[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

I look forward to watching your show then.

See this is where I think people misinterpret me. I'm not claiming I could run Game of Thrones better. I'd laugh at anyone here who said they could. Because D+D are not just writers, they are also producers and directors and that is something they do very well indeed. D+D's skills have allowed them to get a great cast, great sets and costume design, great directors, other writers who are very good and of course great source material.

See this is where I think people misinterpret me. I'm not claiming I could run Game of Thrones better. I'd laugh at anyone here who said they could. Because D+D are not just writers, they are also producers and directors and that is something they do very well indeed. D+D's skills have allowed them to get a great cast, great sets and costume design, great directors, other writers who are very good and of course great source material.

Yet you assume their writing is separate from all of that - ie that the writing decisions are not at all constrained by the rest of the show needs.

Sorry but I have to react everytime someone mentions this possibility. If it ever happens I'll never be able to defend the show ever again. There would be no excuses for that level of OOC-ness.

When I heard he's going to Dorne that Arianne romance thing was the first thing that occurred to me they'll do :/

Jaime won't be seduced by Arianne, HairGrowsBack, right now I'm not even sure we'll get Arianne in the first place. Him and Bronn will be sent to extricate Myrcella, I presume. I think they'll thwart the Sand Snakes plot with Doran and Hotah's help and then return to KL with her. That will prompt Doran's fire and blood speech, when his children and nephews complain that that was their chance for the Iron Throne that he just sent away.

Sorry but I have to react everytime someone mentions this possibility. If it ever happens I'll never be able to defend the show ever again. There would be no excuses for that level of OOC-ness.

I just don't see why they feel the need to make Jaime go to Dorne. It is a huge deviation in that he’s heading half a continent in the wrong direction!

There have also been whispers of Arianne getting cut… Which would disappoint me to no end.

When I heard he's going to Dorne that Arianne romance thing was the first thing that occurred to me they'll do :/

Well there's still this fabulous place called Denial Land...

Jaime won't be seduced by Arianne, HairGrowsBack, right now I'm not even sure we'll get Arianne in the first place. Him and Bronn will be sent to extricate Myrcella, I presume.

There's very little chance indeed... but I thought the same about Shae replacing Tysha, and well we all know how that turned out.

I still don't think it will happen, but I'd rather brace myself for the worst.

Yet you assume their writing is separate from all of that - ie that the writing decisions are not at all constrained by the rest of the show needs.

The writing is connected to the other facets of the show, but unlike those other facets it's not constrained by budget or logistics. Good writing is good writing, plain and simple. There is an argument to be made that D+D's writing is strained by doing so much at once but that's no excuse - you've got to know your limits.

I just don't see why they feel the need to make Jaime go to Dorne. It is a huge deviation in that he’s heading half a continent in the wrong direction!

There have also been whispers of Arianne getting cut… Which would disappoint me to no end.

It's been more of an explosion than whispers to be honest.

I doubt they will do that, but other than get in some sword fights over Mycella, have Bronn go to a Dornish brothel and get in some other sword fights and both have some foreboding conversations with various Martells...what else can they do unless they introduce Aegon next season?

There's no reason to assume Jaime will get up to any funny business with Arianne. Firstly because we've no evidence that we'll even get Arianne. The KL-regular-sleeping-with-Dornish-gal bracket will already be filled by whatever happens between Bronn and Tyene. They've made it apparent time and again that Jaime only has eyes for Cersei.

The Tysha/Shae controversy is not evidence that they'll change things like this. That was a pretty self-contained alteration whereas a choice like this would screw up a lot more stuff.

Is it also true that Victarion may also not make the cut? Another favourite of mine…

It's been speculated yeah though there's less evidence as we haven't seen news from the Iron Isles. Guy's a comedy genius though, so while I'd trade him for Arianne I'll still be sad if he's gone.

If Victarion's main/only purpose is to bring a fleet to Dany, then he's definitely out.

There's no reason to assume Jaime will get up to any funny business with Arianne. Firstly because we've no evidence that we'll even get Arianne. The KL-regular-sleeping-with-Dornish-gal bracket will already be filled by whatever happens between Bronn and Tyene. They've made it apparent time and again that Jaime only has eyes for Cersei.

Well let's hope he'll also start detaching himself from her as well ; at least stop banging her in the WST : don't feel I'm asking too much here.

It's been speculated yeah though there's less evidence as we haven't seen news from the Iron Isles. Guy's a comedy genius though, so while I'd trade him for Arianne I'll still be sad if he's gone.

He would just make too good TV to cut. The whole catching the sword and freeing the slaves for his liberator dragon queen and then enslaving them again because he needs rowers but saying it’s an honour to work for the iron fleet. The TV show seems to be going down a lighter route with some scenes i.e. Pod’s brothel scene and Hotpie and such. Excluding Vic would be such a waste.

Archived