Dating 5: Insert something interesting

Derfel Cadarn

Surveys; stop random people in shopping centres and ask them to compare you to other men. Of course to get a true result you have to role-play with them a bit. In general I'm in the bottom 10% with additional comments of 'fuck off I'm late for work,' so I think I'll have to work on my selflessness.

I'm going to bite, what's the problem with Arabic women?

I'm glad you're humorous about it. It's not a science, just a way to interprete life into something that's easier to understand. My main point was to say that even though I'm amazing, the woman I truly want is so much better than me, she simply wouldn't consider someone like me as a partner.

Re: arabic daters - not a problem with women really. Basically arabic daters unbalance the market in favor of women, because generally arabic men are much more liberal than women when it comes to dating (e.g. ok with ONS, will date/sleep with women of other nationalities/religions). So the problem is not with women, it's with unequal culture. This may get better in the near future once the current generation have their kids in the west, I don't know.

Also, I realize I'm generalizing, yes there are promiscuous muslim women or very conservative muslim men here in the west, but I don't mean it in a negative way - I'm simply stating that market is unbalanced because of their gender inequality. Also, #1 rule of dating - don't waste time on low-chance leads, so by generalizing I'm basically saving myself a ton of time that I would probably waste if I chased arabic women who would often tease me but very rarely take it to a level I want.

Yes, noone else cares about those things you highlighted.

Hardly a comprehensive scale though, is it, if it doesn't account for douchiness.

I didn't list them all. Manners matter of course (douchiness is I guess lack of manners).

Nah, PA is fascinating. At least for me, since I already think humanity's neuronal wiring is not as common/universal as people think it is.

Thanks for answering questions PA - I mean that seriously and without sarcasm. This is like interacting with someone who is genuinely alien from my own humanity in the sphere of relationships and sex.

Life is meaningless and full of pain. Define it and its aspects however you like and let others the freedom do the same, that's a rule I live by.

I'm glad you're humorous about it. It's not a science, just a way to interprete life into something that's easier to understand. My main point was to say that even though I'm amazing, the woman I truly want is so much better than me, she simply wouldn't consider someone like me as a partner.

Re: arabic daters - not a problem with women really. Basically arabic daters unbalance the market in favor of women, because generally arabic men are much more liberal than women when it comes to dating (e.g. ok with ONS, will date/sleep with women of other nationalities/religions). So the problem is not with women, it's with unequal culture. This may get better in the near future once the current generation have their kids in the west, I don't know.

Also, I realize I'm generalizing, yes there are promiscuous muslim women or very conservative muslim men here in the west, but I don't mean it in a negative way - I'm simply stating that market is unbalanced because of their gender inequality. Also, #1 rule of dating - don't waste time on low-chance leads, so by generalizing I'm basically saving myself a ton of time that I would probably waste if I chased arabic women who would often tease me but very rarely take it to a level I want.

In general I'd say that dating is against women. If men sleep around they're studs, if women sleep around they're sluts. See the recent phenomenon of slut shaming.

Yes, noone else cares about those things you highlighted.

Have you read the book? None of those people are admirable.

you are magnificent! i routinely find your posts to be simultaneously that of a brilliant satirist and that of a narcissistic egomaniac. this here is one of your gems, friend.

top 10% of men indeed. watch out, world. watch the fuck out!

you are magnificent! i routinely find your posts to be simultaneously that of a brilliant satirist and that of a narcissistic egomaniac. this here is one of your gems, friend.

top 10% of men indeed. watch out, world. watch the fuck out!

That awkward moment when you made fun of yourself, but someone didn't get it and made fun of you :(

There are no men like me. there's only me.

Thank you, was waiting for this. Almost disappointed it took that long for it to be posted

By observing a statistically significant sample of men and applying your criteria of quality against it. Same with women. Of course it's subjective.

How did you prove it was a statistically significant sample? How did you determine the sample size? What form of MSA did you do to validate? Were these discrete or continuous measures? What toolset did you then use to determine the validity of your hypothesis?

How did you prove it was a statistically significant sample? How did you determine the sample size? What form of MSA did you do to validate? Were these discrete or continuous measures? What toolset did you then use to determine the validity of your hypothesis?

Hah, honestly, just observe people you know. You won't do it in a week, it may take years to figure out what kind of men are out there in your area of the world. You don't have to know everything about a person. If you want to figure out where you stand in terms of looks, go out on the street and see how many men are taller than you, or more fit, or wearing shorts, flip flops and a jersey. Go out to internet and do some research on penis sizes, or wealth. Go out to parties and see how funny you are comparing to others.

The big question is - why would you need to do this? It's nice to know that you're awesome to help self esteem - if that's the kind of help you need, I guess. When I was younger, my self esteem was low, and it took awhile to build up more confidence and sense of self worth. That's a good thing, if you think you're shitty person, that's probably what everyone else thinks as well. Believe in yourself and be more than words, commit to actions that prove your worth... but you don't need numbers or statistics gathering for this. When you do it, you know it anyways.

Archived