Who Do You Feel Sorry For?

Lady Asha

Theon after becomming Reek.

I kind of feel sorry for Viserys, sure he was mad at the end but I think a part of his madness came from the way they lived and were viewed after loosing the IT.

Jeyne Poole of course for everything that happend to her from Littlefinger to Ramsay.

Ser Glendon Ball, hope things got better for him after Whitewalls.

I belive things went better for him after Whitewalls. It's kind of foreshadowed by Duncan that Glendon Ball becomes a knight of the Kingsguard (See my sig)

Bran. First he lost the use of his legs. Then some wildlings try to rob/kill him. Then his dad is beheaded. All his family leave except his little brother. Then his home is invaded and destroyed. Then he is completely separated from all his family, not knowing if they're dead or what. Then he ends up in a cave destined to become a tree for the rest of his days :(

Cat has the most sympathy from me...

She tells Ned not to go south, then tells him he has to after Bran, which leads to Ned dying.

The same act leads to both of her daughters being prisoners

Then she finds out one of those daughters cannot be found and is presumed dead.

Then she tells Robb not to send Theon to the Iron Islands, yet he does so anyway

This leads to her believing her two youngest sons are dead

She then warns Robb of Frey treachery, but has to support her son's decision to get the Frey army

This leads to her watching her son be murdered in front of her eyes before being murdered herself

Seriously, going from a happy family with 5 healthy children to a widow with 4 children dead and one a prisoner is one of, if not the most depressing arcs of the entire series. Nobody deserves that.

:agree:

no one can make me tear up like lady Catelyn , her last thoughts...i always have tears in my eyes when i remember them no woman should ever suffer as this poor woman did

and i feel sorry for Robb ,thrones are high and lonely and crowns are heavy ,as well as having the weight of the world thrust upon his shoulders his best friend ,a man he considered a brother betrays him and burns his home and kills his brothers and then he's betrayed in the ugliest way possible ,all of this and he hadn't even reached 16

when you think about it, Robb was just a kid trying to do what he thought his father would do and save his sisters and was murdered and his body discarded by older men who stood for greed and treachery

Theon.

Growing up he was a prisoner, maybe not in a dungeon, but Ned made sure to never warm up to him, in case he had to kill him later.

Then, when he comes back to Pike, his father just seems to have no respect for him.

Trying to impress his real family, he leads a foolish attack on Winterfell, where he is hated as a turncloak.

After killing "Bran" and "Rickon" (an act he later feels remorses for) he his tortured by Ramsay to a point where he isn't himself anymore, losing several fingers and most of all, his spirit.

Now, he is a prisoner of Stannis and he's facing execution

Also, I feel bad for Rickon. The poor guy doesn't grasp half of what's going around him and it's really sad to see his reactions to the departure of his whole family...

I feel sorry for just about everybody who isn't Joffrey, various members of House Frey (there are some i fell sorry for though), anybody called Bolton (unless Domeric turns out to have been a really nice bloke), The Mountain, Pycelle or almost anyone in Stannis' camp (except Shireen and Patchface. Davos, i love you dearly but to be honest, compared to most you've had it pretty good. I was very sad when your boys were killed though...).

Top of the sympathy list: Theon and Jeyne, nobody deserves Ramsay. Edmure Tully, the poor chap did his best, and nobody ever gives him any credit for it, and somehow, whenever the brown and sticky hits the fan, it hits Edmure. His life just seems to get progressively worse. Being captured by Jaime Lannister seems to have been a highlight.

Unlikely objects of my sympathy: Lysa and Robert Arryn. Lysa grows up in Catelyn's shadow, before being married off to Jon Arryn because she fell for Littlefinger's juvenile charms (yeah, ok, she seduced him, but don't worry, i've got sympathy for Littlefinger too.), a much older man to be little more than a brood mare. Then she moves to court at King's Landing, which is enough to drive anyone round the twist. She was clearly terrified of losing Robin, so much that she tried to keep him a baby. So, she was a murderous bitch and nutty as a fruitcake with a vendetta against just about everybody and the hots for Littlefinger. Like I said, Kings Landing could do that to anyone... Poor Sweetrobin never really stood a chance.

The Starks, Tullys(excluding Lysa), the Targaryens, Elia and her babies, the smallfolk, Weasel, Lolly,Shireen, Myrcella, Tommen, sometimes Theon, the Wildlings, Jeyne AKA fake Arya, and lots of others

I use to feel sorry for Tyrion but don't care anymore I might in the future but I can't bring myself to feel sorry for anyone who bears the surname Lannister, Frey, or Bolton

Just curious, why do you exclude Lysa? I think the poor woman was traumatized by the men in her life who were supposed to love her. Her father, Hoster Tully, forced her to get an abortion. It's probably the reason she had so many miscarriages. Nightmarish.

LF used her like garbage and played on her need to be loved and her weak mental state. He also took her virginity and then said her sister's name when he was done boffing her. I mean... :ack:

And Jon Arryn well, was like, old enough to be her grandfather. That's just gross for a young girl.

Archived