[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here, but why does Aemon's corpse need to end with Marwyn, Euron or the Hightowers?

ETA: sorry I was missing something obvious :bang:

Anyways that's just a theory of yours, I rather not to take fan made theories when discussing future plots from the show :p :dunno:

So you think it just complete coincidence that kings blood has been made such a big deal of, and that Aemon was sent away from Mel because of it only to end up dead (but not buried at sea) and finally within the grasp of at least one person trained in that kind of magic?

Sure. Because GRRM is all about random coincidences.

I think with the number of fan theories that are out there with this series, that there are going to be a number of very disappointed readers when they actually read the final books and GRRM hasn't indulged every one of them to their satisfaction. Not every development in the books is going to lead to something significant. If that were the case, this series would need another 20 books to finish everything up.

Well there will be some kind of stone beast from a smoking tower. Such a thing, if actually a beast, would require magic to make happen. A great deal of that magic seems to involve king's blood in some form. Aemon is a preserved corpse with king's blood in the vicinity of people who know how to and would willingly perform such magic. And Oldtown has a significant tower, though not the only possible location for this prophesied event.

Things set up in the books will not simply be left out, no matter what form they end up taking.

So you think it just complete coincidence that kings blood has been made such a big deal of, and that Aemon was sent away from Mel because of it only to end up dead (but not buried at sea) and finally within the grasp of at least one person trained in that kind of magic?

Sure. Because GRRM is all about random coincidences.

If anything, I think Gilly's baby is the one who's blood matters from that group. Still with all the theories around, I won't take any theory as "certain" just yet, and even then, not all of it will make it into the show

If anything, I think Gilly's baby is the one who's blood matters from that group. Still with all the theories around, I won't take any theory as "certain" just yet, and even then, not all of it will make it into the show

Ooh, interesting given what we have seen regarding the White Walker's use of Craster's children. Maybe in the show, these children are special for whatever reason.

Then why not just cremate the corpse at sea, on a raft?

You couldn’t have missed the online furor over the lack of Lady Stoneheart in theThrones finale. Were you surprised by that attention?

I actually haven’t seen any of that. I don’t look that stuff up. I avoid it like the plague. I was totally unaware.

There was a lot of online conversation. I heard third-hand that you were basically told that it’s not likely to ever happen. Is that accurate?

Yeah, the character’s dead. She’s dead.

Do you have a preference at all—do you think Catelyn’s arc should end where it ended, or would you be into the resurrection idea?

You respect the writers’ decision. I knew the arc, and that was it. They can’t stick to the books 100 percent. It’s impossible—they only have 10 hours per season. They have got to keep it dramatic and exciting, and extraneous stuff along the way gets lost in order to maintain the quality of brilliant show.

If that's true it's absolutely idiotic. There's absolutely no sense in Brienne's arc in S4 without SH. More likely they simply can't say anything.

I'm just so sick and tired of the shitstom around this issue. The constant disregard for the story arc from people close to/involved of the show and poor Fairley who is either very tired by this or just forced to lie. Even if she is in, this whole thing is gross. And if she is not, biggest mistake ever and so much groundwork for nothing.

I'm just so sick and tired of the shitstom around this issue. The constant disregard for the story arc from people close to/involved of the show and poor Fairley who is either very tired by this or just forced to lie. Even if she is in, this whole thing is gross. And if she is not, biggest mistake ever and so much groundwork for nothing.

I don't think she's lying. When an actress says you have to respect the writers decision and you can't do the books 100%....that seems quite definitive. I don't think Stoneheart is important enough that everyone would be going through a super elaborate hoax to this degree...with Fairley lying and Graves lying....the simple explanation is: they are not using Stoneheart in the show.

i honestly think they'll just include a new group of bad guys that will hang brienne on the show and thats how brienne will lure jaime.

they don't even need new guys, they can keep beric or just have thoros or use the guys they already cast as part of the bwb.

I don't think she's lying. When an actress says you have to respect the writers decision and you can't do the books 100%....that seems quite definitive. I don't think Stoneheart is important enough that everyone would be going through a super elaborate hoax to this degree...with Fairley lying and Graves lying....the simple explanation is: they are not using Stoneheart in the show.

Even if we do get Stoneheart, she is not lying. Catelyn the character is dead, just as she says. Stoneheart is no longer Catelyn. It is an evasion, but not necessarily a lie. It is one possibility.

Even if we do get Stoneheart, she is not lying. Catelyn the character is dead, just as she says. Stoneheart is no longer Catelyn. It is an evasion, but not necessarily a lie. It is one possibility.

Her full quote I think is quite clear. There is no Stoneheart. "I knew the arc, and that was it".

they don't even need new guys, they can keep beric or just have thoros or use the guys they already cast as part of the bwb.

But that's just so dumb. Why replace a compelling and emotionally challenging situation for Brienne with her being threatened by guys she never met ?

But that's just so dumb. Why replace a compelling and emotionally challenging situation for Brienne with her being threatened by guys she never met ?

probably because they don't give a fuck about catelyn. they never have. they took away all her agency from her pretty much. D&D are gross

Archived