Was Rhaegar feminine?

Nami

Jaqen's face is unlikely to be his own. (boo) So you gotta ask yourself, why would he choose such a manpretty face for his mission? Just what sort of mission was Jaqen going for?

I think it's his real face. That may be wishful thinking, I admit. But he was VERY comfortable with being Jaqen. He was used to girls looking at him. And you learn to like it. So I think he was having fun being Jaqen again. And when he changed into the lots less hot Alchemist, he was sad. True, he was leaving the fabulous Arya, but... And the hair, what was the deal with the hair. Washing it, scenting it, he's in the middle of a war zone and that's his priority. Like he was proud of it. It all seemed very personal, being Jaqen. Again, probably wishful thinking. :)

I do think the TV casting of Jaqen may have been the absolute best in the entire series

I definitely agree that the TV casting of Jaqen was absolutely fantastic and without a doubt one of the best, but I don't know if any casting past, present, or future will be able to match the decision to cast Harry Lloyd as Viserys. I mean Harry Lloyd's portrayal of Viserys appearance and personality was chillignly perfect. The guy really hit the nail on the hammer with Viserys, it was exactly how I imagined him in the books:

I think it's his real face. That may be wishful thinking, I admit. But he was VERY comfortable with being Jaqen. He was used to girls looking at him. And you learn to like it. So I think he was having fun being Jaqen again. And when he changed into the lots less hot Alchemist, he was sad. True, he was leaving the fabulous Arya, but... And the hair, what was the deal with the hair. Washing it, scenting it, he's in the middle of a war zone and that's his priority. Like he was proud of it. It all seemed very personal, being Jaqen. Again, probably wishful thinking. :)

OMG!! I'm laughing my ass off..at the hair scenting in the middle of a war zone. I'd love to fanwank that THAT FACE is Jaqen's face, and all those points about how comfortable it was for him, along with his enjoyment of just being Jaqen, will have me finishing this reread of ACOK in whole new light.

Even if that face is not his true face, I'm all for the tv show making it so, they might, just to keep things simplier for tv viewers only.

OMG!! I'm laughing my ass off..at the hair scenting in the middle of a war zone. I'd love to fanwank that THAT FACE is Jaqen's face, and all those points about how comfortable it was for him, along with his enjoyment of just being Jaqen, will have me finishing this reread of ACOK in whole new light.

Even if that face is not his true face, I'm all for the tv show making it so, they might, just to keep things simplier for tv viewers only.

I know, the rest of my theory is he got stuck with his default face so he had to keep it up.

Seriously, they change everything, why not change that, too. But they won't, because that's something the ladies want to see. When they didn't show the bathhouse scene (just have him wearing pants when she comes in)... Sigh. I have totally given up on all of my favorite stories (and I have about 10).

But back to Rhaegar, which is why we're talking about Jaqen, same thing, I think, a pretty face, but a manly sexiness.

I know, the rest of my theory is he got stuck with his default face so he had to keep it up.

Seriously, they change everything, why not change that, too. But they won't, because that's something the ladies want to see. When they didn't show the bathhouse scene (just have him wearing pants when she comes in)... Sigh. I have totally given up on all of my favorite stories (and I have about 10).

But back to Rhaegar, which is why we're talking about Jaqen, same thing, I think, a pretty face, but a manly sexiness.

I do give up on too much for us ladies with the show, it IS the show for TITS and wine and from a male perspective, at least certain types of scenes seem that way. Still, the bias leaves me needing wine and WHINE.

I totally agree on Rhaegar, that type of beauty, but I'm picturing someone slightly taller, and more able to fill out some armor. We must not forget that none of the accounts of the battle of the Trident seem to talk about Robert beating up and killing a girly man, as some detractors suggest. It seemed, to me, to be descriptive of two men, pretty evenly matched, in size and in masculine prowess.

I do give up on too much for us ladies with the show, it IS the show for TITS and wine and from a male perspective, at least certain types of scenes seem that way. Still, the bias leaves me needing wine and WHINE.

Maybe a letter-writing campaign to D&D for equal "exposure" in Season 4?

