WInds of Winter theory

Maestor Tarly

I also like the idea of Bran ending up back at Winterfell... but I also like the idea of Rickon, Sansa, Arya and Jon all ending back up there together.. I think Jon and Rickon are the most likely Starks to be in Winterfell... Jon because of Rob's will and Rickon because Davos is going to bring him back to Stannis right after Stannis defeats the Boltons and the Northerners can declare Rickon "King in the North" against Stannis' will

Aegon - Won't marry Arianne, he will fall for Elia Sand. Once the Golden Company regroups at Storm's Enn and an alliance with Dorne is made, they will join forces to aid the Reach against the Ironborn invasion. Once they defended Highgarden, the Tyrells and their bannermen will pledge fealty to him. They will open the gates of King's Landing for him and they will take the city overnight. He'll meet Balerion the black cat, which will prove if he's the real Aegon or a pretender.

Arianne - After hearing of his brother's death she will be even more hostile towards Daenerys. After Doran dies she won't hesitate to join Aegon with all the might of Dorne. Will meet Willas Tyrell after the Battle of Highgarden and will fall for him slowly. They will marry after Aegon takes King's Landing, finally making peace between Dorne and the Reach.

Areo Hotah - The search for Darkstar won't go smoothly, as he's hiding in Sunspear all along and will assassinate Doran while everyone's away. The tensions will rise between Obara and Balon Swann, she will snap and try to kill him at one point, and I believe both will be dead after the Sack of Oldtown. Arienne will give Areo the command of the Dornish host that will head for Oldtown, so he'll have to lead instead of following orders (similar how Barristan had to start making decisions in ADwD). After they defeat the Ironborn, they will head for King's Landing to join Aegon's host. He will find Sarella in Oldtown, and will meet Samwell Tarly, who will be sent to the capital by the Archmaesters. Aegon will make him one of his Kingsguard towards the end of the book.

Aurane Waters - Will become a major player, and will make lots of trouble to a main character who's traveling back to Westeros by sea (Tyrion with the Second Sons perhaps).

Ok am I the only one that has only found the Theon and Adrianne chapter? Where are you guys finding all these other chapters??

The Barristan sample chapter isn't online yet, but it is available in the new paperback edition of aDwD. The other chapters have been read at cons, and people have posted summaries about them on the forums.

Here's a few:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/67929-twow-spoilers-miscon-reading-two-winds-of-winter-chapters/ Victarion and one Tyrion

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/81338-twow-spoilers-barristan/ The two Barristan chapters

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/57570-twow-spoilers-arianne-ii-part-2/ The two Arianne chapters (or it's only one, however, a lot more happens than in the sample chapter)

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96016-twow-spoilers-worldcon-reading-second-tyrion-chapter/ Second Tyrion chapter

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/67371-twow-spoilers-new-tyrion-chapter-and-the-rest-of-the-new-victarion/ additional information of the Victarion and Tyrion thread above

I'm sure there are more threads to be found in the Winds of Winter section, just keep looking. Not all of these have a lot of info in them, but it's better than nothing :). In total, two Barristan, two Tyrion and (partially) one Victarion have been read at cons. One of the Barristan chapters is now in the book, and one Arianne and one Theon are available online.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading Theon's sample chapter again I am starting to think that Aegon is a blackfyre and that he will sit the Iron Throne.

To quote Stannis, "Daemon Blackfyre was a rebel and usurper, Bittersteel a bastard. When he fled, he swore he would return to place a son of Daemon's on the Iron Throne. He never did. Words are wind, and the wind the blows exiles across the Narrow Sea seldom blows them back."

I think this is a bit of foreshadowing/hinting that Aegon is an heir of Daemon's. He has the help of the Golden Company that was created by Bittersteel, and until recently never broke a contract. It is also made up of "exiles and sons of exiles" with some men from families that were lords in Westeros before the Blackfyre Rebellion. I find it too much of a coincidence for them to be helping Aegon when their original purpose was to return to Westeros to put a Blackfyre on the Iron Throne.

