Minor Character's Deaths That Hit You Harder Than You Would Expect

Arthur Dayne's Honor

Aemon and Cressen, who both break my heart in such terrible ways even before they die.

Pate made me sad too because he was so close to something maybe working out at last, you know? (And the maester he served calling him Cressen was like an extra little sucker punch I didn't need.)

Smalljon - Barely realized he existed until the RW and then he shows how much of a badass he is by throwing the table over Robb without a thought to himself, and then gets betrayed and killed by northman who he probably thought were there to help him seconds before they killed him.

Donal - The guy died taking out a giant protecting the wall

Oberyn - I cringed at his death scene, it was especially painful because he was so close to succeeding. Before the fight started, I thought he was definitely going to lose, but as it progressed and we got closer to the end I was full of hope that he was going to win and then to have it ripped away at a moment's notice is what made this one hard to swallow. He only had one thing on his mind, and that was getting his vengeance and justice for Elia, somethings he's been waiting 16 years for. As far as I'm concerned he got his vengeance.

Victarions maester, maester Kurwyn. Someone knocked out 4 of his teeth for smiling. He got gang gay raped and killed at like 20 years old. He didn't do anything wrong and never signed up for the shit he was put in.

I feel for Dacey Mormont, the Cassels, and some of the other people who died in combat, but they were fighters and or bodyguards who knew what they signed up for and knew they would very likely die bloody at some point. Kurwyn was just some kid who wanted to be a healer and a counselor and an intellectual but no.

I don't like it when the strong prey on the weak. Thats why I hate the Dothraki and the Ironborn, but especially the Dothraki. They are like an entire race of stupid greasy bullies.

-Maester Aemon- I cried and vowed I would always hate Mel and wish for her end (3rd hardest death of all time).

-Oberyn Martell if he counts for minor- Took his death harder than Robb's...I was a bit of a mess (second hardest death after Ned Stark).

-Syrio Forell- Am still in a bit of a denial this happened, he was just so good and protected Arya. He's her yoda!

-Yoren- I just plain liked Yoren, especially how he took black brotherhood seriously.

Ditto, the Penny bits are excruciating. I feel awful for not liking her, but I just can't. She had no clue what almost went down in the pit. I don't know whether that is a mercy or a liability.

Yeah even Tyrion dreams of killing her.

Archived