A Fancy Story to Make Jon and Lady Catelyn's Lives Happier and Easier

Tywin Manderly

Ned claiming that Jon is his bastard and raising at home caused tensions with his Lady Wife and also quite a strained relationship between Jon and Lady Catelyn. I think he could and should have been a bit more creative with explaining how he got Jon, delivering him of the stigma of being a bastard and also that Lady Catelyn would have no objections against raising Jon in Winterfell. :grouphug:

So if you were Ned what fancy story would you tell Lady Catelyn.

Remember, Ned is the Lord Parmount of the North and as he says, goes, or risk that he will have your tongue or worse.

I think the promess he made to Lyanna involved bringing Jon up as if he were his own child.

And I guess Catelyn was bothered more with Jon being raised in Winterfell as if he were a legitimate son than with Ned having a bastard per se. She couldn't understand why Ned didn't send him to be raised by a bannerman.

Or Brandon's - he is dead and can't object to the story...

Dead too long.

I think the promess he made to Lyanna involved bringing Jon up as if he were his own child.

And I guess Catelyn was bothered more with Jon being raised in Winterfell as if he were a legitimate son than with Ned having a bastard per se. She couldn't understand why Ned didn't send him to be raised by a bannerman.

If his Benjen's, then he's being raised as an illegitimate nephew, and thus doesn't carry the same treat as a son. The fact that he was a sign of Ned's infidelity doesn't help either.

Isn't Benjen the youngest of the old Stark siblings?

I think that him being so young and fathering a bastard would look really somewhat fishy.

Oh, and he was at WF the whole time wasn't he?

What girl could he have fathered Jon on without maids calling it suspect and that Ned brought the baby?

Any crazy story would be a poor disguise for Jon's identity. He looks like a Stark.

BUT

I wonder what would happen if Jon looked like a Targ. Then Ned would have to get creative and he probably wouldn't have taken Jon to Winterfell.

Ned would just claim he had some relations with a Lyseni girl or something.

Archived