Who is best suited to lead the fight against the Others?

Leman Russ

The key word is "most". After the wedding night and before her dragon dream, Dany did not willingly have sex with Khal Drogo; he had sex with her as and when he wished. That is rape. To make fun of it is disturbing.

But that's the last I'll say on the issue. :)

Could you specify where exactly I referred to this part of her Marriage or made fun of it?, or did I just comment that Dany enjoyed spreading her legs for a Dothraki Horselord which, is factually true.

This is also the last I will say on the topic too.

While we're throwing around the word "predictable."

In any case, I stand by what I said: Jon and Stannis, the only major players so far who even acknowledge that there's a threat. I'll even toss Bran in there, because he's a greenseer. Dany has about fifty steps to go, not least of which is actually being able to control her damn dragons, before anyone should be taking her at all seriously where this topic is concerned. Frankly the only way I can see her doing any sort of damage to the Others is if she sets out not to, given her propensity to turn everything she tries to save to garbage.

:agree:

Not that she will 'lead' as such, but Mel might be a big player against the Others on two grounds.

1. The horrific shadow babies she has alluded to being able to produce at the Wall.

2. When the Others are en mass, their surrounding mist is devastatingly cold - see the Varamyr chapter where his hand sticks to the floor before his body dies, with 100's of Others approaching. Mel has shown unnatural heat tolerance, she melts the Wall when she walks over it, etc. We were shown this for a reason, and it might be she's one of the few (or only) characters to be able to get physically close to the Others army.

(we also know from the Varamyr chapter that wolves can stand that cold - handy).

Who do I think, would be the best commander for the battle. Stannis, he has been there, far more times than anyone around, that gives a shit about whats going. Jon would be my second pick, followed by Dany.

I want to note, that this battle will be fought on multiple fronts. Most likely with leaders in one location, not knowing who is fighting elsewhere. Dany's dreams about fighting on the Trident can't be ignored. So, im assuming she will engage the Others there. While Stannis and Jon, keep fighting in the North. First at the Wall, followed by WINTER FELL after the wall falls.

Someone doesn't need to have a wild imagination to see that GG is the Harpy. They fear her because they fear her dragons. Without her dragons she has nothing. It was with her dragons she took the Unsuilled, the dragons conquered the cities. She hasn't fight so she hasn't earned anything by herself unlike Robb who was a fighter and he won the battles he didn't send GW to do the dirty job for him because he couldn't do it.

You know what, if Littlefinger was handling this he would probably furtively set one faction of the Others against another faction. This would start a civil war of sorts and then the army of dawn would then sweep in and carry the day.

Just get Baelish to do it.

You know what, if Littlefinger was handling this he would probably furtively set one faction of the Others against another faction. This would start a civil war of sorts and then the army of dawn would then sweep in and carry the day.

Screwed up part is, that this is all true.

Best idea yet.

True story..lol I'm just hoping there's a greater purpose for them other then killing freys and lannisters. Can't hate for a wishful thinker!!

Oh, definitely not hating on wishful thinking! The wolves will have their purpose. I just don't want to see them get slaughtered by Others, haha.

Stannis and Jon would make the best team I think.

There has been a lot of criticism about Dany as a ruler, but I think most readers can agree that she's naturally good at being a leader (whilst the opposite is true of Jon and Tyrion

I disagree. Jon proved that he was capable of leading during the battle at the Wall. He raised morale and his brothers followed his orders. No he's not perfect, (evidence being Bowen and co.) but he's a better leader than Dany is a ruler.

Stannis and Jon would make the best team I think.

I disagree. Jon proved that he was capable of leading during the battle at the Wall. He raised morale and his brothers followed his orders. No he's not perfect, (evidence being Bowen and co.) but he's a better leader than Dany is a ruler.

:agree: and time will tell if he is a better ruler I think he is but it is all speculation at this point

Like usual the thread was going perfectly fine until some unhinged Dany fan for one reason or another started attacking everybody and talking nonsense about everyone agreeing Dany is the best, despite 3 pages previously of not a single person saying that.

Agreed. And I'm a pretty big fan of Dany. On the flip side though, everyone got out of hand, slinging idiotic theories and unreasonable bashing. I could hardly read past the third page. Since when did giving your opinion in favor of one character constitute tearing down another? I don't get it.

That being said, I've always thought Dany and Jon were the best candidates to defeat the Others.

Funny thing I can see both Stannis and Dany as being pretty good at fighting Others, not so much actual everyday ruling. (yes, we're basically told that nothing good will come from Stannis' AARing, but I am talking present evidence). Dany is charismatic leader and conqueror and Stannis is super stubbon dude not afraid of difficulties. Jon seems like very good administrator, though I have no doubt he'll be fighting others a well.

Archived