Also of note, Bittersteel, iirc, was the last known person with the famous Targaryen sword Blackfyre.... wouldn't be suprised to see Aegon gifted the sword by someone in the GC when he takes the throne

Brienne - Kills UnCat while fighting Jaime in his trial.

Jaime - Kills Cersei, because she's about to do something very Aerys-esque. For example, Tommen is killed and she just wants to burn the whole city with wild fire.

Sansa - Marries Harry the Heir, he (almost) immediately gets murdered. Littlefinger thinks he now controls the Vale through Sansa.

Arya - Is sent to kill the Hound. Probably gets really close to seeing another Stark but they don't quite cross paths.

Dany - Won't be anywhere near Westeros still. Might die before ever reaching it.

Bran - The paste is people. But he doesn't care. Probably learns some secrets about other major characters from the Weirwood trees.

Tyrion - Is Dany's prisoner, not her advisor.

Jon - Is somehow alive again in some capacity. Rides down to Winterfell. Goes straight past Stannis and the Frey's who have all died of hypothermia. Claims no power for himself but helps rebuild Winterfell ready for Sansa/Rickon/Bran/Arya. Isn't a secret Targ, AA, tPtwP. Lives happily ever after.

Yeah, not really. Jon gets revived by Melisandre, sacrificing her life. He has been living in Ghost (for however long the resurrection process takes) so his personality is changed to some extent. Probably moving away from the honor that Ned Stark taught him, which means he will completely break his vows and give up his place in the Night's Watch. I think the warging and the (hopefully) almost immediate resurrection should mean he is still close to the character he was before.

I bet 0% of these actually come true.

Jon- probably will spend some time in his wolf. heavy interaction with bran and BR, who finally revive him once stannis sacrifices theon to the heart tree.

Ghost-sacrificed to resurrect jon along with theon.

Arya-kills tommen. she doesn't know tommen(personally). and even if 'arya' knew tommen, the whole idea of becoming faceless is losing your identity and assuming some one else's. and that some one else won't know tommen. Or maybe kills euron.

Sansa-probably will manipulate sweetrobin into telling the vale lords that lf killed his mom. then will have to somehow get her marriage anulled. lf might have already arranged for the high sparrow to come to the vale to annul the marriage.

Cat- orchestrates red wedding 2.0 at riverrun killing more freys. wont stop till walder. then she'll probably walk into a fire or something.

Howland reed- shows up at the wall the moment jon is resurrected. crannogmen are close to the old gods, and thus there might be a few on some island in the bogs. BR tells him when exactly to leave. reveals the true parentage of jon to the world, testifying what jon would have already been shown by BR.

BWB- Brienne will probably join them but refuse to help out in red wedding 2.0 (I think walder will be there so he will probably die too). then they would head north i guess, with reed to the wall. brienne returns oathkeeper to the starks.

Mel- will be very confused. will eventually realize how wrong whe was about stannis.

Tyrion- I see him manipulating his way into Dany's inner circle.

Dany- tells mereen to take care of its own problems and leaves (tyrion's influence?). might stop by at valyria. or decide to visit asshai. whatever the case, most likely won't reach westeros until the end of the book.

Victarion-Don't see him surviving past this book. Dany won't marry him.

Euron- may be killed by arya. or Loras. would be cool if Sam goes slayer on him to protect gilly.

Aegon-Realizes that conquering westeros isn't as easy as he thought. Might end up having to kill joncon because of greyscale. this could trigger targ madness in him.

JonCon- spreads greyscale (shadow fire). smoking tower is griffin's roost. will die soon.

Agreed. It can surely be assumed by readers given Drogon, but more than likely has not been confirmed by GRRM.

Dany and Jorah said multiple times that she would become one of the Dosh Khaleen. So in order to unite the Dothraki, she most likely has to link up with the Crones in Vaes Dothrak..... it is known.

There is also the prophecy that one day, all the khalasars will be united in one grand khalasar... with perhaps Dany to lead them? :D

The idea of taking Dothraki to Westeros was Viserys'. He didn't much care if they looted, raped and pillaged their way across Westeros as long as he got the IT. Dany, on the other hand, actually cares about the smallfolk and doesn't want Westeros or anywhere else destroyed unless absolutely necessary.

