Breaking Bad - Final Season - The Fall of the Empire - Spoilers

Mya Stone

Yea I think this is a good option. It'd be a bit of a weird opening if they both just died. Gomie, yes. But to have a cliffhanger just lead to an immediate death doesn't sound right. So maybe now we'll have a scenario where they have all the evidence they need, but just don't know where Walt is? If the Nazi's nab Walt? Then maybe Walt escapes and buys a hoover, so they nab Jessie and Walt comes back to rescue him?

No, I think Hank will drive off with Walt with a gun to Walt's head. An injured Gomie will drive off with Jesse. The Nazis will follow Gomez, kill him maybe and capture Jesse, then organise a swap with Hank, Jesse for Walt.

Walt will then basically be a Nazi prisoner/meth slave.

Dude, arguing about Hank living or dying is JUST AS POINTLESS as arguing about Huell. Are you kidding me?

I don't step on other people's toes when they decide they want to write a term paper about the use of color in this show, so how about you let people discuss the ridiculousness they want to discuss? Frankly, what seems pointless to you might be great fun for someone else, and let's be honest, this is a fictional television show.

Everyone making the Huell argument shows no fun in it. They are upset that it seemingly makes no sense, or defending it against nonbelievers. Hank's death is at least relevant and immediate. Huell's pickpocketing was there as a plot tool, and him spilling the beans was both a plot tool and comedic relief. Huell exists for plot advancement and comedic relief. We are not ever meant to investigate his history as a character.

well now the whole plot of walking dead makes sense.

:laugh:

I give enough credit to VG so I can trust him. Walking Dead is definitely deus ex machina all over the place.

well now the whole plot of walking dead makes sense.

I give enough credit to VG so I can trust him. Walking Dead is definitely deus ex machina all over the place.

Comments like these confirms I was right to quit on the show, but a part of me always wants to watch just to see if it's what I thought it was, and if should let them off the hook.

VG has said the ending of Breaking Bad will be polarizing (which ending isn't, really), and I can already see it's starting to head that way. Some of my friends love where it's going, others hate it. One of my friends actually quit watching last week after seeing the 'contrived' end of Rabid Dog.

I really don't like where it's headed either, but that could quickly change due to the nature of the plot. Of course I'm not going to quit the show because there's 3 freaking episodes left, but if this wasn't the last season I'd seriously think about it.

but they thought he did.

im not assuming he's that hard. just that he's not an idiot and is moderately competent at his job. weve always seen that both were true.

Basically that he's a fairly normal guy. I think it's pretty normal to freak the fuck out if you get shown a picture of someone with their brain on the floor, after being told one of the most ruthless criminals around wants you dead. Hank's story was solid, you're just judging it using knowledge we have.

I believe that he also did say something along the lines of that it would be truly final. I'm searching for the right word he used. Maybe conclusive? I think it was sort of just to say that whatever folks think of the ending, it won't be Sopranos.

He went a bit further and said that all loose ends would be tied up. Bryan Cranston also said that we won't be left wondering what happens to Walter White, in addition to the ending being final, conclusive, etc

Given that we know Walt is likely in a cancer-stricken state in the flash forwards, I think that pretty much confirms Walt will die. If he doesn't die or isn't dying at the end, we'll always wonder what will happen to him given that he has cancer. It's not like anyone expected Walt to make it anyway, the show gave him a death sentence within the first 20 min of the first episode.

Bryan Cranston stated, "Walt goes out on his own terms."

You could read that as the show ends, or Walt dies. Quite frankly, Walt has had a death sentence from the very beginning, so I can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't die at the end.

But I'm intrigued to see what his "own terms" are at this point.

Even if Walt had killed jesse right ..don't you think he would call saul and tell him call off the search party.remember Huell was supposed to find jesse.Why have him out there still looking if walt already caught jesse.;and when I say the hank used the system i mean the way cops get one guy and says hey your partner just ratted you out so you're going down by urself ....then some ppl start confessing everything......really dissapointed in huell..

