New Girl Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Sci-2

Yup. I was enjoying the outrageousness of Abbey and Schmidt a bit, and maybe the return of that crazy Season 1 Schmidt, but it fizzled out again. :dunno:

Winston and Coach just have nothing to do ever. (With Cece and Abbey, that's 7 major characters for these few episodes, and I can't think of any show that has managed to juggle that many effectively. Community and TBBT both have the problem of underused characters who fade into secondary character status for a dozen episodes at a time. HIMYM or Happy Endings both seemed to do a lot better with five. How Friends juggled 6 for that long is some kind of sitcom miracle.)

Lol I know, Winston needs a fuckin life.... It's beyond depressing. They need to cut Coach, he wasn't even that great during the first episode. (I actually thought Winston was a replacement until they mentioned coach left) he's just not funny to me and his voice is annoying... Those extra sounds that's aren't necessary -_- Jess and Nick should have never been an actual couple. I mean we all knew it was going to happen, but that should have been a series finally thing because now it could just be that their on and off..... I don't know it's just not the same and I miss Cece's Russian-broken-English roommate, the super skinny one who made fun of Schmidt.

Yup. I was enjoying the outrageousness of Abbey and Schmidt a bit, and maybe the return of that crazy Season 1 Schmidt, but it fizzled out again. :dunno:

Winston and Coach just have nothing to do ever. (With Cece and Abbey, that's 7 major characters for these few episodes, and I can't think of any show that has managed to juggle that many effectively. Community and TBBT both have the problem of underused characters who fade into secondary character status for a dozen episodes at a time. HIMYM or Happy Endings both seemed to do a lot better with five. How Friends juggled 6 for that long is some kind of sitcom miracle.)

Happy Endings had six with extras when Penny and/or Max were dating somebody.

This whole Sister thing isn't working for me.

I hate the sister,she's over the top,unlikable and even more annoying than Jess at times and that's achievement. Her presence makes Jess even more annoying so that makes me dislike sister even more..

I miss Cece's Russian-broken-English roommate, the super skinny one who made fun of Schmidt.

I miss her too...She was crazy :)

Imagine her bossing Winston around :lol:

And I know I'm not Jess' greatest fan and defender but I totaly understood the whole being alone in a hotel and having a time of her life...I really love having a night of my own from time to time...I'm pretty much copy paste Jess...minus walking around the lobby in a bath robe...

Yeah, Russian Chick, Douchey Scmidt, and Weird Nick were all way more entertaining.

With the apartment overstuffed now, I wonder if they're setting up to lose one of the characters permanently.

Possibly, which hopefully means Coach is downgraded to guest star.

Though this way of doing it felt forced. Scmidt doesn't seem like someone who'd clear out his bank account to give Abby a storefront.

And shouldn't Abby at least be trying to pay him back? Shouldn't Jess demand she does so?

I will be happy if they bring back crazy Russian model and douche Schmidt.

Also, I am a Schmidt/Cece shipper. They had crazy weird sexual chemistry that was AWESOME. And HILARIOUS.

Exactly! They were weird and depraved and probably not super healthy but definitely funny and interesting. Coach/Cece or whatever else is just blah.

Exactly! They were weird and depraved and probably not super healthy but definitely funny and interesting. Coach/Cece or whatever else is just blah.

The problem with Coach/Cece is it came out of the blue and then vanished just as quickly. So why should we care about their supposed friendship?

Just sad to see the writers flailing around at this point. I wouldn't even mind too much if the show got cancelled.

I actually really liked the CeCe/Coach friendship. They even mention in the episode that they've only been friends for like a week, that's part of the joke.

I foresee them finding a use for that storefront somehow. Gang runs a bar, maybe?

ETA: Also, Ferguson!! I was so glad to see him even for a second, I was worried that they had gotten rid of him without even mentioning it.

Eh. I wouldn't have minded this ending at this point, and freeing up the actors to go be awesome in something else while Zoe Deschanel joins a quirky circus and never graces my laptop screen again. Well, maybe they will turn it around. I need a resolution to Cece/Schmidt.

I actually really liked the CeCe/Coach friendship. They even mention in the episode that they've only been friends for like a week, that's part of the joke.

me too. best use of damon wayans jr for me by far

I've been away form the thread a while, but I'm thoroughly loving this season. The episodes w/ Prince & Jess' sister were great. I hope Schmidt and Cece end up back together somehow. I loved them together.

I foresee them finding a use for that storefront somehow. Gang runs a bar, maybe?

ETA: Also, Ferguson!! I was so glad to see him even for a second, I was worried that they had gotten rid of him without even mentioning it.

Agree on all counts. This last episode was probably the strongest Winston episode all season.

Archived