Unless she can get the Dosh Khaleen to change the Dothraki way of doing things, I am certain she will leave them in Essos and feel it likely that a lot of them will die screaming.

The idea of taking Dothraki to Westeros was Viserys'. He didn't much care if they looted, raped and pillaged their way across Westeros as long as he got the IT. Dany, on the other hand, actually cares about the smallfolk and doesn't want Westeros or anywhere else destroyed unless absolutely necessary.

Unless she can get the Dosh Khaleen to change the Dothraki way of doing things, I am certain she will leave them in Essos and feel it likely that a lot of them will die screaming.

I know the idea of taking Dothraki to Westeros came from Viserys (though the idea was probably planted there by Illyrio for a bit), but I'm talking about the prophecy.

"Only the crones of the dosh khaleen dwell permanently in the sacred city, them and their slaves and servants," Ser Jorah replied, "yet Vaes Dothrak is large enough to house every man of every khalasar, should all the khals return to the Mother at once. The crones have prophesied that one day that will come to pass, and so Vaes Dothrak must be ready to embrace all its children."

In the House of the Undying, in Qarth, she receives this vision.

Beneath the Mother of Mountains, a line of naked crones crept from a great lake and knelt shivering before her, their grey heads bowed.

What is described in this vision did not happen when Dany was at Vaes Dothrak with Drogo and his khalasar.

In het last chapter of aDwD, Dany meets up with Khal Jhaqo. Jaqo had 20.000 Dothraki riders with him when he departed from Drogo's khalasar, so his khalasar might have grown since then. So Dany has a part of the Dothraki already in her presence. With Drogon by her side, it is possible that Dany will make the other khalasars bow to her, and she might unite them all in Vaes Dothrak. I never stated she is to take them all to Westeros.

Dany sacked Astapore and left it secure, or so she believed, but Astapore soon became a place of butchering once again. Yunkai was defeated, but is now participating in a war against her. Dany will never leave Meereen to it's own fate, to end up like Astapor, a place of butchering, or Yunkai, a place of war. So perhaps the dothraki will be put to use here.

I know the idea of taking Dothraki to Westeros came from Viserys (though the idea was probably planted there by Illyrio for a bit), but I'm talking about the prophecy.

In the House of the Undying, in Qarth, she receives this vision.

What is described in this vision did not happen when Dany was at Vaes Dothrak with Drogo and his khalasar.

In het last chapter of aDwD, Dany meets up with Khal Jhaqo. Jaqo had 20.000 Dothraki riders with him when he departed from Drogo's khalasar, so his khalasar might have grown since then. So Dany has a part of the Dothraki already in her presence. With Drogon by her side, it is possible that Dany will make the other khalasars bow to her, and she might unite them all in Vaes Dothrak. I never stated she is to take them all to Westeros.

Dany sacked Astapore and left it secure, or so she believed, but Astapore soon became a place of butchering once again. Yunkai was defeated, but is now participating in a war against her. Dany will never leave Meereen to it's own fate, to end up like Astapor, a place of butchering, or Yunkai, a place of war. So perhaps the dothraki will be put to use here.

I remember the vision. I think it is part of the "move back to go forward" that Dany expresses in her last chapter.

She is left faced with about 100 Dothraki of Khal Jhaqo. What she will do with them remains to be seen, but the Dothraki overall are part of the Mereenese Knot. She cannot take them with her to Westeros and leaving them in Essos as they are would be problematic.

Perhaps the answer is to get the Dosh Khaleen help to give them a new purpose. I don't think they can be turned into a governmental force, but they might be convinced to stop the looting, pillaging, raping and taking slaves to be the ones who make sure that what Dany wants continues - no slavery and that the good rulers stay in place. They would continue to get to collect gifts (taxes) and any city who doesn't toe the line is fair game.

It's not a great solution, but short of eliminating the Dothraki hordes entirely, I don't know of a better one.

I remember the vision. I think it is part of the "move back to go forward" that Dany expresses in her last chapter.

She is left faced with about 100 Dothraki of Khal Jhaqo. What she will do with them remains to be seen, but the Dothraki overall are part of the Mereenese Knot. She cannot take them with her to Westeros and leaving them in Essos as they are would be problematic.