Bryan Cranston stated, "Walt goes out on his own terms."

You could read that as the show ends, or Walt dies. Quite frankly, Walt has had a death sentence from the very beginning, so I can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't die at the end.

Based on what we see with the m60 and the ricin, I'll bet it's a suicide mission. It could either be to save Jesse, or to protect his money pile as a 'if I can't have it, nobody can' measure.

Even if Walt had killed jesse right ..don't you think he would call saul and tell him call off the search party.remember Huell was supposed to find jesse.Why have him out there still looking if walt already caught jesse.;and when I say the hank used the system i mean the way cops get one guy and says hey your partner just ratted you out so you're going down by urself ....then some ppl start confessing everything......really dissapointed in huell..

yeah. agree with this. and disappointed in saul for hiring someone that would flip so easily

I believe that he also did say something along the lines of that it would be truly final. I'm searching for the right word he used. Maybe conclusive? I think it was sort of just to say that whatever folks think of the ending, it won't be Sopranos.

I think it means no huge loose ends or ambiguous/Sopranos-style endings, although the use of "Oh Sherrie" in 5x13 (sung by the frontman of Journey, the same band whose "Don't Stop Believing" featured prominently in that infamous final scene from The Sopranos) sent a shiver down my spine.

...although for everything to be tied off at the end, Walt pretty much has to die, doesn't he?

Well, the premise of the show is "Mr. Chips turns into Scarface," so maybe that's a clue.

There's a spoiler that might clear up whether Todd survives the shootout (don't click if you don't want to know):

Todd shot a scene where he's in a restaurant that will be in "Granite State," the second-last episode, so he lives past the shootout. Could be a flashback, of course, but I doubt it.

And a related spoiler about Lydia (don't click if you don't want to know):

Lydia's with Todd in that "Granite State" restaurant scene, too, so she lives to the second-last episode at least (again, assuming it's not a flashback).

Spoilers from here. Grain of salt and all, since the poster doesn't provide a link to where they got it.

So do you think Walts final showdown will be with the Aryan Brotherhood. I know only 3 episodes are left but like.... the can't be it, after all that Walt been through, dealing with interesting characters like Tuco, Mike, Gus etc. his final showdown CANT be with some neo-nazis. It seems... rather anti-climatic. But with only 3 episodes left, that may be what happens in the end...

I don't know why people are concerned about the Nazis playing a bigger role, I mean that's inevitable due to the power vacuum caused by Gus' and Walter's departures from the business. Still though I think the show has focused largely on the big 3 (Jesse, Walt, Hank), with characters like Lydia, the Nazis, and Saul fulfilling subplot roles. Yes, the Nazis will radically change the playing field going forward, but we'll be left with the main characters dealing with the results. Although the circumstances were completely different, it's similar to how a relatively minor character, Gale, shifted the entire course of the show with his role. Jesse, Walt, Gus and Mike were left to deal with the fallout of that major event.

So, with all that said I believe the final showdown will be between Walt and Jesse. Now whether it's a battle or some kind of reconciliation, I have no idea. Or the final showdown will be a bit more thematic, like Walt up against the full slate of the consequences of his actions. He's facing the destruction of his family and the trouble of leaving a business of that nature (which includes the Nazis).

Also it's pretty easy to survive when they're shooting like this

well the other guy was aiming through the sight.

i'm actually starting to worry that i'm just biased against hank after i saw a few episode of under the dome, maybe i just cant take him seriously anymore

well the other guy was aiming through the sight.

i'm actually starting to worry that i'm just biased against hank after i saw a few episode of under the dome, maybe i just cant take him seriously anymore

Come on man it was a jab at the otherwise regal Meth Damon!

Based on what I'm hearing, I'm glad I stopped watching after the pilot. Is Hank's acting and the show overall really that bad? I remember how I couldn't take WW seriously for the first few episodes (I don't think we were supposed to anyway), but of course that drastically changed.

Archived