Football LXX - Chihuahuas Rising

Zoë Sumra

Pretty crazy Yaya Toure stats. I've been saying he's City's best player for a while - at least I've been thinking he's City's best player for a while.

Agreed. I had no idea that Toure had scored quite that many goals - 18 in the league is a massive amount for a midfielder, even taking into account the penalties he takes.

The fact that he sometimes appears cumbersome and lethargic has always counted against him but those stats don't lie about his importance. Luckily for City they think he'll be back in a couple of weeks and will only miss two more matches. Then again the league could all be done and dusted by then.

Fantastic goal from Bale, stunning. In general I have really liked him for Real these last few months.

He had a cold start but he's come along very nicely since December.

So much unlike Neymar who has basically been a giant disappointment from day 1 and never looked back.

I feel there is more and more evidence to the talk that he can happily pass old Brazilian defenders in their own league, but now that he's come to the Spanish Primera Division there have been few highlights, even against lesser teams. It's that we have seen him do some great things for the Brazilian team, or you'd think it was all hype, and no substance at all.

I even spotted the Ghost of Messi again last night. Once or twice.

In other news, City fails to make it. Again. Very, very nice. They never looked the part and now the standings start to match the eye test. Liverpool would be a deserved winner of the title this year.

That Westfallen footage was something all right.

A great gesture from great fans.

Bale's goal was great, but not exactly for his finishing but rather because of THAT run.

I blinked and Bale was couple of steps ahead of that Barca youngster, even after being pushed outside the court.

He's just unbelievably fast.

So the mls announces team 22 for 2017 in Atlanta.

Question is where will all these new mls players come from?

The league is currently not deep in talent and we seem bent on diluting it even further until we cannot even hope to beat a Mexican youth squad in the concacaf champions league.

Yeah.

Not at all sure what to think about this.

The league is currently not deep in talent and we seem bent on diluting it even further until we cannot even hope to beat a Mexican youth squad in the concacaf champions league.

I think they're going to raise the salary cap significantly next year when they do the new labor agreement. That should help.

Dortmund sings YNWA before every game at Westfalenstadion. Nothing to do with the 96. They did have an absolutely lovely banner up for them tho. They are probably the best fans in Europe for me, lovely football too. Would be wonderful to get matched up with them and Celtic in out CL group next year, getting to sing YNWA together both home and away would be lovely. As for Liverpool, the only negative to this title challenge is that I am getting absolutely nothing accomplished at work :-P. Woe is me!

Archived