Perhaps the answer is to get the Dosh Khaleen help to give them a new purpose. I don't think they can be turned into a governmental force, but they might be convinced to stop the looting, pillaging, raping and taking slaves to be the ones who make sure that what Dany wants continues - no slavery and that the good rulers stay in place. They would continue to get to collect gifts (taxes) and any city who doesn't toe the line is fair game.

It's not a great solution, but short of eliminating the Dothraki hordes entirely, I don't know of a better one.

She is found by 100 men of Khal Jhaqo, but don't forget the man has 20.000 men in his khalasar, maybe even more. :) 20.000 men can do a lot of things for you if you can bend them to your will.

Even though she isn't the sharpest arrow in the quiver, I don't think Dany is stupid enough to bring Dothraki to Westeros.

A bunch of stupid, disloyal, raping murders who don't speak the common tongue and have absolutely no marketable skills besides killing and absolutely no intention of learning anything besides riding around and destroying things better men have made.

I think it was Mormont who said something like, "there is no surer way to unite Westeros against you than bringing a foreign horde."

The only legit purpose I can see for the Dothraki is to give her dragons practice killing and eating hordes of mounted men.

well here is my theory abt whats gonna happen in twow

1.ESSOS

well fight in mereen has started and barristan+vic will do the hammer/anvil strat and destroy the yunkai.yunkai will be finished in no time but the volantenes and allies are coming in from the back and vic knows abt it .there he will try to take control of the dragons in mereen .and i guess he will be sucessful.but the volantenes will know abt the dragons and will have some good countermeasures . we have to remmeber that rhaegal and viserion are still very young and not as powerful as drogon.the vic +barristan is besieged inside the mereen with lttle hope.

dany is iis in control of the dorogon and amass the dothraki poeple(at least jhaqo and maggo)and lead them to mereen .battle ensues and dany is vitorious. but ther comes the real battle .dany is very proud and term the victarions move with dragons as a theft.this will be one of the ultimate test for dany. this will be abt dany's magic vs valyrian magic .dany will have to proove that her magic is stronger. dany will never accept victarion as a new rider after this kind of a show which did not have dany's permision beforehand. ofcourse dany will win,but what will be the fate of victarion i dont know. he would probably die.with all three dragons a huge army, and the remainig ships(quite a lot)will become a part of her navy.

there tyrion will resurface, some negotiattions will take place with acussations and counters but tyrion will live.tyrion believes in making the leaders face the highest challenges and thus will advice dany first to goto valyria and seek the magic of valyrian,win over it and make it her own.after that the waiting of vagharo's whore will be completed and dany will descend upon volantis and destroy slave trade forever.

2. free cities

with the sealords giving asylum to the last targaryens and witnessing the viserys arianne pact i guess as a political entity bravoos stands with the targaryens.bcoz its there that valyrians were slave traders but westeros wasnt even under targaryen rule.pentos magister illyrio is already there and i guess lys tyrosh and myr are of no big importance . they will stand for dany and pave her way towards westeros, bcoz maybe first they dont want her overlordship and want her to go to westeros imme diately.as far as faceless men are concerned we dont know where they will stand. but as far as i mconcerned they will be for dany.becoz

1.faceless man secretly trying to get some key from the archmeaster tells us that they dont enjoy full confidence

2. maesters are working against magic and faceless man are actualyy supernatural therefore magical

3. i bet what PATE THE PIG BOY stole from the maesters was a glass candle i gurantee

so if faceless men are with dany here we go. arya will in for dany in some or another but lets leave for westeros

3. south westeros

well cersie is a bitchand bitches survive somehow.cersie will be brought down by her valonquor thats either jamie or tyrion both are far offf so cersie is gonna survive. stroms end has fallen. the realm shaken and tyrellandtarly depart for stromlands to rally poeple against the pretender.meanwhile margarery will loose it and cersie will demand trail by combat against margarey. cersie will win. tyrelllannister allaince will fall. tyrell will declare for pretender.cersie knowing her end is near will run to casterly rock knowing kings landing is gone. the pretender will march for kings landing and will be annointed aegon 6. here at this point connington is gonna learn that aegon is a blackfyre and die a sorry death. dorne will obviously declare for aegon in some wway or another. maybe tyrells would have been wiped out by the golden dorne allaince.aegon goes to oldtown and saves the those poeple from iron poeple. anyway tyrellls dont matter in the larger eqn. this will ensure that the whole south is united under one ruler and thus aegon will march north.here connigton is dead and we follow aegon through ariannes perspective who is his queen now.

