[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

The BWB will be basically the same, they can accuse of her of being a Lannister toady, though why they would specifically want the kingslayer's life....since in the show.. Roose Bolton did not specifcally implicate him in the RW like he did in the book...who knows? Maybe they will totally change it around. Brienne being captured and tried will still work the same but how they would work Jamie in will be more difficult.

But, Graves comments give the reason why no Stoneheart, they thought she should have stayed dead, that is an artistic decision, they didn't like her resurrection, so they're leaving it out.

But what was the point of giving Brienne OATHKEEPER SWORD on the show. This is the sword used when Brienne is about to be hanged as she yells out the word "SWORD" as refering to that she will keep her oath can you explain that is LS is not on the show ?

But what was the point of giving OATHKEEPER SWORD on the show. This is the sword used when Brienne is about to be hanged as she yells out the word "SWORD" as refering to that she will keep her oath can you explain that is LS is not on the show ?

She scream sword because that was the option she was giving, there's no hidden meaning there.

If they cut LS, Brienne, Jaime and the BWB storyline will have to changed completely.

One can even wonder what was the point of adding Brienne and Beric in the first place without it. That's why I won't take this rumours as truth until the show is over and LS was cut after all

But what was the point of giving OATHKEEPER SWORD on the show. This is the sword used when Brienne is about to be hanged as she yells out the word "SWORD" as refering to that she will keep her oath can you explain that is LS is not on the show ?

She has a choice between sword or rope, she will either hang or do what they want her to do. The name of the sword is not that relevant. And, the show does all kinds of stuff that has no greater point. They had the whole long scene with Cat talking about baby Jon...everyone claimed it was about the will, but it was just random. Pod's brothel scene, no point, random. They introduce all kinds of things that are never to be seen or heard of again.

I don't think it will be magic, but it will be much less drastic than the headless reanimated corpse we got in the book. But, it's odd, I expected they would cut this element from the show because it was kind of over the top.

I was not expecting UnGregor either. I guess Sandor gets to kill Gregor after all? Or Arya does?

Well firstly I disagree. I think with a different set of show runners we could have had season 1 levels of faithfulness all the way. But that aside, I just have a hard time seeing Uncat having so small a role that she can easily be cut. I don't think this is D+D cutting a shocking but ultimately minor subplot, I think it's a sign that from here on out we're not getting ASOIAF, just D+D's story vaguely inspired by it.

Also why isn't there enough time for us to reflect on how sad Uncat is? Isn't three to four years enough? It could have been more if she'd been introduced in S3 or 4.

And I think any other show runner would have strayed from the source material much more willingly. People say D&D are egotistical, but they got nothing on guys like Matthew Weiner or David Simon, as much as I love their work, I don't see them being as faithful to this series as D&D have.

Your reaction to this is based on your preconceived notion about LSH's role to play. For all we know Jaime and Brienne team up and take her out in their first chapter in TWOW, perhaps LSH was just a device for Brienne's character, getting her to break an oath and become more like Jaime. The thing is, we just don't know, but D&D do know. I really do understand where you're coming from, though. I was up in arms when I realized that Vargo Hoat was going to be cut from the show. Then I fell in love with Noah Taylor's performance and decided to just try to keep an open mind after that.

And I think any other show runner would have strayed from the source material much more willingly. People say D&D are egotistical, but they got nothing on guys like Matthew Weiner or David Simon, as much as I love their work, I don't see them being as faithful to this series as D&D have.

Your reaction to this is based on your preconceived notion about LSH's role to play. For all we know Jaime and Brienne team up and take her out in their first chapter in TWOW, perhaps LSH was just a device for Brienne's character, getting her to break an oath and become more like Jaime. The thing is, we just don't know, but D&D do know. I really do understand where you're coming from, though. I was up in arms when I realized that Vargo Hoat was going to be cut from the show. Then I fell in love with Noah Taylor's performance and decided to just try to keep an open mind after that.

Please tell me that even if you defend them here you agree that the way they killed him off was horrible. Such a potential wasted, He was easily my favorite minor character in the show and just a brilliant improvement.

Please tell me that even if you defend them here you agree that the way they killed him off was horrible. Such a potential wasted, He was easily my favorite minor character in the show and just a brilliant improvement.

Absolutely, one of my biggest disappointments of the season, such wasted potential. :(

Absolutely, one of my biggest disappointments of the season, such wasted potential. :(

Arguably sort of in line with what GRRM does though?

But yeah, I thought Jon and Locke would do more together and I thought that would have been interesting.

