NFL 2013-14 Week 12: Brady-Manning-Pocalypse Now

DanteGabriel

Wait is Alexis gone? Or is her in a ponytail causing late onset facial blindness?

(I kid but it actually a semi-serious question. When I switched out the avatar, half the time it still showed the old one...or maybe to you none at all?)

No double meaning. But that line has been emblazoned in my brain ever since I liked Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah on Pandora and now every third song is some cover of it.

Anyway on Cam, he looks like a force of nature whenever I see him so I'm a believer.Y'ever notice all that talk of fake smiles and work ethic fell off after he had that likable turn in that commercial with that little kid who was gonna take his job? I stand by the notion that the only thing that can stop Cam Newton...is Cam Newton. Well that and a Panthers receiving corps that is Steve Smith and the cast of Good Times. Steve Smith's great but he really shouldn't be your team's best offensive weapon for an entire decade.

BTW how about this recent draft record for Carolina:

2011 - Cam Newton - Offensive Rookie of the Year

2012 - Luke Kuechly - Defensive Rookie of the Year

2013 - Star Lotulelei - Defensive Rookie of the Year (Likely anyway. As far as I can tell it's between him, Sheldon Richardson and Tyrann Mathieu)

Kuechly has graduated to being a legit DPOY candidate this year. And if they ever get Cam a better weapon than a 34 year old 5'9" receiver with a Napoleonic complex he'll likely be in the OPOY/MVP conversation in the coming years.

She's back! Hallelujah. (See what I did there?)

I think Kal is right about Kiko Alonso - who is apparently Hispanic, as it turns out (half Cuban, half-Columbian, who knew?). I think Lotulelei *should* win it (and man, that guy was a fucking beast in college, wow) but I think Alonso has both 1) been very good (one of the two or three best defensive rookies) and 2) has looked flashy as hell so far (remember that diving play at the line of scrimmage earlier this season?). He has those four picks, a billion tackles, and he flies around like crazy. Now, sometimes he does that because he's subtly out of position, but, hey, it looks awesome.

As you can see above, Dante has no problems engaging in the insults and trash talk.

I'd be mad too if a shithole franchise outplayed my team on Monday night football

If you must rant about it, dude, could you do it over PM? Tiresome.

Jace - do we think they're putting Harvin Marrison in the hall? I guess Ray Lewis is going to get in, so he will also...

Also, unless you own a Colts' jersey at every position (which would be nuts, but hey, more power to you), why go for RB?

If you must rant about it, dude, could you do it over PM? Tiresome.

Yet not tiresome enough for you not to throw your 2cents in there.

It's like the world is all pissed off now because the Patriots got outplayed by the Panthers on Monday Night Football

Disclaimer: above comments in no way aimed at getting undue attention from anyone.

Yet not tiresome enough for you not to throw your 2cents in there.

It's like the world is all pissed off now because the Patriots got outplayed by the Panthers on Mindsy Night Football

I assumed this was a friendly kind of thing...but this constant refrain is you for-real? *block*

Also, last thread, thanks to whomever corrected my QB stat attribution error. I botched that one, sorry.

Jace - do we think they're putting Harvin Marrison in the hall? I guess Ray Lewis is going to get in, so he will also...

Also, unless you own a Colts' jersey at every position (which would be nuts, but hey, more power to you), why go for RB?

I think they're putting him in the hall, it's only a matter of when.

As for my jerseys: I bought a Marvin Harrison home jersey in 2002, then a Reggie Wayne, then a Peyton Manning, then an Edggerrin James, then Brandon Stokely, then Dwight Freeney, then Jeff Saturday, then Bob Sanders, then Dallas Clark, then Joesph Addai, then Robert Mathis.

So, I've hit the most elite prospects at various positions (no Tarik Glenn, sadly) and I need to update that RB jersey otherwise it will be incomplete!

I assumed this was a friendly kind of thing...but this constant refrain is you for-real? *block*

Also, last thread, thanks to whomever corrected my QB stat attribution error. I botched that one, sorry.

How do you block someone?

As for my jerseys: I bought a Marvin Harrison home jersey in 2002, then a Reggie Wayne, then a Peyton Manning, then an Edggerrin James, then Brandon Stokely, then Dwight Freeney, then Jeff Saturday, then Bob Sanders, then Dallas Clark, then Joesph Addai, then Robert Mathis.

So, I've hit the most elite prospects at various positions (no Tarik Glenn, sadly) and I need to update that RB jersey otherwise it will be incomplete!

