[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

By keeping him around for s3 you mean, Basileus777? Yes, they did, but that's not an indication that they will again. Keeping him around was a quick fix and a good choice IMO, but bringing him back would be hard to justify screentime-wise unless they plunge into Davos TWOW material. Which they may well do. But outside of that, I can't see them just inventing material for him, given how much ground they'll have to cover.

By keeping him around for s3 you mean, Basileus777? Yes, they did, but that's not an indication that they will again. Keeping him around was a quick fix and a good choice IMO, but bringing him back would be hard to justify screentime-wise unless they plunge into Davos TWOW material. Which they may well do. But outside of that, I can't see them just inventing material for him, given how much ground they'll have to cover.

Rickon went to the Last Hearth, Skagos isn't going to be in the show. Rickon is right near where Stannis and the Boltons will soon be fighting.

It's plausible that they'll just have Davos go to the Last Hearth next season and sort out his mission to find Rickon pretty quickly. That would be the sort of quick fix they'd go for, I guess. My point is they aren't likely to invent material simply to show what Rickon's up to. They may well speed through material to spur Rickon's plot importance earlier than the books do though.

It's plausible that they'll just have Davos go to the Last Hearth next season and sort out his mission to find Rickon pretty quickly. That would be the sort of quick fix they'd go for, I guess. My point is they aren't likely to invent material simply to show what Rickon's up to. They may well speed through material to spur Rickon's plot importance earlier than the books do though.

I think he's likely to become relevant to the plot sooner than in the books. The northern plotline will likely be somewhat different anyway, especially if they don't bring in the Manderlys.

On the page Rickon has been gone since CoK and is not mentioned again until ADwD and even that is very brief, no on page character, George has so damn many character even he can't keep up with them!

One thing to note, way back in Season One when Dave and Dan hired Natalia Tena George was so impressed that he said he was going to write new material for Osha, the only time, I know of, when he said the show had influenced his writing.

So I am expecting , since the show runners like her, and she has been GOOD, that Natalia Tena will be back, which means, one would think, Rickon too.

They stuck in Gemma Whelan this season as a viewer gouge to remind people there were other Greyjoys about.... I was a bit surprised there was not a 2 min. insert with Natalia and Art also, but thats the old complaint about the 10 ~ 1 hour episode format.

They've already diverged from the source material when it comes to Rickon.

That was pretty minor and amounted to the same plot narrative.

One thing I see going on is that we are seeing the fall out of the D and D discussions with GRRM before season 3... and the discussion in Santa Fe with D&D and Bryan Cogman before season 4 was made..

(heck it may go back to discussions D and D had with GRRM before season 1).

If they are sticking by only 3 more seasons, then a lot of forward planning is having , or has been, done, we are seeing the impact of that.

Like D and D say , they have to construct a visual narrative that carries the story in a way that can not be transliterated from the prose text... and they don't even have the prose text for Winds of Winter.

So a tough job for them!

The whole story of Manderly knowing that Rickon is in Skagos and he needs Davos to fetch Rickon doesn't really hold together. Why would Rickon go to Skagos? Even if Ned's mother was from Skagos, which is pure speculation, how would Osha know to go there? The story of Wex tracking them makes little sense - what was Wex's motivation and how did he track a wildling and a direwolf without them noticing. Why would Manderly need Davos to fetch Rickon when Manderly has a whole fleet and port city? Even if he's being surreptitious, surely Manderly could have found a Stark loyalist smuggler. What was his plan if Davos hadn't showed up? The most plausible explanation is that Manderly is lying about some or all of it, but then you have to wonder why Manderly wants to send Davos to Skagos on false pretenses. Or maybe GRRM just wanted to send Davos on a quest and didn't worry too much about it holding together. I don't know. Anyway, I doubt that any of that plot will be in the show. Maybe Davos leaves Stannis to treat with some Northern house, and maybe they are hiding Rickon in their basement, but Davos could just stay with Stannis or go back to Bravos for the mercenaries.

I thought that Ramsay's season 4 plot line would involve trying to track Rickon and Osha down, and we'd see them get to safety with the Umbers or Manderly or something. But the Ramsay material we got for season 4 was good, so I don't have complaints. I don't see much point bringing Rickon back onscreen for season 5. He's in hiding. Maybe somebody tells us that he's in hiding, if it makes sense for them to know and to tell us?

Keeping Rickon and Osha with Bran's group through season 3 made some sense, but it might have been a mistake. The sad goodbye at the tower was sweet, and it would have been rushed to do that in the episode where Luwin died and Winterfell was burned. But Bran's season 3 story was mostly focused on Meera and Osha not getting along, and that wasn't particularly compelling. Rickon did very little before the goodbye scene. The Reeds haven't been great characters on the show, and maybe if Bran's group had shrunk sooner and had a different conflict through season 3, the Reeds would have worked better.

Could be a clever choice though just like the kettleblacks lancel one. I am also ready to bet that daario taking ben plumm's role, will betray dany because of her marriage to hizhdar.

I could also see them just introducing BBP for season 5 with a simplified story - he is one of the companies sent by Volantis or hired by Yunkai. Merged with the Windblown.

The Second Sons were mentioned this season by the Hound.

Oups - the show has Daario as leader of the Second Sons. Forgot that.

I think you could probably get away with merging the Manderly's & Umber's. We've not seen a Manderly on the show yet (as far as i can recall) but we've also not seen the Umbers much either since the RW, when they were either killed or captured.

Unless the whole Skagos plot was a game changer in some way i'd miss it out and have Rickon hidden with a loyal northern lord and leave it at that.

The whole plot with the weddings of the Manderly daughters and the business with certain pies being made would be changed very little by changing the family who is involved. In fact you could probably miss the whole polt out and change very little.

Didn't they merge manderly and the umbers? I've read this somewhere on the web.

Archived