If she's cut there must be a way around her, writing-wise. But then Michelle Fairley wouldn't just say either way because if she does show up, she's probably not allowed to talk about it, so we'll say what happens. There's no point despairing or complaining a year in advance. If she isn't in a year from now then, yes, all your gripes will be warranted.

Arguably sort of in line with what GRRM does though?

But yeah, I thought Jon and Locke would do more together and I thought that would have been interesting.

Yeah, I had a similar reaction many times while reading the books. "I'm starting to like this Arys Oakheart guy, kind of an interesting character.. oh, he's dead."

Stoneheart is hardly comparable to Vargo Hoat. My preconceived notion is based on good writing in general. If SH is a minor part of the series it will be poor writing plain and simple, and Martin is not a poor writer. He is in my opinion one of the most brilliant modern writers so I don't believe he would make such a huge error. I'm more inclined to believe D+D just don't know what they're doing.

As for whether other show writers would have been more faithful, that wasn't my point. My point was that hypothetically, if the showrunners (whoever they may have been) had cared to keep GoT at S1 levels of faithfulness they could have.

She scream sword because that was the option she was giving, there's no hidden meaning there.

If they cut LS, Brienne, Jaime and the BWB storyline will have to changed completely.

One can even wonder what was the point of adding Brienne and Beric in the first place without it. That's why I won't take this rumours as truth until the show is over and LS was cut after all

i took it for that Brienne meant the name of the sword as well to keep her Oath to cat.

yeah it really would not make any sense if she was cut

As for whether other show writers would have been more faithful, that wasn't my point. My point was that hypothetically, if the showrunners (whoever they may have been) had cared to keep GoT at S1 levels of faithfulness they could have.

And my point is that I don't think that level of faithfulness is releastic especially when adapting books 4 and 5. Very rarely do books get adapated as faithfully as ASOIAF has. You want the show to be run by a superfan like yourself, but that's not how it works. Movies like Twilight don't get made because it's a great story, but because it has a built-in audience due to the popularity of the books. The producers don't find the director who likes the story the most, they find somebody who can adapt the book into a profitable movie.

There are limitations with adapting such a massive story, some characters are going to get cut, whether it's Lady Stoneheart, Val, Victarion, or Addam Marbrand. Around here you never see "well they have to make hard decisions, maybe that means LSH doesn't have as much to do in the final two books as I thought..." instead you see "well nothing D&D do surprises me anymore, they think they know better than Martin!" I am just happy to provide a more open-minded perspective amidst all of this overwhelming negativity.

And my point is that I don't think that level of faithfulness is releastic especially when adapting books 4 and 5. Very rarely do books get adapated as faithfully as ASOIAF has. You want the show to be run by a superfan like yourself, but that's not how it works. Movies like Twilight don't get made because it's a great story, but because it has a built-in audience due to the popularity of the books. The producers don't find the director who likes the story the most, they find somebody who can adapt the book into a profitable movie.

There are limitations with adapting such a massive story, some characters are going to get cut, whether it's Lady Stoneheart, Val, Victarion, or Addam Marbrand. Around here you never see "well they have to make hard decisions, maybe that means LSH doesn't have as much to do in the final two books as I thought..." instead you see "well nothing D&D do surprises me anymore, they think they know better than Martin!" I am just happy to provide a more open-minded perspective amidst all of this overwhelming negativity.

Thing is that with the amount of ridiculous scenes that basically added nothing that were in TV series they really can't use the 'little time, so much to tell' excuse.

I think people make a lot of excuses for the show.

if they can invent Ros and give Shae more screen time than characters that are actually important to the story.....cutting Stoneheart isn't about an adaptation or what is good TV or good drama, its about the preferences of D&D.

I think people make a lot of excuses for the show.

if they can invent Ros and give Shae more screen time than characters that are actually important to the story.....cutting Stoneheart isn't about an adaptation or what is good TV or good drama, its about the preferences of D&D.

Precisely. I appreciate the 'things will get cut' argument but not when it comes to the show with what was it? 5 minutes talk of the beetles? I did like the scene a lot but if I'm getting this and not Stoneheart...

Thing is that with the amount of ridiculous scenes that basically added nothing that were in TV series they really can't use the 'little time, so much to tell' excuse.

Yes it is, they need to flesh our the characters they do include instead of jamming all 200,000 characters into the show and not doing justice to any of them. Certainly you appreciated seeing more of Stephen Dillane this year? ;)

Archived