4.north westeros

well the great northen conspiracy has been already published by some one on his site giving a horde of info but i guess rickon will be favoured over jon otherwise manderley would never sent davos to skagos. they know that stannis is righteous and this is what actually eddard was but not an adherent in red god. so they will help help stannis and stannis will come out victorious in the battle of ice.by now its public that aegon is a blackfyre. the north desends on south and we have BATTLE OF TRIDENT AGAIN. as far as vale is concerned sansa will get control of riverlands and vale and declare for stannis.jaime with brienne will obviously survive with brienne dying.(good) but i guess jaime will be asked for reribution and fight for stannis or take the wall or join the brotherhood itself.

5 the wall

jon has gotta be alive man some how .melisandre will do her trick. we will watch the the other threat escalating and at the end the wall falling down. jon will some how contact bran. come to know of his parentage(R+L=j)

• 2 weeks later...

Aegon will have taken the Iron Throne - Isn't this a bit too soon? It would mean the Lannisters and Tyrells have been defeated, eliminating a lot of major players from the game long before the end. Here's my thoughts about the situation:

I tend to disagree with this statement. It's not too soon. The Reach and Dorne (which for the most part have had nothing to do with the fighting.(what I mean is besides the battle of the Blackwater what figths have the reach been in. I don't mean defending their own land I mean actually defending the realm. The battle in dragonstone, yet I don't think it was as bloody as everyone is think. The first word that we get about the fall of dragonstone come from the bastard of driftmark and as we can't be certain of his loyatly besides wanting money to build himself his own pirate fleet, he don't know where his actions lie. So Loras could have taken hold of the castle very easily. The maester's have been seen to make peaces and surrendering castles before. He seems more about protecting the realm(stannis's maester) then working to help Stannis. He did work against Stannis by giving Storm to Davos. Then there is the fact that I think that he is the bastard son of one of Tyrells. I think one of them had a son in the citadel and I'm not talking about Leo Tyrell. Or he's a hightower if not Tyrell. IF the reach knows that Aegon is the same Aegon from Kingslanding. The reach was the last of the armies to dispense. What if Varys got word to them that Aegon was alive just hold. Wait til he was stronger politcally. The tourney at Kings Landing and Tyrion's clothing in fat man and sly maid. Which are the only times that Tyrion's clothing is described thought out the entire book. Except when he's on the block. So i would say that 's important. The colors described are that of those from the reach. Redwyne and Tyrell to be exact. So that's part of the food for thought. Then there is the fact that Tyrell not Redwyne presented Joff with a figure of a flag ship that he was building in his honor. I'm thinking that the Tyrells and Redwyne are strenthing themselves for when Dany and Aegon make their return to Westeros. It's Tyrell and Tarly that make the decision to send Dorne against this false dragon. ALlowing dorne to move their armies to join that of Aegon's. While Redwyne's fleet is creeping to Storm's end to receive Aegon and bring them back to the capital. Remember what Darrio tells dany about the son's of the harpy? That to get them out of the pyramids get them together on some pretext and slaughter them all. Well that works in westeros. The faith has refused to grant Tommen his blessing or at least the ceremony hasn't taken place yet. So on the pretext of his blessing get all the head of state together. Once they are on their way back to the castle slaughter them in the streets or whatever but the gutters of Kings Landing will bleed. Lastly if Tyene does her job right she can point out all the evils that the Lannisters have done the realm and that the rightful king has come back to claim his rightful title. Talk up his virtues and this man that his strongly connected to the faith will want to help this boy who has survived to heal the wounds the lannnisters have made. Well that takes care of the faith. As he's not married to his sister or a cousin, his' not born of incest and learned in the faith should go along way to soothing the pious.

