did the old gods send the direwolves?

Tommen Beetsbane

did the old gods send the direwolves,in an attempt to save TKOTN to help in the fight against the others,or did BR send them to protect bran? its quite a stretch to believe BR found a direwolf preggos with 5 reg wolves and an albino,and somehow get her past the wall,and somehow get her close enough to the starks with a horn in her neck but none of the other religions seem real,other than possible the drowned god.

Thoughts? Ideas? Predictions?

I think they were sent because of Bran, thats why the moment was told through his POV.

He is the chosen greenseer, and as a result his siblings got some too.

The old gods don't exist so I doubt they sent them, however someone probably sent them.

I think they were sent because of Bran, thats why the moment was told through his POV.

He is the chosen greenseer, and as a result his siblings got some too.

The old gods don't exist so I doubt they sent them, however someone probably sent them.

They do exist, but they are not true gods. They are the spirits of deceased greenseers (or maybe all Children of the Forest :dunno:) that live on in the weirnet.

Probably something to do with the children of the florest and greenseers. However, doubt all the five direwolves have a common specif mission.

By the way, as far as I know, the Drowned God has no power at all.... The only true demonstration of godly power came from the R'hllor, with a little help of Red Priest magic on the side.

They do exist, but they are not true gods. They are the spirits of deceased greenseers (or maybe all Children of the Forest :dunno:) that live on in the weirnet.

Yea thats what I meant but I felt lazy to write it, so probably Leaf and co. must have sent them, im iffy on BR as I think the CotF are actually controlling him.

Probably something to do with the children of the florest and greenseers. However, doubt all the five direwolves have a common specif mission.

By the way, as far as I know, the Drowned God has no power at all.... The only true demonstration of godly power came from the R'hllor, with a little help of Red Priest magic on the side.

Or maybe fire magic is just a thing and the so-called Red Priests assumed they were blessed by a god.

patchface?

what has R'hllor done? using the stannis' blood to kill the pretenders? mel saw that in the fires. shadow baby? she's using king's blood. thats why she tells stannis they cant have anymore,she's draining him

patchface? what has R'hllor done? using the stannis' blood to kill the pretenders? mel saw that in the fires. shadow baby? she's using king's blood. thats why she tells stannis they cant have anymore,she's draining him

What?

Edit: I was dumb and quoted the wrong post.

No. GRRM said that the first few paragraphs he wrote in the series were about a boy watching a beheading then finding the direwolf puppies. I don't think anyone sent them but GRRM. But I do find it kind of weird that no one else in the series has ever seen a direwolf before....

It's almost like direwolves were as rare as dragons, but people don't seem to be making a freak-out fuss about them as much as they do about dragons.

No. GRRM said that the first few paragraphs he wrote in the series were about a boy watching a beheading then finding the direwolf puppies. I don't think anyone sent them but GRRM. But I do find it kind of weird that no one else in the series has ever seen a direwolf before....

It's almost like direwolves were as rare as dragons, but people don't seem to be making a freak-out fuss about them as much as they do about dragons.

Sorry but you realise what a silly argument that is right? Just "it happened because GRRM said so"? You could literally say that about any and ever event in the books ever. The direwolves coming to the Starks is a pretty big event, and considering the role the direwolves play in their respective Starks' lives, there must be a good reason it happened. Otherwise it's deus ex machina which is frankly beneath GRRM.

The reason is not "GRRM sent them", because from within the world of ASOIAF, GRRM doesn't exist. Unless he pulls a Hussie on us which I think is pretty unlikely. :P Everything in the story is there because he put it there, but he also has to put in an in-universe origin/cause for everything or nothing is going to make sense.

On a separate note, I wouldn't say direwolves were as rare as dragons. There had been no dragons for thousands of years, whereas direwolves are just endangered and you wouldn't expect to see any south of the Wall. There are those who believed that direwolves were extinct or were a mythical construct, of course, but that evidently wasn't true. The truly unusual part in this scenario is seeing direwolves south of the Wall, and serendipitously having there be one for each Stark kid.

Archived