needs to DO something.

3. He needs to interact with characters that I actually care about. Jon Connington could fall off a cliff in his next appearance and I wouldn't blink. Team him up with some of the characters fans have become attached to since AGOT so the interaction is something we can't ignore.

Archived