Daenerys will arrive in Westeros at the Wall just in time to defeat the Others - I believe Daenerys will at least be on her way to Westeros. Her arrival would be way more dramatic though, if the Others have already started their invasion - meaning that it will already be war on the Wall

No, No, No.... There is no way that dany is going to have to time to get back from the Dothraki sea to Meeren before the battle. The best that dany can hope for is her army and general head to Volantis. Remember what Tyrion said of Volantis it's the first daughter of Valyria. Dany isn't going to met Tyrion until they get back to Westeros. Seperately.Tyrion is going to intergrat himself into dany's court. Expecially when he shows that he can control one of the dragons. Who on the planet in Essos at this time knows about dragons collectivally? NO one. It's Tyrion and his the king of knowing ancient history that know one else knows about. Plus look at the lanuages at they were studing on the ship. They were going over High Valyrian the glyphs that were on the horn were in high valyrian. Something about the writing is going to tickle at tyrion's memory and his going to be the horn blower not Vic. Look at Viserion's blood when the windblown spill it with that stray arrow. It was Gold and Red. Those are lannisters colors. The horn itself is made out of red gold for christ sake. Need I say more about Tyrion and the horn. I don't think so. So lets move foward. Tyrion is going to convince the Meereen court to march or sail to Volantis. The will assume that where ever she is, she will learn of the distruction of Meereen. Look at what those dragon's did at Astopar.They were small then and hadn't just spend months in the dark. Moving right along. So they head to Volantis where there is a slave revolt and Tyrion leaves the goverment in the hands of the tigers. Their blood price for getting them back to Volantis from Meereen. From there Tyrion is going to head to the Pentos. Yet let me get back to Dany. She's going to come on after Tyrion leaves that's when the slave revolts happenends. From there I don't know maybe to Braavos to find the house with the red door?

Jon will wake up from a coma when Dany and her Dragons arrive - I truly hope Jon won't stay in a coma for an entire book :)

This is the funniest thing he said before you corrected him. I have tons of theories about jon so what I will do I will just fill in Jon's part in each person's character's arc.

Arya will be in Kings Landing with orders to assassinate Aegon - Arya's storyline is tricky, but assasinating Aegon? The faceless men are up to something though, and I'm guessing it will have something to do with dragons. If anyone should be watching out for Arya in the future, I think it must be Dany, since she has three living dragons.

I agree her arc is the most difficult to predict because she's in the faceless men and I think they were contracted to kill the dragons.That's why their agent is in the Citadel right now. Unless you believe that the fake Pate isn't a Faceless Man but really a hightower. He's really familliar with Marwyn. Who can't be trust at the citadel because of his blood just like Marwyn. He's a hightower their family in the higtower discription as being practices of the the occult, dark magic even necromancy. That's why he sent his relative changed his face to Pates' and wanted that key. The Tome of blood and fyre is locked away in the vaults of the citadel. Detailing how the citadel killed the direwolves and the dragons the first time around. The citadel didn't give Marywn his key so he need the key stolen. To prove to Dany that the citadel needs to be cleaned out. She is the slayers of lies. The citadel is choking on it's lies right now. It's a corrupt font of lust, abuse of power and knowledge. So yet that's where dany will be headed when she makes her way to Westeros. Arya also could be coming back to Westeros as her own type of savior. Her wolf is named Nymeria. The warrior queen brought her entire people to Westeros to get away from the Dragons and the Valyrians. So It stands to reason that part of the reason that her arc is leading her toward Braavosi which are decent from ex slaves exscaping the dragonlords the first time around, that Arya will lead them to the Trident and later to the twins. Where she meets up with her wolf before heading to the north to help Jon.

Sansa will be in Kings Landing betrothed to Aegon - Sansa will be in the Vale, hopefully rallying the Vale Lords, and the Riverlords in the proces. Hopefully, at the end of WoW, Sansa will be more in a leading role, having revealed herself (this could actually be in her last chapter). LF doesn't necessarily have to die for this, but losing Sansa will be a major disappointment for his game - and a major win for Varys!

