Crackpot - Viserys alive.

Viserys - The last dragon

It's not even the textual evidence that debunks this theory. It's more what the Viserys character was in the actual story itself. He brutalized Dany. Kept her down. Kept her timid. In fact, kept her in her shell. She needed to lash out and rebel against him to finally start to come out of her shell, but she'd never truly be free until he was dead and gone.

His death represents a turning point in the narrative for Dany. That's why he's dead, has been dead this whole time and will stay dead.

She thinks wrongly.

Also the HOTU showed her her son by Drogo, all tall and awesome with burning cities behind him. And that's clearly not the case, her son died. So HOTU can show dead people as being alive, why not living people as being dead?

The HOTU visions show things that have happened, things that could've been and things that will happen. The vision of Viserys' death can only be something that happened, since, you know, we see it happen. There's a reason why the Undying call Dany the daughter of death. The deaths of Rhaegar, Rhaego and Viserys were what made her who she is.

The cook-fire issue isn't that much of a problem, if I'm not mistaken.

Somebody earlier said Gold melts at 1948 Fahrenheit. That's 1064 Celsius.

Even a candle burns at 1000 celsius. Is it really not possible for a flame to heat a metal pot to 1064?

Yes, ordinarily that kind of burn trauma applied to the head would be totally fatal since it would raise the temperature of the central nervous system beyond normal operating levels. However, Viserys never had a brain to begin with, and therefore would be immune to molten gold skull damage. Years of inbreeding caused him to be born with a severe birth defect, brain-not-having-itus.

This is quite plausible. There have been cases of those born with Anencephaly living until at least age six. Toss in a bit of fantasy, and no problem with Viserys living until age 20+.

Nah, sorry, lovely crackpot theory and i'm pleased to see somebody's a Viserys fan. Must say i would be very amused if he was resurrected by a red priest or something...Un-Viserys. He'd be hysterical, even more brain-dead than he was in life and twice as crazy, blundering about with an overly heavy head...who wouldn't want to see that?

New crackpot. Drogo didn't die from an infected nipple. He died because he forgot the pot holders and the burns on his hands got infected. No one noticed because he fell off his horse and was too delirious by that time to explain it was the hands, not the nip.

Hahahaha, that made me laugh. Well done :laugh:

Anyway, going past the whole heat and gold and temperatures, Viserys is dead. Additionally, just because we didn't see him get buried doesn't mean anything. There are a lot of characters out there who died on-page in front of us, but we didn't see them officially get buried. Despite what happened to Robb, being stabbed then decapited with his wolf's head mounted, we didn't see him get buried either. Same goes with Quentyn, we didn't see him get buried. Arys Oakheart, again. If I remember correctly, we haven't seen Oberyn get buried either. Ditto on Maester Cressen and Kevan Lannister. Ned's bones, are currently M.I.A at the moment, despite earlier efforts to have them placed in the Winterfell crypts Mance's Wife Dalla, died giving birth, but we don't really know where her body is, no formal burial and maybe just left behind and exposed. Balon, we know he fell of a bridge, can't really say where his body specifically is. Falyse Stokeworth, disapeared under Qyburn, died screaming but don't know what happened to her remains, Rodrick Cassel killed by Ramsay, not much detail beyond that. We know Lady Hornwood was locked up and starved to death, but not much beyond to the fate of her body. Altogether, we have witnessed/read in great detail all about their individual deaths, but we weren't given descriptions about their actual burials/final resting place. Does that make them have potential to not be dead afterall?

We also didn't get details of burials of characters from the more or less recent past - We didn't see Rhaegar get buried, we just know that he was cremated. Where are his ashes? Where is Joanna Lannister? We know she just died of childbirth. And so forth.

I think the only "true" ones we have seen have a burial of some sort for the top characters, off the top of my head, was Maester Aemon, Khal Drogo, Tywin, and Catelyn. Aemon had a memorial, Tywin's was displayed at the Sept then a procession, Drogo's body was burned via funeral pyre, whereas Catelyn...well, we know for a fact her body was originally dumped in a river. In any case, she was one of the few where we know what exactly happened to her body in its final destination or "burial", yet she was the one that came back from the dead. We witnessed Gregor Clegane get severly injured, we know he suffered then died, and his remains being fiddled with by Qyburn. Which disproves the proof even further in a sense, the ones were we did read about a burial or fate of their remains, ended up being the ones coming back, not the ones we haven't.

Beric is sort of up and down. We technically regularly know what happens to him after death, since he revives each time, but then we don't really know or see him become buried during his true death.

No burial, no problem. Stragglers from the Khalasar were eaten by the feral dogs that followed it. Since Visy was held in low esteem and beyond that had violated the weapon ban they wouldn't have bothered with his corpse beyond recovering the gold. Just toss him out for the pooches.

Nah, sorry, lovely crackpot theory and i'm pleased to see somebody's a Viserys fan. Must say i would be very amused if he was resurrected by a red priest or something...Un-Viserys. He'd be hysterical, even more brain-dead than he was in life and twice as crazy, blundering about with an overly heavy head...who wouldn't want to see that?

I certainly would :laugh: It would be maniacal and the words "You never mourned me, sister. It is hard to die unmourned" will get a completely different meaning :laugh: Alas, too many resurrections already.

Yes, I agree that this theory is crackpot. And no, Viserys could not have survived a pot of molten gold being poured on his head.

However: those defending the realism of Drogo's gold-melting methods are doomed to failure. The gold-melting scene is unrealistic. I don't care if he used horse-hair mittens. Thos mittens should have burst into flame the instant he touched the handle of the cooking pot.

Now, if Drogo's belt buckle were made of gold-colored chocolate, then that gold melting scene might be realistic enough. And in that case, Viserys might indeed be alive.

Yes, I agree that this theory is crackpot. And no, Viserys could not have survived a pot of molten gold being poured on his head.

However: those defending the realism of Drogo's gold-melting methods are doomed to failure. The gold-melting scene is unrealistic. I don't care if he used horse-hair mittens. Thos mittens should have burst into flame the instant he touched the handle of the cooking pot.

Now, if Drogo's belt buckle were made of gold-colored chocolate, then that gold melting scene might be realistic enough. And in that case, Viserys might indeed be alive.

Yep, the mittens are as unrealistic as the rest of the scenario.

Now, if they'd coated his head with chocolate and staked him out on an ant hill.........

If GRRM hand't already brought back several dead characters I would say Viserys is a perfect candidate for a return. He could show up with that melted gold still embedded into his scalp and in a fury screaming about how "Fire cannot kill a Dragon" just like Dany said. The fact he survived such a trauma would cause all the Dothraki to think him godly and fall to their knees in worship. His brutality would of course be at an all time high now, and people in Westeros would look back longingly to a time when they only had to deal with small fries like Ramsey Bolton and the Mad King. People would pray for the Others to invade and take them just to be spared the wrath of Viserys the golden dragon.

Archived