[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

It was said he is lord of riverun that doesn't mean he is actually holding it.

I think it kind of does. They established that the Blackfish is "on the run" which is essentially where he's at now in the books.

I think they'll skip all the Riverlands stuff mostly because it requires the show to introduce a bunch of very minor characters who probably won't have much bearing on the larger story. Jaime will have to find his way to Brienne at some point but there are lots of ways they can accomplish that without him going to Riverrun.

Actually, a smarter move would be for him to be sent (or decide to go himself) to track down the BwB as they would be causing a lot of shit and unrest. That makes his eventual meeting with Brienne more plausible.

I think it kind of does. They established that the Blackfish is "on the run" which is essentially where he's at now in the books.

I think they'll skip all the Riverlands stuff mostly because it requires the show to introduce a bunch of very minor characters who probably won't have much bearing on the larger story. Jaime will have to find his way to Brienne at some point but there are lots of ways they can accomplish that without him going to Riverrun.

Actually, a smarter move would be for him to be sent (or decide to go himself) to track down the BwB as they would be causing a lot of shit and unrest. That makes his eventual meeting with Brienne more plausible.

good suggestion.

While I'm baselessly speculating, I suppose one thing they could do with the Blackfish is link him up with the BwB since he wouldn't have a lot of options after the RW. This all depends on what his role is in later books but I'm guessing he plays more of a part and that it most likely deals with the Freys and the BwB/Cat (not sure what the other options are). And he has to be somewhat important for later since they could have very easily included him in the RW massacre on the show and explicitly let him escape.

With Gendry probably having a different path, the Blackfish could be the one who first meets Brienne and brings her to the new BwB. He could perhaps act as the saddened follower of LSH who is there out of a sense of duty to his niece but not happy with what the BwB are doing now. Hell, he could even explain that he was the one who fished Cat's body out of the river after the RW and ran into the BwB who performed the resurrection.

Isn't speculating fun?

I like that idea! I can picture Jaime in Dorne, getting disturbing ravens about a lot of dead Frey's and Lannister men in the Riverlands, and since he's not in the mood to return to KL and Cersei directly after the failed rescue attempt anyway he takes a ship to Saltpans to check it out and on his arrival meets up with Brienne.

Personally I think the Blackfish went to the Vale, (in the books after fleeing Riverrun and on the show presumably fled right after the Red Wedding) and will meet up with Sansa next season.

Personally I think the Blackfish went to the Vale, (in the books after fleeing Riverrun and on the show presumably fled right after the Red Wedding) and will meet up with Sansa next season.

I've always been fond of the idea that the Blackfish is going to the Vale, but in the show I'm not sure how many stalwart allies you can surround Sansa with before her continuing to work with Littlefinger ceases to be a pragmatic action and instead becomes really dumb (particularly if, as one imagines, Littlefinger will be back more in the driver's seat; though we really don't know what the dynamic between the two of them is going to be like going forward). If the show gets to the point where she breaks with him next season, that's fine, but otherwise I don't think it would work.

I think him being in Dorne will be great. It makes that story infinitely more interesting as opposed to introducing a ton of new characters with very little context.

Anything that gets him away from negotiating ceasefires on castles we don't give a shit about and sparring with a mute guy is fine with me.

personally i think him being in dorne is going to suck because he'll obviously fail at whatever plan he has for going there. the only way it would be interesting is he slept with a sandnake or something because of the fandom drama it would cause. the jaime x brienne shippers will lose their shit

I don't think he'll fail actually, if his gig is extricating Myrcella from Sunspear. IIRC Myrcella does leave Dorne for KL anyways at some point in ADWD, so why not have that as him and Bronn bringing her home to Cersei? And then Doran can tell the disappointed Sand Snakes, Arianne and Trystane that there is a better way to the Throne with his big "fire and blood" reveal.

I am fine with the Dorne diversion.

E1 Cersei finds out he freed Tyrion and Tywin is dead because of it. She flips out at him. The funeral happens and Bronn pisses her off too somehow, maybe because she thinks he helped, so she sends them both to Dorne on an impossible mission.

E2 they arrive in Dorne hidden maybe on Myrcella's gift boat. Sand snakes discover this. Confrontation ensues. All are arrested by Doran. Seething anger and near riot mood of Dorne is shown.

E3 Doran gets some dialogue scenes with his prisoners and allies that show what kind of a leader he is and give some hints on his game. The Myrcella plot is hatched.

E4 the Myrcella plot in some variation - possibly Bronn takes over Darkstar's role. Or Balon Swann's role (chasing Darkstar with Obara).

It is very unclear how Jamie would get out of Dorne, and why he would leave without Myrcella. My guess is he would actually be sent away by Prince Doran BEFORE the Myrcella plot, when the others are arrested. Doran would know that keeping Jamie hostage or killing him would start a war he doesn't want, so this makes the most sense to me. I doubt Jamie would leave willingly after Myrcella's maiming, so it has to happen before IMO.

E5 Jamie has no desire to return to KL, especially having failed to get Myrcella, so he goes to the Riverlands because of some kind of bad news from there.

Dornish diversion over.

I think him being in Dorne will be great. It makes that story infinitely more interesting as opposed to introducing a ton of new characters with very little context.

Anything that gets him away from negotiating ceasefires on castles we don't give a shit about and sparring with a mute guy is fine with me.

lol well said

I could see something like this for Jaime:

01. Is sent to Dorne by Cersei to retrieve Myrcella.

02. Convinces Bronn to join the escapades.

03. Arrives in Dorne.

04. More Dorne plot.

05. Even more Dorne plot, ending with the Queenmaker.

06. Absent.

07. Jaime is back in KL, telling Cersei about Myrcella's wounds. Cersei is MAD, sends Jaime to the Riverlands to deal with the BwB.

08. Absent.

09. Jaime in the Riverlands, meets up with Brienne.

10. Brienne leads Jaime to Lady Stoneheart.

Why almost certainly? The show has a boat. They use it for many different scenes with different characters. If they already have a boat, why not use it?

If Aemon dies in Braavos, why would he not be buried or burned there instead of his corpse being loaded onto a ship? And since I rather suspect his corpse will end up used in some sort of blood magic, this is an important detail.

Aemon's corpse needs to end up with either Marwyn. Or Euron, or maybe the Hightowers. It makes no sense if he dies anywhere except at sea.

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here, but why does Aemon's corpse need to end with Marwyn, Euron or the Hightowers?

ETA: sorry I was missing something obvious :bang:

Anyways that's just a theory of yours, I rather not to take fan made theories when discussing future plots from the show :p :dunno:

Archived