Sansa is going to be betrothed to Aegon he's going to steal the poor girl after she's raped by Aegon's nasty little Uncle Tyrion. It's tyrion taking first night. Yet that's for later. Sansa is going to be headed to Kings Landing after they are driven from the Vale because her lord husband turns the vale into a smoking ruin as he put it in the first book in his thought. After he kills all of the arryans(mountains blowing in the wind they did marry into the mountain kings line after the andals conquest) The Vale nor the Riverlands are going to rally around Sansa to take over the north in her or Rickon's name. IF they did such they would be leading a foreign army against the north and I don't think the North will take to kindly. Sansa may have the blood to rule in alot of different places but so do her siblings. Check this out. The would be queen from the first dance of dragons was half Arryan, then her son Aegon the 3 marries another daughter of Arryan, next his son is more Arryan, Aegon IV has the great bastards one of which has a child that marries into the house of Arryan. That means that the Arryans are related to the Targs by like 3 generations plus they have claim the bastard line as well. Now remember what I was saying about wars being sealed in marriage or sometime houses will marry to consolidate power. Now check this out we know that Ned's great grand aunt marries into the Junior Royce family and that her children spawn and marry into several other houses that have been in the Vale longer that the Arryan have. Now this same aunt is related to the lord of WF and we don't know which house he married into. A link is only a strong as it's weakest link. If the Vale and North were consolidating power it would stand to reason that major house be bound in blood so an arryan woman marries the lord of WF. That's how Ned and Jon now claiming a common ancestor had a claim to the throne. Plus that helps explain why Ned was being fostered in the Vale. Which justify Rickon Starks reason for a Grand Northen Alliance that lay with marring his heirs to whatever house have ties to the Starks in the past but also to that of the Targs. Which is where Robert and Lyanna marrying helps the cause as he's a targ from his grandmother and through the male(bastard)line going to when Aegon landed in Westeros. Ned going to the Vale as Jon's intended Heir. At that time Jon didn't have an heir and I don't think that he wanted to leave the Arryan throne to the junior uncouth branch as Petyr stated. Harry the Heir wasn't alive nor the Arryan that died with Brandon Stark in Kings Landing hadn't been born yet. So Jon was looking for a suitable heir and ned fit the bill .

Bran will be stuck in a cave with Weirwood roots growing through him - Bran will definetly be learning from Bloodraven, and fighting the Others, helping the NW

For the most part I have to agree with this statement. Yet I would like to turn are attention that Bran will act as Jon's magical (consiglorne) trying to be funny he will act as jon's advisor. Note in AGOT when Rob is meeting with Lannister. Bran is seated at the right of power and the wolves take their cue from Summer not Grey wind. If Bran is Jon's advisor like I think then it makes sense that the other direwolves would take their cue from Jon's beta(second in command) Summer. I won't get into that anymore just read my theory about Jon/ Warging ablitlities in that thread and you can read my many thoughts about Bran and Jon.

Cersei will be mourning the deaths of Tommen and Myrcellae - Tommen and Myrcella both dying in the same book would be a lot of killing of children in a row. I do fear that both of them will die before Cersei will be killed, but I'm hoping there is another solution. Perhaps Cersei only needs to think that they're death? Since the Lannisters wanted to kill Trystane Martell on his way to KL, pretending that Tyrion had done it, the Martells could easily be plotting a similar situation, only without actually killing Myrcella, because if there's one thing Doran seems to be hating, it is children getting hurt because high lords are fighting. Nymeria Sand is bringing Myrcella to KL at the moment. she could arrive at KL telling Cersei and co that Myrcella was kidnapped by Tyrion's men, and that she caught a glimpse of a dwarf - this would show Cersei two things: (1) we know everything you are plotting against us, and we shall not be broken, and (2) we will repay you in kind. Remember how Cersei fears that Doran would kill Myrcella so the shades of little Rhaenys and Aegon could be at rest? This would play in to that nicely.

IF those children die at anyone's hands it's got to be Aegon's. He has to be different from Robert and not let another man do his killing for him. Then there is cersi and her possiblily burning down kingslanding with the hidden wildfire which would bring Jamies finest hour into light to the world. Then Jamie kills her because he went to a lot of trouble and even took the kings shame on himself by not telling anyone what Aerys really did. Jamie has more honor then most give him credit for. It's the first duty of the kingsguard to protect the secrets. That's what he was doing even if he did kill the rightful king.

