Is Dany now known as Khaleesi by both show and bookreaders?

Audrey Arryn

I call her Dany, not her damn title

not to mention it would have to be:

Daenerys Targaryen, First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, called Daenerys Stormborn, The Unburnt, Mother of Dragons

Only in season one really, past that its almost always Daenerys. She even name drops herself to others a few times "I am Daenerys Stormborn!" once with subtitles even.

I find that there's no excuse by now for watchers to think her name is Khaleesi or to just call her that.

http://farm9.staticf...34f4a891f_z.jpg

Yeah, I have also noticed that name.

What about the change from "SOIAF" to simply a "GOT" even when just referring to the books?

this one in particular pisses me off

We called her Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen of the blood of dragons, rightful Queen of Westeros, The Andals and the Rhoynar, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, The Dragon Queen, The Unburn, Mother of Dragons, Mhysa of the Free Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Queen of Meereen, Daughter of Death, Slayer of Lies and Bride of Fire.

I dont have many friends who are into asoiaf (books or show, one other reader two or three show watchers). One of the show watchers calls her khaleesi and it made me so mad I was like dude thats not here name. he got a weird look and was like wait really....HATE IT SO MUCH. But i guess on the other hand I have gotten in trouble for calling her bad names.

We called her Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen of the blood of dragons, rightful Queen of Westeros, The Andals and the Rhoynar, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, The Dragon Queen, The Unburn, Mother of Dragons, Mhysa of the Free Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Queen of Meereen, Daughter of Death, Slayer of Lies and Bride of Fire.

Or least interesting POV...one or the other

Everyone always forgets Princess of Dragonstone. After all, for most of her life she considered Viserys to be the rightful king and as his only living relative she was, by default, his heir and therefore Princess of Dragonstone. After his death she would have retained the title due to having no known relatives to be her heir. Which makes me want her to encounter Aegon and have them both make a point of referring to the other as Prince/ss to drive home the fact that neither considers the other rightful.

I think show watchers call her Khaleesi because Ser Jorah calls her that every time and there are show fans who are naming their baby girls "Khaleesi". So they probably forgot her real name is Daenerys.

I've never actually seen a book reader call her Khaleesi and not Dany.

I call her Daenerys, I think it's a beautiful name. I've noticed that those who only watch the show mostly refer to her as Khaleesi. My friend who'd just started the show was confused when I asked him if Daenerys was hot, he was like "who?". He refers to her as Khaleesi or Silver Queen now, lol.

Of the many, many, many things the show and the unsullied upset me about, the change from aSoIaF to GoT and Khaleesi.

Like, why do the unsullied latch on to Khaleesi so much? What do they think is so fantastic about being the head of some vicious Khalasar. I feel like if they maybe would have picked up a book they wouldn't think the Dothraki in such a romanticized fashion.

GoT fans get out of here, they bug me to no extent. Especially when I tell them how the books are much more important adn I tell them to read them. They always respond with how close the show is to the book, so they don't need to. :bang:

Archived