who can jon end up with

Starkfaithful85

IF Jon ends up with someone, that scenario will most definitely come with a catch. It's not going to someone who is 'perfect' for Jon and with whom he'll have 2.5 kids, a white picket fence, kittens, and puppies while singing 'the hills are alive'. Unless Val will be revealed as secretly sacrificing babies to The Old Gods or something, she should be out if the running for that reason alone.

Every other 'candidate' has an obvious (potential) catch and thus better chances.

Now that I think about it, I find the "Jon won't be with anyone because he's NW!" comments kind of dumb. I don't think anyone really agrees with the NW vow of chastity or non-marriage. If he does end up married it's not like it'll be some treacherous moment for him and will most likely happen out of necessity.

Thank you.

Everyone always says Jon's an oathbreaker for being with Ygritte, but most of the time people only judge Jon with these higher standards while his brothers visit the local whore house whenever they can. They started doing that long before him, so start there. Oh, and don't forget the Kingsguard, either!

Realistically, by the end of the story Jon will either be dead or alone at the Wall. He will probably fuck Daenerys beforehand but I think Jon's ending has long been foreshadowed when he had that discussion about temptation with Aemon Targaryen.

I've never understood the argument that Jon broke his vows by being with Ygritte. The oath says "I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children." Jon did not marry Ygritte, he holds no lands and has not fathered any children. There is nothing in the oath about being celibate.

Yet and maybe the NW doesn't exist at the end. What do you think? That Jon should stay holding a sword over ruins in the snow?

I think he will die fighting the Others, if that is the case. Or he'll rebuild the NW to their former glory. He doesn't seem like the oath-breaker type, or getting out on technicalities. He could've had Val, he refused. He could've had Ygritte, he refused. :(

I think he will die fighting the Others, if that is the case. Or he'll rebuild the NW to their former glory. He doesn't seem like the oath-breaker type, or getting out on technicalities. He could've had Val, he refused. He could've had Ygritte, he refused. :(

There is no oathbreaking when there is no NW, the existance of NW is the very purpose of the oaths not a technicality. Jon Snow refused Val (and yet he named a giant her bodyguard) Jon the King never refused anything.

There is no oathbreaking when there is no NW, the existance of NW is the very purpose of the oaths not a technicality. Jon Snow refused Val (and yet he named a giant her bodyguard) Jon the King never refused anything.

I like Jon, but it goes against his character to deny the woman he loved ( Ygritte ) Not go to save Arya when he could, just to eventually walk away hand in hand with a hot blonde? Even if the NW is destroyed, the LC should die with them, or he's a coward. He vowed to defend the realm, worse, he swore it to the Old Gods.

Most likely, the Night's Watch can only be disbanded by the King of the Seven Kingdoms or, should the Kingdoms break apart, a council of the different Kings. If the Wall was to magically fall apart or the Watch be military defeated, the Watch itself would continue to exist in her ragged survivors.

I like Jon, but it goes against his character to deny the woman he loved ( Ygritte ) Not go to save Arya when he could, just to eventually walk away hand in hand with a hot blonde? Even if the NW is destroyed, the LC should die with them, or he's a coward. He vowed to defend the realm, worse, he swore it to the Old Gods.

Because a King or a married man can't defend the Realm? :bang:

Well, if you fantasise about something that has 0 backing in the story to disqualify Val... :rolleyes:

Right, the "Val is perfect for Jon, that's why she is his only potential wife" stuff is super-duper realistic in a story where every wedding so far ultimately ended in tears.

Because a King or a married man can't defend the Realm? :bang:

I'm just saying, it doesn't seem likely that he would go against the vows. And, if the NW was disbanded, he married, what would say he was king? He may have a claim, but swords win a war, not pretty hair and a nice smile.

I'm just saying, it doesn't seem likely that he would go against the vows. And, if the NW was disbanded, he married, what would say he was king? He may have a claim, but swords win a war, not pretty hair and a nice smile.

The foreshadowing. As for the swords I think that GNC proves that he has all the swords he need. Who is better to rule than the savior after all?

I don't understand all the speculation of who Jon will end up with? He is a man of the Nights Watch, no bullshit technicality will change that. The only way Jon should be free from the NW, is if there isn't a NW at the end. If that Is the case I don't want Dany (no more incest), or Val (I don't get all the fuss over her). I think Arianne will marry Aegon. Maybe a character not introduced yet. I still think the story ends with Jon in the NW though, he passed his test when he left Ygritte for his brothers.

Does anyone really think the wall will even exist at the end of the series? Most of the wildlings are now south of the wall and all signs point to a final battle between the Others and the rest of Westeros resulting in the destruction of the Others most likely. The wall will come down with either the horn or dragon fire. Thus the NW's ending and Jon being able to move on. Hell he may not even technically be bound to his vows anymore after his stabbing and possible resurrection.

Let's see here:

-Dany, but the only realistic scenario I see that they end up together is in a loveless, political marriage to intertwine the North and South.

-Sansa, but she, more than likely, ends up married to Harry the Heir.

-Asha, but he'd nope right out of that relationship.

-Arianne/Sand Snake, but I believe 100% that they'll be tied to Aegon in one form or another.

-Margaery, but that's only if he wants to sign his own death certificate.

-Val, I don't have anything against this match, as long as he doesn't jump over Rickon to be King in the North.

-Cersei, but HELL NAW.

So, in order of possibilty, IMO:

1. Dany or Val

2. Sansa

3. Margaery

4. Dornish

5. Asha/Cersei

Archived