The Walking Dead: Season 4 - No Comic Spoilers!

Thales

I don't think I've ever thought this much about a scene in a tv show before :uhoh:

My own simple and humble opinion is that I kind of hope Carol did it just because it shows how far her character has evolved in this world and also because I can understand what her intent was. She seems to be at that point where she's tired of pretending that there is a lot of humanity left in their world and that sometimes shit just needs to be done. A far cry from Dale's philosophy.

The only reason I don't want her to be guilty is because I don't want to see the consequences she will face. I like her too much :P

Obviously the writing has changed this season because the characters are developing more robustly as is the storyline. Was there another shift I the show runner?

I agree.

If she is guilty, I suspect the controversy will be is what happens to her. There aren't too many of them who can throw stones.

Remember what crazy Clara said about doing certain things to survive. Everyone has their own horror story.

- Shane killed Otis for Carl and Lori

- They were going to execute the kid that Shane eventually killed, even though his nature was still up for speculation.

- Leaving behind the hitchhiker that was eventually killed.

- Carl killed the boy/man from the Governors group and then lectured Rick on his own weakness.

- They initially left Merle chained on top of a roof.

- Rick was going to hand over Michonne.

Everyone has a reason for doing what they did, only the Governor is truly predatory, as well as the guys Rick killed in the bar when he went after Hershal.

I think if Carol did it, she probably is correct in her assumption they would not have survived the virus.

That's the thing too; the virus killed two (three counting the lady zombie in the cell that Sasha saw) people in 24 or so hours. It quickly devolved from sniffles and fever to bleeding out and dead. Those two were as good as dead and even though they had to have already been bleeding out for there to be that much blood (assuming they weren't killed in their beds) they weren't dead yet, so its considered murder.

No matter what happens, I really like that the show has added this type of moral quandry to the equation. It's attempted it in the past in rather ham-fisted ways but this was one of the first times its been done right, in my opinion.

Indeed there was. The guy who wrote last season's episode with Morgan, "Clear", is the new show runner.

I hope that means more Morgan as well. Lennie James seems to be in bed with AMC and should be available given "low winter sun" wrapped up a while back.

Archived