Really, why I didn't exactly mind the prowess and promiscuity of Precious Pod (I'm of fan of both Podricks), a little extra candy for the ladies once in awhile wouldn't be a bad thing. If they're putting out candy dishes, a little for everyone would be nice.

Rhae-man might just be the ultimate.........piece......of candy, if they do brave a glimpse at him.

I am going to miss this thread if and when it ever goes fallow, or gets closed. :crying:

Haha, equal exposure will never happen on the show regardless of the wishes of it's fan base which has more to do with the network it's on (HBO) than the actual show itself. For major premium cable networks like HBO, Showtime, and Starz they're really cautious about how much and how often they show male exposure because of the overall public perception it brings toward the overall sexual demeanor of the show. In the tv business showing tons of female exposure on premium cable channels is considered sexy, provacotive, cutting edge but showing a lot of male exposure a lot of times ends up getting opposite results and also ends up giving the show a much 'gayer' overall demeanor which is something head studio execs(who are mostly male) try to almost always avoid at all cost for shows as critically successful and popular as GOT. The only time they would allow such a thing is with shows like the "L Word" which was marketed specifically as a 'gay' show from day one. Now I don't agree with this sort of thinking, but it is the reality of how the entertainment business operates.....HBO will never even consider allowing anything close to equal exposure on the show.

If we ever do see Rhaegar on the show, everyone fangirling over him here is going to be disappointed - he is pretty much a god and it'd literally have to be the perfect looking man, if that exists.

I would say there is alot more discussion about Rhaegar and others than just 'fangirling' in 'here.' There are 19 pages worth of posts that are about more than this so called fangurling, IMO. I know I've made posts about much more than his appearance, as have others.

I think the thread itself illustrates that alot of us would probably not be disappointed in a Rhaegar casting, as we've all pointed out the many ways in which men are considered beautiful, from appearance, build, personality, and the aura that surrounds them. Besides, while HBO may be greedy with candy for the females (minus HODOR, LOL, gee thanks), they are pretty good at casting all the roles, for the most part.

Should look similar to HBO Daario Naharis with Long Beautiful Silver hair.

If Rhaegar was beautiful, he was more complete man-like than even Robert Baratheon.

Like Krishna, in Mahabharat, who danced with girls, played flute, and yet was also an archer and a warrior. Krishna in paintings is depicted BOTH; Soft and Strong. And so was Rhaegar both; SOFT and STRONG :-)

Just like ANDREX toilet paper!

I totally agree on Rhaegar, that type of beauty, but I'm picturing someone slightly taller, and more able to fill out some armor. We must not forget that none of the accounts of the battle of the Trident seem to talk about Robert beating up and killing a girly man, as some detractors suggest. It seemed, to me, to be descriptive of two men, pretty evenly matched, in size and in masculine prowess.

Exactly! By day, he jousted with other knights and won, by night, he jousted with the ladies and won there, too. He had it going on.

Rhaegar - I have a feeling Florina will not approve of this one, either (pink lips!)

Exactly! By day, he jousted with other knights and won, by night, he jousted with the ladies and won there, too. He had it going on.

Rhaegar - I have a feeling Florina will not approve of this one, either (pink lips!)

LOL, It's not just Florina, besides the pink lips, this version looks almost like he could be trying to be a drag queen, and even stranger, I think he looks like someone I know in RL, I just can't peg it. LOL I do like the body on him, though. Just something about the face isn't doing it for me.

ETA: On further review, HAHA, I think it's the hair. He looks like he literally took a curling iron to it, ironically, I'd have loved that do on me.

LOL, It's not just Florina, besides the pink lips, this version looks almost like he could be trying to be a drag queen, and even stranger, I think he looks like someone I know in RL, I just can't peg it. LOL I do like the body on him, though. Just something about the face isn't doing it for me.

ETA: On further review, HAHA, I think it's the hair. He looks like he literally took a curling iron to it, ironically, I'd have loved that do on me.

He kinda looks like Busy Phillips... but with silver hair.

In this pic his head looks 6 sizes too small for his body. Rhaegar the Microcephalic!

Archived