Go to your profile name, then to Manage Ignore Preferences. At the bottom, you can type in the name and then choose what level of ignoring. I went with posts and signature, personally. Btw, congrats (condolences?) on picking up the guy that couldn't make the cut on the Steelers. Is it possible they only brought him in to give Trent and His Inches a confidence boost - someone he can out-play?

Go to your profile name, then to Manage Ignore Preferences. At the bottom, you can type in the name and then choose what level of ignoring. I went with posts and signature, personally. Btw, congrats (condolences?) on picking up the guy that couldn't make the cut on the Steelers. Is it possible they only brought him in to give Trent and His Inches a confidence boost - someone he can out-play?

Booo! Way to burst my bubble! I read that he ran a 4.3 forty, so...

Booo! Way to burst my bubble! I read that he ran a 4.3 forty, so...

Given the state of the Steelers these days, especially their O-line, I'd say there's a good chance Rainey will be better in Indy than in Pitt. Granted, that's faint praise, but might as well hope? :cheers:

Holy crap. Nevermind, then, I got nothing.

Marshall Faulk if you're looking for another RB. Or you could go all ironic and get Trent 3.0...

Jace, do you intend to update your QB jersey? I'd say that Luck is a safer bet than Rainey.

Luck is 1) Not done enough 2) He's too trendy right now.

Marshall Faulk if you're looking for another RB. Or you could go all ironic and get Trent 3.0...

Faulk was before my time, but it's looking like I'm gonna hold out another year and then make the decision.

She's back! Hallelujah. (See what I did there?)

I think Kal is right about Kiko Alonso - who is apparently Hispanic, as it turns out (half Cuban, half-Columbian, who knew?). I think Lotulelei *should* win it (and man, that guy was a fucking beast in college, wow) but I think Alonso has both 1) been very good (one of the two or three best defensive rookies) and 2) has looked flashy as hell so far (remember that diving play at the line of scrimmage earlier this season?). He has those four picks, a billion tackles, and he flies around like crazy. Now, sometimes he does that because he's subtly out of position, but, hey, it looks awesome.

Yeah there's definitely some Polamalu in him. My burning hatred for Marrone besides (he's such a dick to fantasy owners he's now vulturing TDs from his original vulture), I'm happy to see the Bills hit such an unqualified home run with him (in the second round no less). Every other recent high round pick seems to have some monkey paw to it.

CJ Spiller is a sick talent...but Darren McFadden called and wants his career back

Marcell Dareus flashes at times....but every other top 7 pick in the 2011 draft is now a superstar except him

Stephen Gilmore feels like he'll be a legit star in this league...except his arm has enough metal in it to be designed by Skynet.

EJ Manuel's TD:INT ratio is 4x better than Geno Smith...but doesn't Jameis Winston's season ruin any enjoyment of EJ Manuel? I mean isn't it like buying a palm pilot right before the iPhone came out? I don't know, just my outsider's take. How are fans feeling about Eej?

But Kiko Alonso that's gotta be pure joy. And the flashiest thing in Buffalo since the K-Gun.

*Thus fulfilling my community service requirement of one Bills post a year

EJ Manuel's TD:INT ratio is 4x better than Geno Smith...but doesn't Jameis Winston's season ruin any enjoyment of EJ Manuel? I mean isn't it like buying a palm pilot right before the iPhone came out? I don't know, just my outsider's take. How are fans feeling about Eej?

*Thus fulfilling my community service requirement of one Bills post a year

Winston may be the second coming of Fat Ben Rapelissberger in more ways than one ;)

ETA: forgot the link

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10009077/dna-analysis-matches-jameis-winston-accuser

For those interested in more in-depth film study analysis:

FO Film Study breaks down Kaepernick/Newton - Long story short: Newton is far more of an advanced/polished passer at this stage. It's something he doesn't get enough credit for. Kaepernick is the more accurate passer of the two but still locks onto his first read way too much (something I think that RGIII struggles with as well).

Matt Waldman breaks down Bobby Rainey - Basically he runs like the anti-Trent Richardson. The Browns deserve credit for fleecing the Colts on TR 3.0, but could be they end up looking pretty foolish letting Bobby Rainey go in favor of Chris Ogbayanna and Willis McGahee, two of the most vanilla/nothing backs in football.

Winston may be the second coming of Fat Ben Rapelissberger in more ways than one ;)

ETA: forgot the link

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10009077/dna-analysis-matches-jameis-winston-accuser

The whole story depresses me.

Archived