New Girl Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Sci-2

Okay I'm back on board. That was awesome.

Reminds me of the bdays my friends and I would do for each other at uni.

eta:

Also, DP, what do you think is Jess's take on feminism? Feel free to post here or on io9. :-)

Yeah, that was better, but I still hate Jess. Who does that?

Feminism - dunno, she's not terrible or anything, but that self-conscious, declarative, emotional feminism is weird to me. I suddenly worked out that I would actually know her. If she was real, we would kind of exist in the same circles. I know these women, with the quirky outfits and the "how do I make it all work" blah, and I have spent many, many hours at seminars or work or school rolling my eyes and wishing they could please stop talking about their feelings, because I don't care, and my feminism is fine with that and I was promised pizza and also decisions so lets get to that bit.

Or i've just been to a string of these kind of things lately and i'm projecting. Who knows? :dunno:

Io9 - I wanted to try out being a little trollier than I am here, but it turns out I suck at that. Just awkward trying to talk to a million comments. Terrible platform, too.

Ok the only reason I'm not agreeing with Datapalm and jumping on his/hers hate Jess wagon is cause hell would freeze over...so I'm not doing it for the greater good but Goooood she's becoming annoying. Is Nick now suppose to do this B-day whoopla every year?

Ok the only reason I'm not agreeing with Datapalm and jumping on his/hers hate Jess wagon is cause hell would freeze over...so I'm not doing it for the greater good but Goooood she's becoming annoying. Is Nick now suppose to do this B-day whoopla every year?

Do we usually not agree? :frown5:

But, without agreeing then, yes, god, what the hell was with the Birthday thing? Made her breakfast, threw her a party, what the hell more does she need? Why does Nick need to come through with that? I don't even get it - was the movie thing the plan all along or did he put it together when she bailed on him?

On the other hand, Cece/Schmidt!

Io9 - I wanted to try out being a little trollier than I am here, but it turns out I suck at that. Just awkward trying to talk to a million comments. Terrible platform, too.

Oh I wasn't teasing you - It actually got mentioned by one of the staff writers so you at least made a few waves.

More later.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't find it hard to believe Cece would go out on a date with a guy like Coach. I do find it hard to believe Cece would go out on a date with a guy who acts like Coach has acted around her. Weird, insincere, weird, incapable of putting together a coherent sentence, and oh yeah, weird.

I would have said the same thing about her and Schmidt but they spent time together as acquaintances and got to know each other. Unless there was a time jump between episodes, Coach has been back for just a couple weeks and is still really weird around her. I get that they needed Cece back in the group dynamic but that seemed a weird way to do it.

Anyway, Nick and Winston keep bringing their A-games. Nick may be my favorite character in comedy right now, because I would pretty much be him had I not gotten married and had a kid eight years ago.

Kinda hope they'd bring in Eliza Coupe to play Coach's girlfriend. Those two were awesome together on HE.

Well he did make a song based around that Chapelle skit....

Oh yeah they had a few call-backs to the Chapelle skit in this one too with the pancakes. I was just remarking on Prince's habit of removing any and all media with him in it from Youtube.

Oh yeah they had a few call-backs to the Chapelle skit in this one too with the pancakes. I was just remarking on Prince's habit of removing any and all media with him in it from Youtube.

Oh yeah I got that, was just thinking he did make his on YouTube channel now so he's venturing out into the online world.

There's a kind of logic to Prince being the ultimate arbiter of all things loveish, but the execution was kind of bland. Seems like it could have been funnier/weirder/more original than butterflies and a new dress. :dunno:

ETA - OTOH, AV CLub suggest a Prince spinoff where he wanders around solving ridiculous sitcom romantic hijinks. I would watch that. It doesn't even need to be a separate show, maybe a kind of quirky web series where he magically appears in the middle of other shows, sings a few random lines from any of his songs, then proceeds to vanish. No one understands what it means, but it sounds profound anyway, and things get a little better for five minutes.

didnt really love the whole episode, but fire and ice was incredible, as was ham and cheese

Kinda hope they'd bring in Eliza Coupe to play Coach's girlfriend. Those two were awesome together on HE.

they were, but i wouldnt want them to go back to that well.

and mayyybe for one episode but keeping her around in a supporting role would be a huge waste

didnt really love the whole episode, but fire and ice was incredible, as was ham and cheese

they were, but i wouldnt want them to go back to that well.

and mayyybe for one episode but keeping her around in a supporting role would be a huge waste

Oh no, she's got her own thing going. But since they got Damon Wayans back, bringing her in for a run in a recurring role would be fun like what they did with Lizzy Caplan and Brenda Song. They could have a few callbacks to some of their funny Happy Endings moments. Still pissed that they couldn't bring that show back...

• 4 weeks later...

Schmidt and Nick were the best part of the episode:

Nick: I told Abby about the apartment and now she's giving Schmidt a special.

Jess: *looks shocked and disgusted*

Abby: *waves hand and nods in confirmation*

Schmidt: Don't look at me. Just look away. Look away, or, or look right at me.

Nick: *shakes head*

Schmidt: *nods head*

And this exchange was amazing

Nick: Jess is gonna kill me. She's gonna say my name in that short clipped way where she doesn't add the 'k.'

Schmidt: What?

Nick: When she's mad she just says Nic.

Schmidt: Do you really think the 'k' adds to the sound of your name?

Nick: Yes!

Schmidt: How do you usually say your name?

Nick: Nickkkkk.

Schmidt: Say it without the 'k'

Nick: Nickkkkk.

Schmidt: It's the same thing.

Nick: Stop distracting me!

Nick and Schmidt and Winston are funny. (Winston: That's the Winston of pep talks!) As always. Jess and everything else is just annoying. This show works best when Jess just stands there and says stuff and they react to it. That's it.

She was pretty passive-agressive with her too, that whole convoluted plan to make her move and stuff. Who does that? For the love of christ, have an adult conversation, Jessica Day!

That said, I do believe Abbie can destroy Schmidt.

That said wo, a handjob at the dinner table, huh? I thought it was funny, but also kinda...provocative, in a bad way? Dunno.

I still like the show, but Coach is just wrecking things.

yeah, he hasnt been great. for whatever reason it takes this show a long time to make a character any good.

lots of good lines though.

"i know but allies going to fix it, shes getting the cooler knives"

"you outfoxed me, im in"

"teach her how to whistle"

nick's reaction to "how do we deal with nonsense"

"i dont women should be allowed to handle money"

Archived