Maergery will still be a virgin - I doubt Margaery is still a virgin, though I truly do believe she hasn't had sex once she arrived at KL (too risky).

I totally agree with this thought! The little minx she just a dirty whore under all her finery.

Sam will find some crazy old books about dragons and others - I think Sam will find way more at Oldtown than only old books about dragons and others - though I agree that he'll probably be learning about them at the Citadel, possibly aided by Alleras/Sarella. What other way are we going to learn about the others? Sam and Bran are our only options for this, and Brand seems to be too busy learning how to fly. I agree

Sandor will find out a fake Aegon is going to marry a "little bird" - Sandor (I truly do believe he is still alive) will finally kill Ser Robert Strong aka Gregor Clegane. That will finally give him the revenge he has always been searching for, his personal goal in life. I am one of those people who believes the big silent gravedigger on the Quites Isle is Sandor. I also believe that, after his treatment by the people on Quiet Isle, and by Arya's treaement of him, Sandor will be a changed man. Either before killing UnGregor, or after, he'll find Sansa again and swear her his service, and keep his little bird safe.

Haven't given this much thought

...Winter has come and everyone will "Dream of Spring" - Nice interpretation. I was thinking along the same line, that the year(s) of winter that will pass in WoW and DoS, at the end of DoS, with the wars done and everybody licking their wounds, all the survivors left in the devistation will be dreaming of Spring, which is usually a happier time.

Nice, right there with you except well okay maybe but I would like the last book to be mainly about the struggles for the throne and how to survive the attack from the others. How do you rebuild the north. I like the idea of Sam living in White Harbor as it's lord and Jon's high born lord to the king,while davos acts as hand to the king through the commons (almost like a ruling body of the house of commons and house of lords) Turning the Wolf's Den into a northen citadel. To be a polar to the citadel in the south under the government of the the IT which the north won't be yoke to.

Also, it is my believe that Davos will find Rickon, bring him to White Harbor (or Manderly directly) and the North will declare for Stannis. Whether Stannis will ever bend the knee (either to Aegon or Dany), will remain to be seen, but I doubt it. Stannis is a very stubborn man. I think he'll die trying.

Rickon isn't at Skagos. Look at the map. It would be too time consuming to have Davos go all the way to Skagos then have him go south again to White Harbor only to go back north to the Wall or Winterfell. IT makes more sense for Rickon to be in the Neck. This way Davos can bring some major players in the southern realm to the north that have some valuable info for Jon. Plus it's more a consolidation of power and pov's. AGOT started with 8 POV"s all those that Survive AWOW will be reduce back down to maybe those POV's for ADOS. That's the way I would do it. Have those charaters that have important need with the future King meet in the Neck only for Davos to give them passage to the Wall. To gather support for Stannis and Jon's cause.

Jaime - I believe (read: hope) that he'll get to survive his upcoming meeting with Lady Stonehearth, and finds a way to redeem himself. I would also love it if more people found out about the wildfire plot of Aerys, which was the reason Jaime killed him in the first place. I feel very, very strongly about Barristan discovering this. It most surely would leave Barristan conflicted about his feelings of Jaime, but perhaps the hatred will disappear over time.

THis I see as a given only I don't think that Barristan is going to live long enough for this.

JonCon will eventually die, either at a very ironic timing, or he'll sacrafice himself for Aegon (seeing as he knows he's a dead man)

Yeah, totally.

The Greyjoys are a big question mark here. I feel the same about the Dornish. I am so very afraid that Prince Trystane will be the only Martell left alife or, even worse, that Doran will be the last one left, a sickly old man who can only mourn about his entire family and the fact they have all died. Arianne, though, will not become Aegon's queen.

I also hope Barristan will survive. Though he might just die fighting for his Queen.

Cersei will surely die - killed by Jaime, her "little" brother. Though I think she'll hang on another book. She has to fight Margaerys first.

I'm tired I'll do this part later and expand on jon's arc

Archived