Who Do You Feel Sorry For?

Lady Asha

Well, truthfully, Tywin's parenting style is close to mine own heart. It creates strong children.

Cersei is stupid and incompetant

Jaime is stupid and reckless

Tyrion is competant but hates his father enough to kill him

All three, are different degrees of assholeness

Sure, Tywin did a great job raising his children.

I think he only strikes when somebody else strikes first, correct?

Yeah, how dare Elia Martell dare steal Cersei's man thus she totally deserved to have both her small children brutally murdered in front of her and then to be raped and murdered by the murderer of her infant son.

Yeah, how dare Elia Martell dare steal Cersei's man thus she totally deserved to have both her small children brutally murdered in front of her and then to be raped and murdered by the murderer of her infant son's killer.

Yeah, I edited that part out, I realized after the fact that I had blanked on the whole Elia Martell thing...my bad.

His kids aren't dead. In Westeros, that is a win.

Sounds like great parenting to me, he should've wrote a Westrosi parenting book, 'how to fuck up your kids and you family to ensure one of them kills you while the other two drag your house into the mud.' By Tywin Lannister, forward by Aerys Targaryen and Craster.

His kids aren't dead. In Westeros, that is a win.

Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon (and Jon) are all still alive thus it seems that Catelyn and Ned did pretty well themselves. Especially, seeing how none of their children personally killed either one of them.

Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon (and Jon) are all still alive thus it seems that Catelyn and Ned did pretty well themselves. Especially, seeing how none of their children personally killed either one of them.

I like Tywin. Probably because he reminds me of my father.

But I'm totally not going to say that he deserves a lot of pity because he doesn't. But I'll give him a little. That also probably has something to do with Charles Dance and the ridiculous crush (non sexual, because he's old as dirt) I have on him. He's just so marvelous I can't really hate him.

YIKES!!

I look at it this way: nobody in the world can ever hurt me more. Which means I'm pretty much set. I think my attitude is pretty similar to Cersei's when it comes to this. She feared him, admired him, wants to step up into his shoes. Tywin Lannister built the most powerful House in Westeros and I'll be damned, that's pretty impressive. Cersei was sold off as a brood mare...yes, that sucks. But most everything that happens to everything else sucks a lot more than being the Queen.

That's sort of how I look at it. Is Tywin an ass? Yes. Is my dad an ass? Also yes. Are we relatively lucky and secure, because our dads are ruthless, totally lacking in empathy and pragmatic to the bone? Yes.

I will not say that he was good but I think he is deserves more pity than Ramsay f*ing Snow.

I feel sorry for Benjen, despite the fact that he's a deeply horrible bully/psychopath. He reminds me of my bully/psychopath friend, who at least does things like help me fix my car or lets me know if I start to get fat. Benjen is a lot like this - he tells kids when they are whining too much and he helped Othor meet Puddles. Because he reminds me of my friend, I find it easy to feel sorry for Benjen. It's hard to truly loathe a terrible person like him.

Tyrion. Because his smartness is not appreciated by Tywin who only uses him for his own benefit.

Jon. Because he is a bastard.A royal child in disguise as a bastard.Just a thought.

Edmure. Being ditched thus making stupid move for his own glory by stopping Tywin at Riverrun.

Stannis. Because Robert did not know how to say thank you for the things you have done.

I feel sorry for Benjen, despite the fact that he's a deeply horrible bully/psychopath. He reminds me of my bully/psychopath friend, who at least does things like help me fix my car or lets me know if I start to get fat. Benjen is a lot like this - he tells kids when they are whining too much and he helped Othor meet Puddles. Because he reminds me of my friend, I find it easy to feel sorry for Benjen. It's hard to truly loathe a terrible person like him.

Benjen reminds me of my daddy.

Archived