[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

Oh, okay, thanks !

If they ever decide to include past visions in Bran's storyline, it would be a better choice to reshoot it. And I really cant see D&D skipping the weirwood visions next season as it's one of the main points of Bran's story ! So colour me excited at the prospect of it next season !

I wonder if the show is going to surprise us with the fact that Arya and Jon can warg...wait until they are absolutely in dire peril and then show us the warging like Bran. That works, too, and makes sense in the show universe.

I wonder if the show is going to surprise us with the fact that Arya and Jon can warg...wait until they are absolutely in dire peril and then show us the warging like Bran. That works, too, and makes sense in the show universe.

Imagine Jon's eye going all white when he's stabbed ! ^^ :idea:

Yeah, I hope it goes like that!

Imagine Jon's eye going all white when he's stabbed ! ^^ :idea:

That's how I've always said they should end season five…after Jon's assassination has played out in full, roll the 'Winter is Coming' soundtrack and slowly pan over Jon's body, revealing his eyes to be in the warging state, and then maybe cut to Ghost in the kennels…could be great.

I've seen brandon's execution clip today for the first time and i really hope they will put some flashback about the Rebellion in the next season.

I think it's too late to implement flashbacks now without it being jarring. Honestly they should have had them in from the start imo - I don't think many of the casual viewers understand much of what happened in the Rebellion, and flashbacks would really have helped with that. The extra casting might have stretched the budget (though only a few extra cast members would be needed in all honesty) but D+D have admitted themselves that they budgeted S1 ineptly, so it would have been possible.

I think it's too late to implement flashbacks now without it being jarring. Honestly they should have had them in from the start imo - I don't think many of the casual viewers understand much of what happened in the Rebellion, and flashbacks would really have helped with that. The extra casting might have stretched the budget (though only a few extra cast members would be needed in all honesty) but D+D have admitted themselves that they budgeted S1 ineptly, so it would have been possible.

I disagree. Bran becoming a greenseer is the perfect moment to introduce them, and if they had happened before Bran became one with the weirwoods it would have drastically reduced the impact of Bran's ability to see the past.

I disagree. Bran becoming a greenseer is the perfect moment to introduce them, and if they had happened before Bran became one with the weirwoods it would have drastically reduced the impact of Bran's ability to see the past.

Not really. We had flashbacks in the books and Bran being able to see into the past was still plenty impactful. The impact is not that we can see the past, but that the characters now can which may bring lost information (some beyond the reach of living memory and hence pure flashbacks) to light. There is nothing I want to see less than Bran's plotline turn into exposition hour.

This. It's all Bran will be able to do, really. It's not like he's going anywhere.

Not really. We had flashbacks in the books and Bran being able to see into the past was still plenty impactful. The impact is not that we can see the past, but that the characters now can which may bring lost information (some beyond the reach of living memory and hence pure flashbacks) to light. There is nothing I want to see less than Bran's plotline turn into exposition hour.

What else is Bran going to do? And how else will the audience find out critical information that they are missing?

What else is Bran going to do? And how else will the audience find out critical information that they are missing?

I'd rather they just kept Bran's screen time down next season. Deal with Meera and Hodor's fate whatever that may be, have one or two flashbacks that hint at the distant past and then if they bring in the Battle of Winterfell have him doing whatever he's doing with Theon and that Weirwood. I don't want them tuning in every other episode for flashbacks from the rebellion. It would be so clunky.

I'd rather they just kept Bran's screen time down next season. Deal with Meera and Hodor's fate whatever that may be, have one or two flashbacks that hint at the distant past and then if they bring in the Battle of Winterfell have him doing whatever he's doing with Theon and that Weirwood. I don't want them tuning in every other episode for flashbacks from the rebellion. It would be so clunky.

Well, I doubt he will be a prominent figure. But they can't only have him in one or two episodes...the show audience doesn't know what he's doing there, or who Bloodraven is. They will have to have that, and showing Bran learning how to see into the past, present and future will be part of his story. Showing flashbacks from his POV is the best and LEAST clunky way of doing it, IMO.

Well, I doubt he will be a prominent figure. But they can't only have him in one or two episodes...the show audience doesn't know what he's doing there, or who Bloodraven is. They will have to have that, and showing Bran learning how to see into the past, present and future will be part of his story. Showing flashbacks from his POV is the best and LEAST clunky way of doing it, IMO.

Not just one or two, but three or four - like this season. Bloodraven's identity is something else that can be explored without having to resort to loads of exposition scenes.

Bran is a character "of cosmic importance".

That is what they said. How is that consistent will basically cutting him from the show?

Well firstly I said nothing about basically cutting him from the show, just limiting his screen time and not relying on him as a tool for exposition. But anyway, Bran is clearly meant to the be the sort of character who doesn't do very much right up until the end.

you are proposing elimination of his visions, which is the entire reason he is cosmically important.

That amounts to cutting him.

This. That's the whole point of Bran, is that he has visions. He's going to stay in the tree for the rest of the story, I don't see him going anywhere ever again. His body is trapped, but his mind is not. Of course he's going to be the one who shows us visions in the show. I don't see why something like that is a problem when that's his purpose in the books.

Archived