Exercise and fitness: Winter is coming but don't hibernate

Lany Freelove Cassandra

it wasn't fun.

i had a headache, my forehead was throbing while in the pool and it caused me to lose the will to swim.

it was the first time i actually wanted to quit the session but i stuck with it though i did skip some parts of it.

in the end, it wasn't all that bad and i did manage to get to 2k but it was a rather miserable experience.

it can only get better, i guess.

My climbing partner got held up at work last night, so no climbing. Might be going tonight. Friday for sure.

But! Did my first full headstand at yoga last night (at the rock gym). I was so excited to have managed it that I did it again. Holla.

Sorry baxus :( Hopefully it was a one time headache.

Back to upper body today. Although I didn't feel sore, the weights seemed heavier and the second second set of reps was really hard to get through. (bet I am sore tomorrow :P )

thanks, hopefully it was.

next swimming practice is tomorrow and we'll see :)

i had no headaches during my swimming practice yesterday and i quite enjoyed the session.

kicks are still kicking my arse but i'm getting better at it and just suck it up and do it, as agonizing as it may be :D

i had no headaches during my swimming practice yesterday and i quite enjoyed the session.

kicks are still kicking my arse but i'm getting better at it and just suck it up and do it, as agonizing as it may be :D

Glad to hear it went better this time :)

I'm off to Scotland tomorrow for some mountain training. Over a ten day period we're looking at about 20km distance and a couple of thousand metres elevation change per day, with 40 or so kg of kit. Hope my endurance holds up!

That sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck.

Upper body today: had to adjust a couple of the weights that were too low (was doing bench press at 50# but accidentally did 80# successfully, although it was really hard, so I adjusted my chart to do 65# going forward, also adjusted for the ab crunch and side bend). (this is on a home gym weight machine)

I really like the 5 day work out cycle, although I have to admit to not doing the abs yesterday after over eating on Thursday. :lol:

I also let my son knock me down a few times this morning (one step sparring) as we are getting ready for a karate tournament next Saturday. He wouldn't return the favor though as he "doesn't like sweaty people touching him" :lol: I will try again with him when I am less sweaty. ;)

Fucking Columbia routesetters apparently decided that what my life was missing from my life yesterday was the opportunity to basically do pullups on rocks. I spent 90% of that route nearly horizontal on my back. My tendons were not pleased.

Happily my elbow feels better today so I should be fit to climb Sunday, probably.

Fucking Columbia routesetters apparently decided that what my life was missing from my life yesterday was the opportunity to basically do pullups on rocks. I spent 90% of that route nearly horizontal on my back. My tendons were not pleased.

Happily my elbow feels better today so I should be fit to climb Sunday, probably.

Sounds like you are doing a lot more advance routes now! Awesome.

The one time I tried, I barely did a basic route (while all the little munchkins scampered up it with little problems at all). I plan on trying again when my weight is down a bit more :P

Sounds like you are doing a lot more advance routes now! Awesome.

The one time I tried, I barely did a basic route (while all the little munchkins scampered up it with little problems at all). I plan on trying again when my weight is down a bit more :P

:) Everyone starts that way. Someone I introduced to it couldn't get up unrouted in several attempts and then quit. Don't get discouraged!

Have just ordered the ugliest, most garish running socks I could find that were eligible from Amazon Prime because it is really annoying to locate socks that are supposed to hang dry when they are black and mixed in with the rest of your laundry.

Whats wrong with the elbow again? Whenever my elbow gives me grief high rep(like sets of 20-25) dumbbell hammer curls help a lot.

Have just ordered the ugliest, most garish running socks I could find that were eligible from Amazon Prime because it is really annoying to locate socks that are supposed to hang dry when they are black and mixed in with the rest of your laundry.

Also this is why my lifting socks are bright red!

Whats wrong with the elbow again? Whenever my elbow gives me grief high rep(like sets of 20-25) dumbbell hammer curls help a lot.

Just the route I climbed was hard on my tendons. Not a "real" injury, knock on wood.

Yeah give the hammer curls a try, helped with my tendonitis in the past.

I don't know what this means. Mostly I'm just resting it til tomorrow.

Except not really. I went running and did a bit of lifting. Feels ok though.

Archived